Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

Yeah, and on top of that :P The ones you mentioned Darkhorse never ever saw combat, that I can think of that is I mean, there were only 2 T28 made, the T29 was only in trials and the T30 was too late in the war to do -anything-. :P Don't see the point of them even being mentioned... XD

T-28 though :O Need to look that one up myself :p Just to learn something new ^^

Heh, the small details in weapon names always waiting to cause confusion! But yeah unfortunately the T28 Super Heavy Tank was again a prototype, and not present in the main period we focus on for the mod. While experimental and secret weapons could be fun at some point, they take as much resources to produce as more standard vehicles etc of the time, so its more likely you'll see those types of addons before we ever get round to these rarer examples.

Personally I know I'd rather see some more British armour used in the invasion first, but then I am biased :D

Personally I know I'd rather see some more British armour used in the invasion first, but then I am biased :D

THIS! :D I'm not British, but there's too few vintage British tanks in Arma 2. Maybe one day...

BTW, sorry if this has been asked before, but are there any French resistance and/or generic civilian units in the planning for I44?

THIS! :D I'm not British, but there's too few vintage British tanks in Arma 2. Maybe one day...

BTW, sorry if this has been asked before, but are there any French resistance and/or generic civilian units in the planning for I44?

French resistance is already included.

I concur, but then, I'm British, too. :)

Well some pages earlier they said "the mod focuses on, in this case Normady, primarily Omaha." This in it self would leave all tanks (exept DD`s) out of the game. And the existing map in itself should (historically) exclude tanks from the mod...

I would like to thank the team for a very good job also! The only things you should work on are vehicle camouflage, they are not quite what was deployed after D-Day. Unless you are planning a late war map? They fit nicely on Hurtgen actually.

ARMA2 version: Complete - check first post.

CO Version : In Progress - no date.

Here's a taste of SFG's latest bit of score for the mods soundtrack:

yd2cHLgCMMo

Very nice. Good work SFG. :)

Nice, any latest info. of how closing of the Mod progress to a public beta?

We've finally given into peer pressure from the youtube comments and abandoned the CO port, instead we'll be reworking the existing content to our new project "Legends of Normandy", here's a small sneak preview...

pR9A8Ip01y4

So that would mean you are just keeping it an A2 mod yeah?

Also, WTF? that video was well creepy lol

Buahahahaha XD Nice April 1st joke. Sadly it's still the 31st for meh :P Neat none the less XD Now I want to make a mission with this + Zombies rofl thanks PacUK :P

abandoned the CO port... Yeah right it is still March 31st overhere LOL!!! Good April Fools joke though....

That scared the s#!7 out of me!

Never knew ArmA could build such type of scenario.

LOL awesome vid and nice director work

wasnt expecting that :eek:

darkness + this video = possible heartattack

Nice vid.

That was ... strangly creepy.

p.s. It's April 1st in the UK right now. :)

I just heard all Mod development also halted for a copyright problem.

I just heard all Mod development also halted for a copyright problem.

Yes, that is why we are doing Legends of Normandy instead.

Hey guys, for some reason I am having issues with the sound. I followed all the instructions, and am running vanilla Arma (both beta and most recent release) and but the sound coming out of my speakers is just torture (I honestly can't think of terms to describe it).

I would have thought the DAC fix solved this, but I'm still having issues. Any thoughts?

No idea. :/ Could you record it somehow, fraps? Try playing around with your audio settings in arma2.

Hey guys, for some reason I am having issues with the sound. I followed all the instructions, and am running vanilla Arma (both beta and most recent release) and but the sound coming out of my speakers is just torture (I honestly can't think of terms to describe it).

I would have thought the DAC fix solved this, but I'm still having issues. Any thoughts?

First off the current version (1.09) should be fine to run the current release, the beta was only needed when 1.07 was the current version of ArmA2 as for some reason it caused the mod to crash. The official release of 1.08 fixed that issue and negates the need for the now old beta 72588.

Next the DAC sound fix was not to solve any errors with the mod or DAC, it was just a key signed version of the file so servers could run with authentication keys turned on, and so players could join them.

Are you sure your version of ArmA2 works correctly on its own? If it does, do you have an onboard motherboard soundcard or one thats seperate? If its seperate you could try downloading the latest drivers. As we haven't had any other people report issues with the sounds I'd guess its a localised problem rather than one with the mod itself so might be worth checking the troubleshooting forums here.

Roger that, it was some sort of weird fluke. Maybe something to do with one of my background programs, maybe the arma launcher I use, don't know. But it works now when launched normally through Steam.