Sign in to follow this  
walker

Skyline Sci Fi Film

Hi all

A new film by the special effects director team the Brothers Strause also did Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem film and the effects for an awful lot of other films as well as working on an awful lot of games.

http://www.iamrogue.com/skyline

From the trailer it is a sort of cross between Independence Day, Cloverfield and War of the Worlds.

It is out in a couple of weeks time looks promising and might make an interesting game.

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

Wow, that does look pretty awesome. :eek:

Thanks for the tip.

I wont be interested in this film, becuase they haven't bothered to use a new style font.

why the robot looks like Cloverfield monster but instead of biological mass it's robotic mass ?

why some of the scenes looks like Independence days cuts ?

{also where is this promised Cloverfield sequel with actual war going on ...}

oh and there is this monsters alien movie called Monsters coming with alien soundcover being mix of Alien and Predator samples and car scene used in Jurassic Park etc.

oh well ...

guess good scifi movie with actual war going on, breathtaking battle scenes and humanity seriously loosing is nowhere near to happen ...

ofcourse i'm going to watch Skyline just as sci-fi fan but don't expecting too much :(

Edited by Dwarden

{also where is this promised Cloverfield sequel with actual war going on ...}

There's this movie coming out called Battle: Los Angeles. Not much is known about it right now, but it's going to show an alien invasion from the Point of View of some Marines. Apparently the creators were heavily inspired after watching footage of the battle of Fallujah, as well as an actual event that happened in Los Angeles during World War II.

This is the only footage of the movie right now:

F78x34-h0tc

Skyline looks like it will be an ausome movie, looking forward to it!

I wish there was a sequal to that one movie District 9:

Looks like a good popcorn movie. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of anything new. Sci-Fi disaster flick - pretty standard fare. Lets hope the ending isn't a cheese fest.

Then again, I could be wrong and there is an interesting reason why Earth is being attacked, something that will give the viewer something to think abo...hah...who am I kidding. Get the pop-corn, the diet coke and relax.

i just hope it doesnt follow the independence day route where everyone on the planet sits on their hands and waits for america to be the only one to find a solution

Looks like footage from World in Conflict :D

Offtopic: IMO Wic had some of the best cutsences ever, and it should be made into the movie the game and its story was rocksolid and fun.

Ontopic looks cool might rent it come DVD time however it does look like a ripoff of 20 other movies also the new T.V. trailers with him taking one of the aliens on with a axe make me lol.

I enjoyed Cloverfield and I believe I will enjoy this film! :)

Good thing about movies depicting catastrophies is that the story can be catastophic too and nobody notices it.

If Roland Emmerich wouldve been co producer it wouldve come out exactly the same lol.

No, thx. :D

)rStrangelove;1780774']Good thing about movies depicting catastrophies is that the story can be catastophic too and nobody notices it.

If Roland Emmerich wouldve been co producer it wouldve come out exactly the same lol.

No' date=' thx. :D[/quote']

"Disaster" movies are always best when the disaster is complete :) when everything is bad it sort of flips the entertainment value around "The Producers" style :D

This will be ok I think, better than Pearl Harbour anyway :)

not exactly sure where the comparrison lies with that one.

"star wars was okay, but the social network was much better."

not exactly sure where the comparrison lies with that one.

"star wars was okay, but the social network was much better."

Well, I remember sitting in the cinema, watching the Pearl Harbor-trailer, drooling all over it.

A few weeks later I was sitting in the cinema, expecting a war movie, and then it was a fucking love-story...

The trailer was meh ... didn't really impress me . Also the acting doesn't seem to good . Haven't seen a good space battle movie in a long time though . And when I say space battle I mean hundreds of ships dropping out of hyperspace/warp/etc and just spraying FX /SFX everywhere .

Think Homeworld 2 with no unit limit

in that trailer...if that was my ferrari....id be pissed!

Looks like an interesting watch though.

Well, I remember sitting in the cinema, watching the Pearl Harbor-trailer, drooling all over it.

A few weeks later I was sitting in the cinema, expecting a war movie, and then it was a fucking love-story...

aah yes i see what you mean now

It looks to be one of those all flash and no substance movies. I personally won't waste 30 bucks to see it at the movies. I may dish out 5 bucks at blockbuster to rent it though.

Just wanted to say: Worst movie ever!

I hated myself for wasting 7 euros on that evening!

I heard from some friends of mine that this was honestly one of the worst they've seen...