Sign in to follow this  
JDog

HMS Queen Elizabeth

Royal Navy Future Aircraft Carrier

R08 - HMS Queen Elizabeth

arma22010-10-3015-32-15-56.jpg

Here is my first addon ready enough for release to the community. It is not in a "final" stage and will be improved as I continue to learn how to do things :) It is a (for the time being) static aircraft carrier, with more probably to be added to it in the future, following the release of my Nimitz. Please feel free to comment on any flaws you find or what it needs. Note this was made with/for ArmA 2. I think it works in OA/CO but there's some weird slight graphical issue.

Features

• Umm, it's a floating STOVL airfield
  • Animated elevators, jet blast deflector, radar
  • Large internal hangar bay
  • Automated Phalanx turrets and Sea Sparrows launchers (see note in Readme file)

Needed Addons for Defensive Turrets

- Mando Missiles ArmA for ArmA 2 by Mandoble

- Automated Turrets by Jackass888

WIP Thread for Queen Elizabeth and Nimitz

Download

- Filefront

- ArmedAssault.info

- Armaholic

arma22010-10-3015-58-46-19.jpg

arma22010-10-3015-36-19-47.jpg

arma22010-10-3015-33-36-12.jpg

Edited by JDog

Does it sink? :)

Not yet. It's actually indestructible entirely right now. Because it's so big I have some stuff to work around to make it sink "as a whole". Definitely something I want to do though, and something I want on the Nimitz. So I'll probably come back and do it to this carrier as well once I get it working.

Will there maybe at some point in the future be deployable boats.

Will there maybe at some point in the future be deployable boats.

Possibly. This ship was honestly more of a "getting-the-feel" project before continuing work on the Nimitz. The Nimitz will have small boat launching/retrieving. I may add it to the Queen 'Liz also but, I'm honestly more interested in just refining and making better what's already on there.

Later this week I'll start working on the Nimitz again which I hope to be a FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL BATTLE STATION.

I assume that this addon won't be patched to allow aircraft to fly off it till 2020? In the name of realism of course.

Great work!!

You outta edit your first post with links to the extra mirrors, just for easy downloading when people stumble into this awesomeness

Some errors in the .rpt if you start a mission with the ship:

Error in expression <;

};

};

};

hmsDeckCheck = "";

sleep 1;

};>

Error position: <};>

Error missing {

File JDG_R08\scr\client_hmsDeckChecks.sqf, line 35

jdg_r08\res\r08_0.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

jdg_r08\res\r08_3.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

I assume that this addon won't be patched to allow aircraft to fly off it till 2020? In the name of realism of course.

And in the meantime, it will have F/A 18s :D

Another bug: Vehicles can't use the elevator :(

So the internal hangar bay is useless atm. :eek:

Okay, first of all I do like the addon - especially because im a Brit :yay:

But it does seem to have a couple of issues:

1) The elevators sometimes merge with aircraft when heading back up, not had issues with taking aircraft down.

2) Somewhere just after the launch alignment sector their appears to be an issue with the level of the carrier, the front wheel gets to this point and suddenly you hit 0 on the airspeed and your aircraft is smoking (or in my case with the F14 w/ full afterburn it blew up on deck)

3) The ramp has the same issue, if you havent taken off before you hit the top thene xpect to explode or hastily eject as your fighter takes critical damage :D

Other than these issues the addons fine (so far as I have seen), going to test its air defences now so will get back to you on how well they work.

Keep up the good work and hope to get my hands on the Nimitz soon :ok:

Edit: Tested the air defences and they are working fine, just remember to drop in the Mandos scripts to get them firing:)

Edited by kai121
Tested Air Defences

Nice work mate! Love it.

- Seems Typhoon and F16 have most problems with the ramp, most other aircraft (BIS and non-BIS) seem to work ok. (but there is a speed-killing "lip" in the ramp there somewhere)

Havent seen your Roadway lods, but suggest if your ramp is made from more than 1 addon, you need to have each forward roadway planes actual go UNDER the plane aft of it, so the transition is seamless.

@TomatoArden, will do.

@Gnat, I'll send you a shot of the roadway LOD there.

@a few others on page #2... maybe next time i'll just trick everyone into downloading only the readme file, then release the addon a few days later lol. maybe more will read it. all issues noted can be found there, and probably ways to get around it.

@TomatoArden, will do.

@Gnat, I'll send you a shot of the roadway LOD there.

@a few others on page #2... maybe next time i'll just trick everyone into downloading only the readme file, then release the addon a few days later lol. maybe more will read it. all issues noted can be found there, and probably ways to get around it.

Uh...impatience is a virtue :D

Yes, it is clean. The island textures need work for sure. The deck is meant to be clean. Considering the real thing doesn't even exist yet, it has to be newer than new. The Nimitz's deck however is plenty filthy.

just have to see if we can get the EF2000 to take off and land on her and nice work man