Sign in to follow this  
schnapsdrosel

OA desert mercs

I know I sound a little demanding, but all of the BlackOps in the screens look like they're wearing MTVs (the ones with the groin guards), and the other mercs don't. Is it possible to create BlackOps that don't have those vests, like the other mercs?

I know I sound a little demanding, but all of the BlackOps in the screens look like they're wearing MTVs (the ones with the groin guards), and the other mercs don't. Is it possible to create BlackOps that don't have those vests, like the other mercs?

like this?

shirtc.jpg

Btw, I'm still undecided which helmet should be the base helmet for the blackops the one above or this one (ach):

asianxu.jpg

I'll go with the first one, since it will look better when you on nightvision.

Yep, just like that. I just saw mercs with MTVs everywhere in the original mod and got a bit worried, is all.

I'd go with the first helmet too.

These helmets wont work with NV im afraid. Not unless Schnaps has found a way to get around it.

@Schnapsdrosel

you know that i love your works, i always did even the former des merc blackops and your female soldiers, the only thing i miss and not only on user made addons also on the original units, is that the SF (SQ leaders & officers) have a side arm holster but it does not hold a side arm, it would even be nicer when they hold a side arm and you draw it, it would be animated out.

maybe its to much to ask its just something that i like to see on this units, maybe contact bink because hes marsoc units are having a side arm holstered, not animated but at least its something ;-)

the seals does have them to, anyways overal on this units great work schnaps like usual :D

and i guess i see a replacement file after release on this units for the PMC mod, although i like bis work this units are wow!

regards

edit: reading trough the whole thing here some one already pointed the pistols out "soz"

Edited by KBourne

Actually, I remember asking Schnap about empty holsters back in ArmA1, since it was kinda an immersion breaker when you whipped out a Beretta.... with Glock sitting tight in the same holster. :D

Actually, I remember asking Schnap about empty holsters back in ArmA1, since it was kinda an immersion breaker when you whipped out a Beretta.... with Glock sitting tight in the same holster. :D

well its something that my eye catches every time, and on some point it anoyed me on the original units of Arma II why making a holser without holstered weapons? it just doesnt feel like the units where completed, not that they are bad but just not finished.

now i see these new pictures on this mod with holstered weapons :cool: they look realy good.

i liked hes former des merc blackops but i missed the pitstols there, but i like to play them thats why i'm glad not long aggo they where released with a replacement file for PMC, now i'm wondering how these going to look as a replacement on PMC :yay:

not to much black clothes pls its not so much real

but look cool

@schnaps - This may be a daft question (and I eagerly await the flames) but is there any chance of your adding in the occasional unit using the female identities you beta'd a while back? I know, not massively realistic maybe, but if one fields a hi-tec team of irregulars maybe the extra variety might be a good thing?

@schnaps - This may be a daft question (and I eagerly await the flames) but is there any chance of your adding in the occasional unit using the female identities you beta'd a while back? I know, not massively realistic maybe, but if one fields a hi-tec team of irregulars maybe the extra variety might be a good thing?

that an good idea! also will you uppdate the winter spec ops?

not to much black clothes pls its not so much real

but look cool

uh. wut?

Black Ops, it even has black in the name. If Schnaps wants to use black clothing on his black ops units then he has all the right to do so.

Some people...:icon_rolleyes:

why the bold on "black"? 'black ops' doesn't specify that they wear all black. But yes, they're his units he can do whatever he wants with them, of course. Konrad was just making a suggestion, just as you do all the time, enad.

I was just saying it's only the Black ops units that he will have mainly black obviously all his other desert mercs will not be black....

I don't see the point of the "black" bashing.

There already are dozens of camo recolors out there, but almost no black uniforms,which are widely used by special forces out there, especially for urban combat or naval intervention,so keep on the good work, Schnaps!

I don't see the point of the "black" bashing.

There already are dozens of camo recolors out there, but almost no black uniforms,which are widely used by special forces out there, especially for urban combat or naval intervention,so keep on the good work, Schnaps!

I don't see the point either. Although being a blackop has nothing to do with wearing black,

I think it fits these units perfectly. Btw, I started to make blackops in black for good old Arma 1 as a tribute to the ofp Blackop unit...

For all the black haters, there will be non-black-units, too:

camonew.jpg

Jeebus that is sick.

Do want!

Any ETA on release for this pack, it looks insane! :D

Yes black ops wearing black looks very good,please don't change it.Apart from a few police ones we don't have many units wearing black.

If someone doesn't like it they can choose from the other gazillion units with different camos.

Looks good Schnapsdrosel! Any chance of updating the Seals too?

Very Nice... How many different type of units are you planning in the Black Ops and etc... (rifleman/marksman etc)...

Jeebus that is sick.

Do want!

Any ETA on release for this pack, it looks insane! :D

I still have to do a lot of config work and finish some models so I'd say at least 1-2 months, as long as nothing unexpected happens...

Looks good Schnapsdrosel! Any chance of updating the Seals too?

Yes, there will be some new seals, if not in this upcoming version they will be in one of the following updates

Very Nice... How many different type of units are you planning in the Black Ops and etc... (rifleman/marksman etc)...

I'm still working on the config, but I guess there will be the usal ones as in my mercs and blackops addon.

And some OPFOR Units, too:

opformercs.jpg

Edited by Schnapsdrosel

OPFOR units lookin good Schnaps just as the rest of the units. keep up the good work und danke ;)

Those OPFORS are awesome!

Reminds me a COD4 Units! Please make more! With and without helmets, with berets and stuff :D

http://dog.fpsbanana.com/ss/skins/50354.jpg ;)

PS:

If you change uniforms for olive, scarfs for grey, rifles for M16A4/ FALs they would be best NTA addon so far ;)

Edited by maza94

Would be nice to have some gasmask ones and berets ones. Maybe make the beret ones elites lol.