Sign in to follow this  
JDog

HMS Queen Elizabeth

just have to see if we can get the EF2000 to take off and land on her...

Why? The Typhoon doesn't operate from carriers, even if it did the QE class (original spec) isn't equipped for that kind of plane.

I haven't had a chance to download this yet but hopefully will do in the next hour. I heard a rumour that if I don't download it then it costs twice as much.

awesome work

will add it into evolution

we have this boat script I wrote for evolution, also a rescue script in case you fall in the water

//in mission/vehicles - enables you to respawn on the carrier
	class Item95
	{
		position[]={9782.6885,140.28499,10062.321};
		azimut=240;
		side="EMPTY";
		vehicle="HeliHEmpty";
		skill=0.60000002;
		text="HMSGITStransfer";
		id=143;
	};
//in mission/vehicles - creates an AA defence that also allows you to select embark on boat
	class Item59
	{
		position[]={4703,2,16735};
		side="EMPTY";
		vehicle="ZU23_CDF";
		skill=0.60000002;
		init="veh = [this, 60, 60] execVM ""vehicle.sqf"";this setPosASL [position this select 0, position this select 1, 16.73]";
		text="Boathouse";
		id=97;
	};
//in mission/markers - allows you to see location of carrier and also used by boarding script for rescuing swimmers/ boat crews
	class Item121
	{
		position[]={4659.7212,0.91405791,16757.82};
		name="HMS-GITS";
		text="HMS-GITS";
		type="n_mortar";
		colorName="ColorGreen";
		angle=180;
		init="this setPosASL [position this select 0, position this select 1, 16.73]";
	};

//in mission/sensors - allows you to respawn on carrier
	class item55
	{
		position[]={3919.7078,358.08487,978.9688};
		a=0;
		b=0;
		repeating=1;
		age="UNKNOWN";
		text="Transfer to HMS GITS";
		expCond="Player distance HMSGITStransfer < 10 && basebeam >0";
		expActiv="ID_Beamj = Player addAction [""~Transfer to HMS GITS"",""data\scripts\gocarrier.sqs""]";
		expDesactiv="Player removeAction ID_Beamj";
		class Effects
		{
		};
	};
//in mission/sensors - allows you to embark on a spawned boat
	class Item56
	{
		position[]={3919.7078,358.08487,6978.9688};
		a=0;
		b=0;
		repeating=1;
		age="UNKNOWN";
//			text="Boathouse";
		expCond="Player distance Boathouse < 5 ";
		expActiv="ID_Beamk = Player addAction [""~Launch Boat"",""data\scripts\embark.sqs""]";
		expDesactiv="Player removeAction ID_Beamk";
		class Effects
		{
		};
	};
//in mission/sesnsors - allows you to re-board the carrier from a boat or from the sea
	class Item57
	{
		position[]={3919.7078,358.08487,978.9688};
		a=0;
		b=0;
		repeating=1;
		age="UNKNOWN";
		text="Board";
		expCond="Player distance Boathouse < 50";
		expActiv="ID_Beaml = Player addAction [""~Board HMS GITS"",""data\scripts\gocarrier.sqs""]";
		expDesactiv="Player removeAction ID_Beaml";
		class Effects
		{
		};
	};

embark.sqs says
//Inflatable Boat from carrier

_zone = getmarkerpos "HMS-GITS";
_pos = [(_zone select 0), (_zone select 1)-50, 0];
_allvecs = ["RHIB","RHIB2Turret","SeaFox","Zodiac","Fishing_Boat"];
_max = (count _allvecs)-1;
_heli = createVehicle [_allvecs select (round random _max), _pos, [], 20, "NONE"];[_heli] call BIS_EVO_Lock;Sleep BIS_EVO_GlobalSleep;
_spawne = [_heli] spawn {[_this select 0] call BIS_EVO_idelSVEC};
Player MoveinDriver _heli;
exit

you could adapt much of this to work on your ships if you don't already use something like it.

we have added AA, mash, ammo crate and a reapir/rearm/refuel function to our carriers. would be great if it was built in though!

Nice one - not d/led yet but will get time tonight.

One Q - there is an internal hanger, but any other corridors or cabins ? I am interested in ship highjack missions and so on.

@JDOG

Congrats on this fine release it is brilliant, nice to have a working carrier in game.

I hope that at some point you would consider in putting in davits to launch rhibs etc. Even maybe one consider making HMS ALBION or some other RORO type vessel

Hopefuly when you are done with the Nimitz you will revist the Queen Elizabeth and update the islands etc

But it is trully awesome work

Many thanks

@Blazer, In the game you could probably get anything to take off of her really, but as Techno said the ship is realistically meant for the F35, which in my own testing works flawlessly off of it. The AV8B also works too (sometimes it hiccups at the top of the ski ramp like other planes, will have to fix that).

@eggbeast, Great ideas! Honestly I've been a jerk of a slacker with the Queen Elizabeth, just telling myself it's a much more simple precursor to the Nimitz which will most definitely have all those functions built into it. I will look into it/PM you about getting some of those things built into the QE though, perhaps as an optional variable missionmakers can set to automatically spawn them all.

@cjph, only a hangar on the Queen 'Liz. Gotta wait for the Nimitz for some corridors and such. Won't be many but hopefully enough.

And thanks for the kind words Warpuppy :)

had some bouncing action with helis and VTOL planes when i landed , and like gnat, taking off holding Q when you hit the ramp seems to kill speed (i only tried the bis F35)

other then that, looks good for an early release and looknig foward to more updates :)

hey JDog u made a nice aircraft carrier.. :)

i have some pictures for u as source to get closer to the original

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operations-and-support/surface-fleet/future-ships/queen-elizabeth-class/photo-gallery/*/changeNav/00h00100100a003006/imageIndex/31/

when i look at your screenshots and those on royalnavy.mod.uk

i see the radar domes are little bigger and closer to the wall.

the second bridge?, looks different

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operations-and-support/surface-fleet/future-ships/queen-elizabeth-class/photo-gallery/*/changeNav/00h00100100a003006/imageIndex/33/

Fantastic addon, look forward to trying this out.

To solve the issue with the ramp couldn't you remove it? Am i right in thinking the Lizzy is going to have catapults now anyway?

@BlackMamba, Thanks. As for the pictures you linked, yes I've seen those. Pretty much all of them on that site, in fact. If you look at some of the others, such at this one, you'll notice even the MoD doesn't know what it's doing in terms of design (the deck is different, at least in terms of being flush on the port side). Or at least, there's no clear info available to the public what the final design will be. I preferred the non-flush more-Nimitz-like design.

As for the Air Control island, yea I know it's different. I had discovered just how different it was after modeling it and didn't feel like redoing it yet, because this ship was more of a practice run before continuing work on improving the Nimitz, my main goal. Without the slightest bit of sarcasm though lol, if you want to model it I'll gladly put it on :)

@Bluester, I already solved the ramp issue and the issue with the slow-down at some point on the deck. At least, the F35 and AV8B don't hitch at the peak anymore. Haven't tested all the aircraft addons but should be the same. As for the Queen Liz having catapults... I'd be disappointed, I think it's got a pretty sexy design as it is :)

Going to see if I do anything else to it before releasing the fix.

Ha, if you've ever seen the concept art for Astute class, you'll know it varies widely and rarely matches the finished product.

Woah I never realised the Kuznetsov was second to the nimitz in size!? Yeah all I've noticed so far is that my av8 landing gear likes to collapse.... But its bloody good start so far man.

Wow, cool let me test this right now! I could not resist and make an article on our frontpage if you dont mind: @ -=XTRA=-

Ill give you feedback ASAP. :yay:

@BlackMamba, Thanks. As for the pictures you linked, yes I've seen those. Pretty much all of them on that site, in fact. If you look at some of the others, such at this one, you'll notice even the MoD doesn't know what it's doing in terms of design (the deck is different, at least in terms of being flush on the port side). Or at least, there's no clear info available to the public what the final design will be. I preferred the non-flush more-Nimitz-like design.

As for the Air Control island, yea I know it's different. I had discovered just how different it was after modeling it and didn't feel like redoing it yet, because this ship was more of a practice run before continuing work on improving the Nimitz, my main goal. Without the slightest bit of sarcasm though lol, if you want to model it I'll gladly put it on :)

No its yours thnx :)

last time i did some modelling was ages ago.

maybe when i moved to my future home ill start over again

i understand that its hard to model a ship that not even has being build yet (hard to get proper dimensions).

it looks pretty good so far, keep on going M8..

Gave it a quick try, looking promising but unusable for me as I kept falling through the lifts etc.

Looking forward to fixes.

Thanks larsiano, cool article.

Rexehuk, "lifts etc" or just "lifts"? I recently made a fix to the Nimitz which eliminates the small holes found on the elevators that I'll apply to the Queen 'Liz also for the first batch of fixes. I know that, depending on placement, there might be a place you can fall through on the elevators (as noted in the readme, with actions you can take) but if there are other places feel free to inform me.

Think I'll also add in a spot on the ship to rearm/repair/refuel aircraft, just so its built in, and like the defenses, give the mission-maker the option of not having that service.

Thanks for all the feedback/support, guys :) I'll try to have the fixes out this weekend if I don't get caught up in other stuff (now that I finally have a 360 again lol).

Yes, it is clean. The island textures need work for sure. The deck is meant to be clean. Considering the real thing doesn't even exist yet, it has to be newer than new. The Nimitz's deck however is plenty filthy.
Yes, it is clean. The island textures need work for sure. The deck is meant to be clean. Considering the real thing doesn't even exist yet, it has to be newer than new. The Nimitz's deck however is plenty filthy.

HMS Queen Elizabeth does exsist no?

I saw fotos from it or is it just the class?

don't get me wrong i like the concept but the collers just does not feel right for me, if i walk on a carrier i want to see like it is used thats how the addon will be used like it is in service, i mean well its just in a hectic war situation where plains land and take off all the time? sure the deck has to be clean for take off and landing otherwise a bolt could be sucked in the engines :j:

but i looked up some photo's on several carriers and even the ones comming out of the dock yard of the production did not shine like this.

i think overal it is to bright the grey on the sides needs to be darker, i dont see layers on the romp eather the deck hmmm i don't know for sure but i thought this was the carrier your aiming at this textures would do just fine.

http://htka.hu/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/QE-osztaly_render.jpg

all the rest looks nice ;-)

The real thing(s) is still under construction, the only photos are artists impressions and are likely to change, especially considering the recent Defence Review.

ok dog I'm working on embedding the scripts today

The real thing(s) is still under construction, the only photos are artists impressions and are likely to change, especially considering the recent Defence Review.

Yep - the way things are going all the fleet will be left with are biplanes, so maybe BIS could adapt the camel to carry torpedoes ? Tally ho ginger ! :)

/political flag off

Loving the look of this by the way.

cj

repair/rearm/refuel, rescue from water and boat house scripts done see PM

Awesome add-on. One question though, which I haven't seen asked:

Will you be making another version at some point in the future to reflect the new design of the Queen Elizabeth Class (CATOBAR for the F-35C)?

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?163878-Queen-Elizabeth-Class-Aircraft-Carriers-News-and-Discussion&p=5289355&viewfull=1#post5289355

See pic in link.

Eddie, simple answer: I don't know lol. Honestly the changes to make that version could probably be done in a day if I worked at it. However I don't know what version is going to actually exist, plus the big thing is just right now I'm not finding much time to work on this or the Nimitz. 5 weeks left of class lol then maybe I'll start cranking it all up. Ask me again then lol.

hello, and good job on mod, would recomend making it sinkable in the future though, anyway i sucessfully downloaded it on my arma 2 operation arrowhead. but when i put myself as player of the aircraft carrier it fails and puts me at an obscure imoveible place on the map do you know why? also when i try spawn vehicles on the ship by dragging them over it on editor, they end up on the sea bed is there a way to make them stay on the boat,

thank you,