Sign in to follow this  
schnapsdrosel

OA desert mercs

Isn't it possible to dynamically change the pistol in the holster?

If someone is able to script it for me then yes, if not this is how it's gonna look:

(double handgun :936:)

arma2oa2011031717462168.jpg

Edited by Schnapsdrosel

If someone is able to script it for me then yes, if not this is how it's gonna look:

Great pic! I would recommend two things:

1. You leave the pistol in the holster, but do not have a sidearm assigned to the unit and you leave it up to the players to add them if they want.

2. Remove the pistol holster altogether and go with a thigh rig for ammo or medical packs, and then assign a pistol to the unit.

A script would be excellent if you could get one, but I would just make the units without pistol holsters because pretty much all of us like to have a primary and a secondary for our units, but the empty pistol holster and two pistols just don't work; therefore, I think it would be best if you just get rid of pistol holster.

Norrin explanes it here how it's done.

He even gives a sample models on how to place the handgun.

Might help you out.

Me personally think it isn't worth the hassle.

The way you have it right now is fine.

2. Remove the pistol holster altogether and go with a thigh rig for ammo or medical packs, and then assign a pistol to the unit.

wouldnt mind this if its not too much work :)

wouldnt mind this if its not too much work :)

I have no idea, but I hope Schnapsdrosel can determine if would be too much work to change it. I just think that if you got units with empty thigh holsters, why not change it into something else. No point in having a pistol in it if it won't come out the holster when you switch to pistol. Might as well remove it and add something else.

I don't see the problem (Using the example given by Schnaps). A pistol in both the holster and the hand is way better than drawing a pistol from absolutely nothing IMO of course.

But the way it looks, you're screwed either way:

-If you put a weapon in the holster, you still have the weapon when drawn, plus if its a different color or type.

-If you use a script, it cuts the cpu rate (or whatever it's called).

-If you don't use a holster and you equip your character with a gun, the character looks as if he's drawing a weapon from out of nowhere.

Edited by kurow
spelling errors

I don't see the problem (Using the example given by Schnaps). A pistol in both the holster and the hand is way better than drawing a pistol from absolutely nothing IMO of course.

But the way it looks, you're screwed either way:

-If you put a weapon in the holster, you still have the weapon when drawn, plus if its a different color or type.

-If you use a script, it cuts the cpu rate (or whatever it's called).

-If you don't use a holster and you equip your character with a gun, the character looks as if he's drawing a weapon from out of nowhere.

I would rather see it pulled from nowhere and have the unit wear a medical thigh rig on the left and a mag thigh rig on the right, but Schnap is the man and whatever he puts out, I will use it.

******Update********

Looks like he is using the holster script, good to hear this.

Edited by bugkill