Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

While I'd love to be able to have more content like this, it won't happen anytime soon, the I44 team is relatively small (under 10 active members right now) all of whom have several projects on the go, as well as real lives and jobs to contend with. We have put out several recruiting posts since the last public release but there's been very little response to them, but a lot of requests for new things by the community. While we do take these on board, there's also things we've already planned and made a start on that take priority.

Completely understandable; sorry if my applause for the R35 idea sounded like a request - it shouldn't and was not meant as such.

PS: Under 10 is quite impressive; we are an barely-under-5-or-even-4 team :D

Completely understandable; sorry if my applause for the R35 idea sounded like a request - it shouldn't and was not meant as such.

PS: Under 10 is quite impressive; we are an barely-under-5-or-even-4 team

Heh no worries, its always good to hear what you guys would like to see in the future! The under 10 is a very generous number though, and greatly depends on who's doing what and how much time they can squeeze into the mod. Most of the time recently we've been much closer to the 4-5 actively working members at most... until I see someone poke their head in at which point I do my best to chain them down to their editor of choice and do something under pain of me bugging them constantly if they don't :D

until I see someone poke their head in at which point I do my best to chain them down to their editor of choice and do something under pain of me bugging them constantly if they don't :D

I'm hoping to be in the 4 to 5 active members list, else damn you! :butbut:

I'm hoping to be in the 4 to 5 active members list, else damn you! :butbut:

Most definitely are mate! No one else fixed those Shermans, or built that schmexy HVSS! Unfortunately that damn thing called real life keeps stealing alot of our members, I blame those petty things like people needing to pay the bills or eat... so unfair! :D

PS: Under 10 is quite impressive; we are an barely-under-5-or-even-4 team :D

well, i'm used to be part of "strictly under 2 people" team :bounce3:

Couple of screenshots for you all, showing the new 30.cal machine gun resting pose, the new rifle holding animation, and the german bayonet!

mgfire.th.jpggerbayonet.th.jpgrifleanim.th.jpg

Wow, under 10 active members. You guys are still producing some quality stuff.

Wow, under 10 5 active members.

Been that way for quite a number of years. Work glare.gif School glare.gif Girlfriends glare.gif Sports glare.gif Excessive drinking while modding :yay:

Been that way for quite a number of years. Work glare.gif School glare.gif Girlfriends glare.gif Sports glare.gif Excessive drinking while modding :yay:

Well your mod is awesome.

I'd heard excessive drinking + modding = pure gold? Look at Duala and Lingor lol

Thanks for the response all, glad you're liking it... one thing though...

But make the ankle gaiter thinner.

Sounds like an animal you'd meet in shallow swampland that you want me to starve, but from a google image search I'm guessing y'mean the cuff type bit at the bottom of the german guys pants? They've been the same for a few releases now and the first time I've heard anything about 'em, so if we're getting down to that, we're definitely rocking along with the mod :D

excessive drinking + modding = pure gold

Can I haz beer money?

Thanks for the response all, glad you're liking it... one thing though...

Sounds like an animal you'd meet in shallow swampland that you want me to starve, but from a google image search I'm guessing y'mean the cuff type bit at the bottom of the german guys pants? They've been the same for a few releases now and the first time I've heard anything about 'em, so if we're getting down to that, we're definitely rocking along with the mod :D

Can I haz beer money?

Sure, when I get some lol

A small peak at one of the upcoming missions to be included with the 2.5 release of Invasion 1944:

fg2xagMKLig

A small peak at one of the upcoming missions to be included with the 2.5 release of Invasion 1944:

Man that looks fun. Custom map?

If you need help with anatomical proportions, just send me the problematic mlod and I'll fix it for you. I've studied anatomy and kinesiology before. Arma models tend to be stretched as well, so I can't blame you for those errors since you're just sticking with their skeleton.

Grub This Černorussiâ a city looks like a Èlektrozavodsk!

Grub This Černorussiâ a city looks like a Èlektrozavodsk!

Yeh I thought so too, a man can dream though lol.

Just thought I'd check to see if they had added rail to previous map or started a new one.

I don't really care where its set :D

It is indeed Chernarus, but Macolik's added some interesting bits and pieces to his new mission that should breath some life into the old map yet ;) Don't forget to subscribe to our youtube channel and keep an eye out for more videos soon!

Woohoo :D Damn good video..

New mission looks fun.. and eerie too :cool:

My fave part is when that german gun nest gets flanked from behind (@ 1:05).. pure gold lol

will keep an eye on that channel too for more teasers :) thx again gents

Nice mission! The great thing about playing games set in the WWII era is that you can actually have real night missions. No night vision devices or thermal sights that takes all the fun out of sneaking around at night with limited visibility.

hey nice Video. what is the Status of this Mod ? The Weapons and Vehicles now all textured, for Example the K98 sniper ?

greetings

those sea containers look ....... odd

Not that there's anything we can do about them as they are part of the map, but how are they odd? I suppose they may not have been used in that era, but its definitely not something I was thinking about when they were hiding me from patrolling german guards!

what is the Status of this Mod ? The Weapons and Vehicles now all textured, for Example the K98 sniper ?

The status is pretty much what we've posted in these forums and on our public forums. There's a constant cycle of work going on so we'll never be finished as such, they'll always be more units and weapons that'll we add as we go along. These will be staggered into future releases as they become ready. We don't set release dates so we don't want to dissapoint anyone when its not done on time, the mod will be released when its ready and stable enough to be released to be used with thie minimum number of issues. The K98 sniper variants have been done for a long time though, so not sure why you've pointed that one as an example.

Glad you're all enjoying the sneak previews!

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Here's a few snippets of combat footage from D+1 in CO:

HHKrvQxmFYQ

Edited by PacUK

Loving the look of the bayonets guys, since this feature is so hotly requested for a variety of addons, will there be any chance of a 'bayonet developers kit' being put together so like minded stabbers can add pokey things to their addons with less difficulty?