Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

Could be queit fun with a Domination mission aswell.

Just to get warm up before some "real" missions :)

Have to say, that the MOD is just plain awesome as it was in OFP and Arma1.

It is easy to see the time spent on makeing this mod.

Thanks INV44 team.

Thanks for your hard work and perseverance in bringing this to ArmA2 guys, very, very much appreciated.

I've had a look through the thread to see if anybody is getting the error that I'm getting when I try to place German armour in the editor - but haven't seen anything. The error is "Bad vehicle type rw_gcrew#"

Also hate to nitpick, but the British Sherman IV has got the extra ammunition box on the rear of the turret that only the Firefly should have - also it has the allied white star markings that has been taken off the Firefly, intentional?

Also the King Tiger seems to be completely missing in the editor?!!?!!!

I hate pointing negative things out when the overwhelming majority of things are right!!!

Were the long grasses deliberately removed from the map?

Thanks again guys!!!

:yay::bounce3::yay:

Also the King Tiger seems to be completely missing in the editor?!!?!!!

I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwVI_B_WH

-Pz.Kpfw. VI Ausf. B <----This is the King Tiger!

With regards to ACE there was a statement by JdB a while back about compatibility which basically said no, however I think things may change if ACE decide to compatible with other mods. Ha! I joke.

mortyfero99, is your frame rate similar both times? Recoil behavior seems to be tied to frame rate, so that's something to check.

Yes it's !!

I think there's a difference between single and multi mission.

Perhaps in multi mission there is a parameter missing that should be launched by the server ...

i have to check !!

The error is "Bad vehicle type rw_gcrew#"

Hi Archseptic,

maybe you have mixed up something? rw_gcrew sounds like it is a part from 31st Normandy as far as i remember. Could it be that you have loaded both mods at once?

when in seat of commander in tiger you can see the crosshair with black triangle

This already has been said.

we should build a list of bugs for these guys so that their work isn't spent reading the 1,000 pages here to find everyones report.

Or better yet setup a DevHeaven account so we can do a report there, that would be simple, and everything would be organised and in one place.

When I enter the editor, select a map, create a man with a thompson and shoot, his weapon recoil follows OA recoil rules and is ok.

When I start a mission (i.e. Multiplayer D-Day+1) the recoil is so huge that firing my thompson is useless because after 1 shots it turn to the sky ..

-OA Recoil Rules? Are you by any chance running the mod with Combined Ops/OA ? Current version of I44 does not yet support CO it will be implemented in a future patch.

Small bug report - In third person view the cross hairs are off to the left slightly making that view not so practical when firing.

I'm pretty sure 3rd person crosshairs in the ARMA series of games has always been off, use the iron sights in first person!

Do you plan to make an optional ACE compat for I44 weapons ? weapons resting and weight functions could be cool, especially for Mgs !

There are features from ACE we like and may implement in some way in the future for those reasons you mentioned but when and how we'll get around to them isn't yet clear.

Could be queit fun with a Domination mission aswell.

Just to get warm up before some "real" missions

I personally never really thought a straight Domination conversion really would work for I44, the lack of transport choppers kinda limits travel range, unless someone gets reallly good at landing the C47 on Chernarus' hilly terrain ;)

"real missions" I hope this doesn't mean my spending a year on developing D-Day wasn't wasted ;)

when I try to place German armour in the editor - but haven't seen anything. The error is "Bad vehicle type rw_gcrew#"

Pretty sure that's not a class name from our mod, Beton may be right, did you try and load I44 AND 31st Normandy mods together?

NEW BUG cant turn tower in 3d person

Tower? Gonna have to expand on that bug some more...

when in seat of commander in tiger you can see the crosshair with black triangle

This is the top of the Gunners adjustable sights you can see, we think it should be possible to make it so that only the gunner can see it but it may take some time to sort.

As SFG posted, Dev Heaven has been up since release day, please submit all your bugs there as yes trawling 20 pages + of comments for bugs is a little awkward and time consuming ;)

Yep, I think Beton might be right - it's not that i'm trying to load 31st Normandy mod with I44 - it's just that I think I'm ready for a re-install of ArmA.

I'm using a mod-launcher but everything still goes haywire somehow.

Thanks for your patience and assistance.

:cool:

Strange with the diffrent bugs people have.

I had only had one, and it was some optic thing with the German howitser.

I load the game via a launcher and only load INV44, SThud and Zcommen ai improver.

Works all fine :)

And yes, I did all so notice that the British 75mm Sherman have US markings on, where the Firefly have UK triangel on.

could you please fix bug with I44_Man_G_WH_Medic?

He has wrong aim sight with weapon. Therefore i cant use medic in my mission for german side :(

Thanks for your hard work and perseverance in bringing this to ArmA2 guys, very, very much appreciated.

Were the long grasses deliberately removed from the map?

The map kinda went throiugh some permutaions, and that lovely grass mikebart made seems to have gone awol :(

trouble is, if your playing MP grass is a pain in the ass,

1. you cant see f*** all if your prone, and in MP you need to be prone alot of the time,

2. alot of it adds to the desync and "lagggg" especially if Macolik want to put a cap in your ass :)

However I do have some good news..

I shall put the nice tall yellow grass back as it is a "field" object and keep the short arma2 clutter

also i might have nailed the reason why it takes so long to load, because it should be loading alot faster than chernarus imho.

the only thing is...i can only find a clean 10k map so it would mean having to make a whole new load of omaha, namely Vierville, which i dont really want to do tbh

we will see

T

Also hate to nitpick, but the British Sherman IV has got the extra ammunition box on the rear of the turret that only the Firefly should have - also it has the allied white star markings that has been taken off the Firefly, intentional?

Arch hate to nitpick your nitpicking :D. The extra box on British Shermans was first added at unit level to British Sherman II's (M4A1 in american terms), when they arrived in time for the battle of El Alamein. They where designated "Blanket boxes" and became a standard field workshop modification and later the pattern was standardised and became the issuing depots responsibility. The "C" series Fireflys had this box and then had another strapped and riveted to the first box as this now held the Turret radio. No fit was standard and very much went along unit preferences. I did months of research for a model I did of a 1st Northants Yeomanry Sherman I made. What I learned about Shermans is that you will never know everything about them. :cool: Interestingly the Firefly has a "53" and a yellow Triangle which is the 3rd Regiment of an Armoured brigade so should really have either a Blue Triangle or keep the Yellow and change the 53 to a 52. (Triangle would indicate "A" squadron) That said units especially the Guards Armoured didnt stick to the standard marking protocols so I could be talking a load of rubbish......!

Have to agree with you though...this is a fantastic mod ! Thanks I44 team your work is bloody marvellous

For some reason i always got respawn at camp when using more spawm point (own mission ) i think its a bug from I44 but im not sure also in other games i sometimes see respawn at camp

This is absolutely fantastic mod, thanks so much for making and sharing this!

little question:

Can you switch to hand grenades? It doesn't show when pressing F but I do see it in my inventory. Is it disabled?

For some reason i always got respawn at camp when using more spawm point (own mission ) i think its a bug from I44 but im not sure also in other games i sometimes see respawn at camp

Respawning is mission dependant so I44 won't affect new missions you're making unless you base them off existing I44 missions AFAIK.

an you switch to hand grenades? It doesn't show when pressing F but I do see it in my inventory. Is it disabled?

Sounds like you might be using CO, in which Grenades and Satchel charges don't work due to a change in the way they work in CO/OA.

could you please fix bug with I44_Man_G_WH_Medic? He has wrong aim sight with weapon. Therefore i cant use medic in my mission for german side

I'm not too sure what you mean here, the medic shouldn't have a weapon by default and crosshairs should be dependant on the weapon.

Arch hate to nitpick your nitpicking :D. The extra box on British Shermans was first added at unit level to British Sherman II's (M4A1 in american terms), when they arrived in time for the battle of El Alamein. They where designated "Blanket boxes" and became a standard field workshop modification and later the pattern was standardised and became the issuing depots responsibility. The "C" series Fireflys had this box and then had another strapped and riveted to the first box as this now held the Turret radio. No fit was standard and very much went along unit preferences. I did months of research for a model I did of a 1st Northants Yeomanry Sherman I made. What I learned about Shermans is that you will never know everything about them. :cool: Interestingly the Firefly has a "53" and a yellow Triangle which is the 3rd Regiment of an Armoured brigade so should really have either a Blue Triangle or keep the Yellow and change the 53 to a 52. (Triangle would indicate "A" squadron) That said units especially the Guards Armoured didnt stick to the standard marking protocols so I could be talking a load of rubbish......!

Have to agree with you though...this is a fantastic mod ! Thanks I44 team your work is bloody marvellous

I bow to your superior knowledge sir!

Northants Yeomanry - have you read Ken Tout's "Tank! 40 Hours of Battle"? Written in a bit of an unusual style but puts you right in the picture. Also, Stuart Hills' "By tank into Normandy" is another great piece of history from a Sherman tanker.

new hotfix solves the black sqaure on the gunsights - great job.

The no nades in CO works to my advantage - keeps me alive longer!!! :)

Chapman

Edited by Chapman_2424

What pbo can I remove to bring the map back when your alone, I play custom missions coop with friends we work

together but not in a squad and we use objectives and map coordinates to find locations as well as the compass.

Only time the map shows is if your in a plane or in command of squad,

we dont use AI, or have a squad format.

What pbo can I remove to bring the map back when your alone, I play custom missions coop with friends we work

together but not in a squad and we use objectives and map coordinates to find locations as well as the compass.

Only time the map shows is if your in a plane or in command of squad,

we dont use AI, or have a squad format.

None.

just add this to the init line of your units:

this addWeapon "ItemMap";

All very awesome and great and wont say more praises here to repeat it.

And just like in ARMA release, it seems the mortar ( A.I. player ) never fired in the game. Any body got the same issue or only for me?