Sign in to follow this  
mugaben

Map: Favslev, Denmark

Just wanted to let you guys know about my first upcoming map, Favslev - Denmark.

It is fictional but made to be and feel like Denmark where I live.

uqXBA_xh1f0

Mainly fields, farms and woods, small shallow lakes, dirt roads and trails. A few main roads though.

Mostly flat but still with heigh differences, some places more than others.

About 50% done I think. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1576479/Project%20Midgard/1.jpg 592 kb!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1576479/Project%20Midgard/2.jpg 725 kb!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1576479/Project%20Midgard/fields.jpg 441 kb!

Edited by MugAben
Images way over 100 kb

How large map is this ? Its looking really good ! I hope its big...

It's same size as utes but without all the water around it. When this is done I plan to make it bigger and use this map in the bottom left corner. (Then add 3 blocks of the same size around it). Thats for the future though, cant imagine how much time it will take. :butbut:

When this is done I plan to make it bigger and use this map in the bottom left corner.

Good plan Dampet! - it's a good way of expanding an existing territory...

Theres a technical reason however, for the "starter" island being the TOP left block though - all the objects have coordinates for their location, and the 0,0 point is top left - if you use your existing island in the top left position, all the objects can just stay at their current coordinates - all you've done is add further land so the coordinates can go higher in an east and south direction...

If you make the beginning island bottom left though - all the objects on it will be in their regular positions in the new blank top left quarter...

You'd need to export everything - including roads and everything else, then edit those export files and add a requisite amount on to every objects north/south coordinate - to "shift" everything downwards by an exact amount... then all the objects would be back in their proper places on the terrain again...

Technically I guess its possible to do that - but if you can plan things so you don't have to, you'd save yourself a lot of fuss later....

B

I normally don't go for foresty like maps, but this is looking really good. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

@Bushlurker

Thanks, then thats the way :) No point in making it harder for my self.

@All

Good to hear guys, looking forward to get it done. ^^

@Celery

Thanks ;)

Heres a map of how it looks right now. All names will be in english for the final version though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1576479/Project%20Midgard/kort.jpg

Edited by MugAben

Heres a map of how it looks right now. All names will be in english for the final version though.

I think you should keep them in danish, it's just names but they'll mean something special for the danes ;)

It looks fantastic....... but lose the mountins.

I agree! Being a dane I really look forward to this map, but seeing the video the mountains struck me as something very unfamiliar in the danish landscape, so if the horizon could be altered...

Very nice, look forward to see the church!

Looks nice, alot like denmark, fun to see someone who likes Wardruna aswell.

Really like the look of it, reminds me of schmafelden in the editor view and the screenies. Great work matey.

No need to change the names to English, authentic names give a unique feel to the map :)

Yes, please leave them having the names they really have in the original language! :)

100% agree with the guys above, Dampet! Names are great as they are... Since we're so limited in our range of models and vegetation you've got to use every trick you can to try and make your terrain unique, and if its a real area, try and capture some of the atmosphere of a real place... Anything that helps give the player the impression of being in a believable place is good - place names, little signs 'n stuff are all pretty easy and help a lot...

B