Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

One post restriction has already been handed out to one lucky forum member. Please don't make me issue another.

Oh, and the update looks kickass, PacUK. ;)

You should be seeing some shots of the new Panzer IV creeping out soon, most of the other new models currently in production are for later versions so we probably won't put out too much on those until 2.5 is available just to avoid confusion and the question of "where is X unit" upon release. Though Guy did post a couple of his Universal Carrier (not intended for the 2.5 release) on our public forums.

Really Nice, thank you very much !

Here's a few snapshots of the updated Omaha by Jojimbo, new hedgerows, roads and ground clutter plus enhanced terrain detail have made it a very different place than the one you're probably used to from our previous release, also threw in some 82nd Airborne:

pr1x.th.jpg

pr2s.th.jpg

pr3r.th.jpg

Epic shots..

loving the 2nd with the sherman full of troops on top

11 troops on one tank..I can't say i've seen that in ARMA yet..must be custom feature? :cool:

Looking forward to next release gents :D

11 troops on one tank..I can't say i've seen that in ARMA yet..must be custom feature?

Its actually 13 you just can't see a couple sat on the front ;) We're hoping to have time to implement troop transport on exteriors on a couple of the tanks, Macolik's produced the animations already, we just need to find some time to implement them across more of the tanks :D

Oooh, I forgot about that! Haha, that will make good shots for story driven campaigns and stuff! Oh ideas are hopping into my head already! Haha

Thanks for the mini-review, one thing though, you missed out the actual team member credits and just listed the third party credits ;)

Thx, for the tip I've added the credits now :) good luck with the project! any ETA on the next update?

Its actually 13 you just can't see a couple sat on the front ;) We're hoping to have time to implement troop transport on exteriors on a couple of the tanks, Macolik's produced the animations already, we just need to find some time to implement them across more of the tanks :D

lol wow i see a couple in the front now :D

gotta love that idea.. tank support and troop transport in 1 :cool:

adds a whole new layer to offensive actions

Here's a little work in progress project, Just the tracks to finish now... :j:

churchill6.jpg

oh you sonofa*****... i JUST started modeling the churchill! :P

Oh well haha, looks great mate.

You'll just have to do an Aussie Matilda or something then Rhodesy!

That Churchill look's great Guy123

*runs off to find a Matilda cross section!* :P

Anyway cant wait to get some MP missions going with the OA release.

very nice to see, so we are getting more British units in the next release then? :)

We're planning to extend the British selection of units after 2.5's release, one or two might make it into 2.5 but don't count on it just yet, there's still a lot of work to get units from the model stage into a fully working bug free playable version. More likely they'll be released as a kind of DLC patch later on.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Been hard at work the past two days adding cargo spots to all our main tanks, here's the Germans (note no Panzer IV as I'm waiting on Vex's updated model):

kingtiger.th.jpgpantherl.th.jpg

stug.th.jpgstuh.th.jpg

tigerua.th.jpg

Any chance of them being able to fire from those positions ala that new youtube video recently where AI/Players are seen firing from inside/ on vehicles ?

For now, no they are just standard cargo positions as with any other vehicle, but I'm pretty sure our team member Macolik was involved in developing the animations for the sit and shoot feature, so its been in our mind to try and incorporate it at some point, so hopefully sometime after 2.5's release that MAY be implemented, but no promises!

Sweet! Not only does your vehicles look good, but they feel nice aswell! Love the big german slow moving tanks, you can just feel their massive weight with the slow moving turrets and all.. Alot of really fine stuff in there. Good job!

*Caughs* Now we just need a russian side aswell.

Specially the tanks. T-34, KV, IS, SU-85 etc. Just imagine the desperate ammo-bearer with a ammo clip and no rifle, and his buddy with a rifle charging down the hill. :whistle:

PzkpfwIV-b in a barn.

Edited by MugAben