Sign in to follow this  
mugaben

Map: Favslev, Denmark

The fact that favslev will be "historically correct" to i44, or p85 as you said it woody is also a big plus for me. This will increase the use of the map greatly, because the fact that Denmark is wood, flat and forest doesnt leave many scenarios for missions (well, in my un-creative mind).

I tried making it 10240x10240 instead of 5120x5120.. Damn.. My respect for map-makers in general just went straight up. The time and effort i put in to my little favslev.. gahh... I have to triple that when making it bigger! And it needs to be in the future.. 5120x5120 is just to small. :(

@Bushlurker

Any tips on export/inport? I tried copy paste, but moving 200k+ of objects around and finding the original position is just.. NAH.. :D

Hi Dampet!

Copy/paste shouldn't be necessary - if you're just expanding the heightfield to the east and south...

Rather than clutter your thread with techie discussion I'll PM you on this, but I don't think there should be any real problems - other than filling that 3x extra ground area ;)

5120x5120 isn't that small - one of my all-time favourite maps - Thirsk - is that size... Sure, you can't really play Domination on it, but thats not what its for... its a small squad island... try it with one of VanhA's small co-ops sometime... you forget the size - you're focused on the encounter...

Anyway - yeah - 10240x10240 is a good compromise - IcebreakR standard size... big enough for Domination etc, small enough to preserve your sanity while working on it...

Stupidly, I went for 20480x20480, and consequently left sanity behind several months ago :o

... expect an enormoPM soon...

B

With alot of fiddeling, and the help from you guys and especially Bushlurker, Favslev got alot bigger. Now 10240x10240. :)

Me and my squad Dead Echo operated in favslev last week. The general feeling, feedback and results where positive and the AI reacted so good on everything! So the composition of the fences and forests is finally as I want them to be. Now, I just need to make another 3/4 of the map, and alot of detail work hehe!

Im making the map straight out of my fantasy, one meter at a time. Each and every field is handpicked, photoshopped and placed carefully, this is actually the most time consuming part of it all. (Besides waiting for bulldozer to fire up, photoshop to save and so on.. DAMN!) I had no clue what I was in for!

Here's some pictures I took while we where playing. Cant wait to get it done!

The map (Yes, it does look a bit like an angry turtle/parrot thing) :p

The map closer up

The map closer up 2

Favslev Airport - Having trouble getting the runway to show as the box it should show as.

Squadleader looking around

Laying in the grass

Squadleader looking around some more

Truck and m113 in distance

GD240 Medic in Favslev - One of the vehicles from our member RavenDK's "DDAM addon", here in favslev where it belongs.

In a forest

Finally a peacefull evening

I just need that airport runway to show up, and the distant mountains which I need to figure out how to remove.

Edit: Notice all the names are danish as requested :rolleyes:

Edited by MugAben

Oh DampetDK Wonderful Pics...i love the flat terrain and the stubble grass.Great Map for WW2 Szenario...i love bush series its realy realistic. Good work man :)

Edited by stephsen

Nice screen shots man, something different then all those desert islands. You also have a good quality satellite mask, I like that :smile:

Keep up the good work.

A suggestion if I may, the map looks kind of empty maybe add some more vegetation like bushes and also things like traffic signs etc...

:ok:

A suggestion if I may, the map looks kind of empty maybe add some more vegetation like bushes and also things like traffic signs etc...

:ok:

empty is good well we already have enough of overloaded maps i think ;)

stephsen is right.

I think there is a sh@tload of overloaded maps that contain 300000000000 or more trees and bushes and other things. :D

Favslev will be great because it is flat and "kind of empty". ArmA 2 is nearly 3 years old, but still there is no map for tank combat that is realistic and large enough is.

That is why i am glad to see this map. :)

DBO_Afghanistan would be the best for tank combat, but that map is unfinished and 100% empty.

Very green very lush, love how there aren't roads intersecting everywhere.

Well. Progress is going slow right now, Im having a hard time sitting down and start working on it, but it will be done thats for sure. I would say right now its about 60% done. Right now, im mostly fineadjusting whats allready been made, as we use this map on my team very often. It provides me with much more information and idea's when actually playing it and seeing whats gonna work, and whats not. This is one of the reasons why it takes so long. Im just a perfectionist.

Military base (Kaserne)

Airport.

On patrol Nevermind the hats, it was christmas :D

Church entry

Saest - We had a major fireworks accident a few years back in a place called 'Seest'. This is not a copy, just an inspiration and an idea for a ruin city with a factory in the middle.

Saest map

Random place on map to give a peek of what the general map is going to be like

Airport night

Favslev town. Largest town on the map.

Random place in Denmark near where I live, just so you can se what im dealing with :p (google maps)

This is where I get all my sat textures and ideas. Google earth, but same same.

Edited by MugAben

Very nice, catching the essence really good.

STGN

question when making a danish world, you also need to import a height map? :p

/ Love from Sweden, it looks very nice, I am looking forward to it.

question when making a danish world, you also need to import a height map? :p

Haha you could probably model all of Jutland in ArmA2 since the cell size could be 10x10km :D

Glad you all like the screens, means alot. :)

Just add Amager and Kastrup and it will be the best island of them all :)

Hah, no way :D Reserve-swedes! (sorry granQ) :D

yeah, Sweden invading Denmark perhaps ;)

naah, just joking.. it will only be a exercise :P

Well do you think troops will use the Oresundbron to get over to Denmark?

The first part of Denmark and the colorless earth after passing the bridge reminds me of Utes. Very boring but it gets better after a while :)

... Its funny how sweden think they are better than us. I dont see their forces in Afghanistan? While we coorporate Closely with the Americans and Britains.