Sign in to follow this  
JDog

HMS Queen Elizabeth

hello, and good job on mod, would recomend making it sinkable in the future though, anyway i sucessfully downloaded it on my arma 2 operation arrowhead. but when i put myself as player of the aircraft carrier it fails and puts me at an obscure imoveible place on the map do you know why? also when i try spawn vehicles on the ship by dragging them over it on editor, they end up on the sea bed is there a way to make them stay on the boat,

thank you,

The ship is made to be a static object not for you to control it. The aircraft fall thru because you need to put in the init of each aircraft set hight comand. Do a search and you will find it all on the forums. You might also want to read the FAQ.

First... and most importantly... are you the ACTUAL Archie Gates who played those songs about games years ago?

Second... read the readme.

HMS Queen Elizabeth does exsist no?

She sure does exist. The first of the bow sections are already in place. Loooooong way to go before completion of course.

The real thing(s) is still under construction, the only photos are artists impressions and are likely to change, especially considering the recent Defence Review.

Here's the latest artists rendering of the project:

45389961tzrdigfs.jpg

Extensive use of composite materials (like.. paint and wood)

Streamlined, hydrodynamic shape for max speed from the economical motor

High tech polymer launch ramp with special tapering for maximum lift coef

Shower and fold out beds

Here's the latest artists rendering of the project:

IMage snip

Extensive use of composite materials (like.. paint and wood)

Streamlined, hydrodynamic shape for max speed from the economical motor

High tech polymer launch ramp with special tapering for maximum lift coef

Shower and fold out beds

I'm sorry but you're just taking the p*ss now. This is clearly the all new HMS QE:

article13615230d697e420.jpg

Notice the stealth aircraft ready to leap into the skies?

Yes, shamelessly stolen from ARRSE.

On-topic: The HMS Queen Elizabeth class has been 're-designed' to remove the ski jump and place a cats and traps system on board, using our (Britain's) own electro-magnetic system called EMCATs, although I'm sure you know this. Take your time with it though, I've never seen a British aircraft carrier in a game (Tom Crappy's HAWX doesn't count) so this one would be kind of a benchmark :)

im your man and cheers

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

The ship is made to be a static object not for you to control it. The aircraft fall thru because you need to put in the init of each aircraft set hight comand. Do a search and you will find it all on the forums. You might also want to read the FAQ.

k thanks whats init

Dude if you don't know what an init field is you got along way to go and alot to read. As stated before use the SEARCH button and read.

Is this a work in progress or is it finished? Just curious. with this and the nimitz, I don't know if you have moved on or if you are going to working on them.

They are superior. Great job

Take your time with it though, I've never seen a British aircraft carrier in a game

we had the HMS Invincible in OFP as part of the Falklands Mod :).

On Topic this looks great, keep up the great work :)

Eddie, simple answer: I don't know lol. Honestly the changes to make that version could probably be done in a day if I worked at it. However I don't know what version is going to actually exist, plus the big thing is just right now I'm not finding much time to work on this or the Nimitz. 5 weeks left of class lol then maybe I'll start cranking it all up. Ask me again then lol.

Theory

A] Take the ski ramp off

B] Add the CATBAR stuff.

C] new pain scheme on the deck

D] plus some cosmetic work aswel

thats what the CVF was designed for in real life.

EDIT:

Strategic Defence and Security Review 2010

On 19 October 2010, the government announced the results of its Strategic Defence and Security Review. Only one carrier is certain to be commissioned; the fate of the other is undecided. The second ship of the class may be placed in "extended readiness" to provide a continuous single carrier strike capability when the other is in refit or to provide the option to regenerate more quickly a two carrier strike ability. Alternatively the second ship may be sold with "cooperation with a close ally to provide continuous carrier-strike capability".[20]

It was also announced that the operational carrier will have catapult and arrestor gear (CATOBAR) installed in order to accommodate the F-35C variant of the Joint Strike Fighter rather than the STOVL F-35B.[9][21] On 23 November 2010 the Chief of the Defence staff General Sir David Richards confirmed that HMS Queen Elizabeth would be fitted as a conventional carrier. "The short delay to the first carrier, to allow it to be fitted with 'cats and traps', means that when it comes into service in 2019 it will be equipped with the hugely capable carrier variant of Joint Strike Fighter."[22]

probably get some F/A 18s and E-2Ds aswel

Edited by Joey_45

Can this work without the mando etc

As I would like to use it without the gun/missile system

Theory

A] Take the ski ramp off

B] Add the CATBAR stuff.

C] new pain scheme on the deck

D] plus some cosmetic work aswel

thats what the CVF was designed for in real life.

A + B cancel, they gone back to the ramp..

hi i got this hms mod but i cant seem to get any planes or helicopters in it they always spawn underneath there is no indication in the readme as to how to do it or a script that places them on the ship. please help thanks

Search a little further

this setpos [getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1, 17]

17 might be 20 might be 12 might be 7 might be ............

Test