Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

(Hope I'm not stepping on any toes here pac, if so I'll delete my post )

Here Masonkiller, These can be accessed these on the I44 main vehicle config :

I44_Plane_G_Bf109F2

weapons:

I44_2xMG17_mounted" "I44_MG151_15_aircraft

magazines:

I44_2x500rd_792x57_Mix_MG17_aircraft

I44_200rd_Shell_15x96_MG151_15

I44_Plane_G_Bf109F2_SC50

weapons:

I44_2xMG17_mounted, I44_MG151_15_aircraft I44_BombLauncher

magazines:

I44_2x1000rd_792x57_Mix_MG17_aircraft I44_200rd_Shell_15x96_MG151_15

I44_Bomb_SC50, I44_Bomb_SC50

I44_Bomb_SC50

I44_Bomb_SC50

I44_Plane_G_Bf109G6

weapons:

I44_2xMG131_aircraft,

I44_MG151_20_aircraft

magazines:

I44_2x300rd_13x64_Mix_MG131_aircraft I44_200rd_Shell_20x82_MG151_20

I44_Plane_G_Bf109G6_SC250

weapons:

I44_2xMG131_aircraft

I44_MG151_20_aircraft

I44_BombLauncher

magazines:

I44_2x300rd_13x64_Mix_MG131_aircraft

I44_200rd_Shell_20x82_MG151_20

I44_Bomb_SC250

I44_Plane_A_P51D

weapons:

I44_6xANM2_mounted

magazines:

I44_6x400rd_127x99_Mix_M2_aircraft

I44_Plane_A_P51D_HVAR

weapons:

I44_6xANM2_mounted

I44_RocketLauncher_127mm_HVAR

magazines:

I44_6x400rd_127x99_Mix_M2_aircraft

I44_10xRocket_127mm_HVAR

I44_Plane_A_P51D_250lb

weapons:

I44_6xANM2_mounted

I44_BombLauncher

magazines:

I44_6x400rd_127x99_Mix_M2_aircraft I44_Bomb_AN_M57, I44_Bomb_AN_M57

Hope it helps mate :D

Edited by Bigpickle

This mod really does shows something, ArmA II is much better in WW2 than Modern day. :D

It makes me wonder, Would ArmA have been more, or less popular if it was World war 2 over modern combat. Either way, Great job I44 team, looking forward to CO release. I just need to buy myself CO first. :)

Additionally, German players wouldn't be able to play with anyone from outside Germany.

German players developing a censored version (..officially..) wouldn't work either..

That just ain´t true :wave:

You´d only need to edit textures normals and spec (the latter only if you drew swastikas on´em). Anything else can stay unchanged, and be signed with the same keys you are using to sign the "nazified" version. I don´t understand where you see all the version mishmash ... CSJ has pulled it off already w/o a single problem or obligation.

Updates? No problem either, just shove in the german-frinedly texture compilation that you saved in full folder structure to somewhere else and re-BinPBO, it´s a mere 10 minute plus.

Considering there´s sure as hell enough volunteers up for the job, the only problem in this issue is ... well, you guys.

It´s just sad ..

One can define the textures as hiddenSelections and add an optional addon to easily disable em.

Just a matter of effort and willingness.

You´d only need to edit textures normals and spec...

This would involve a large number of our units... nearly all of the OPFOR units have some reference that in some countries will be problematic.

I don´t understand where you see all the version mishmash

Having to manage 1.6GB of unbinarised date for a single version is practically a full time job as it is, add another half GB of data to account for all the doubled up german units that would be needed to achieve a fully altered mod is practically another mod's worth of work.

Updates? No problem either, just shove in the german-frinedly texture compilation that you saved in full folder structure to somewhere else and re-BinPBO, it´s a mere 10 minute plus.

Binarising a single file can take at least 10 minutes alone... not to mention double the disk space for both MLOD and binarised versions, which both need to have every unit tested to ensure no issues have emerged along the way.

Considering there´s sure as hell enough volunteers up for the job,

Yet all these volunteers have never applied to join the team and help produce any of this work... the only thing we have had is demands for us to produce even more work.

the only problem in this issue is ... well, you guys.

It´s just sad ..

When we've addressed the problem several times publicly and its a constant conversation the team members have always had privately, we would love to have a compliant version anyone could play anywhere. The fact is we have less than 10 members currently active in the mod, even less with the actual free time to do the work needed let alone extra work.

This issue has been discussed to death since the first releases of I44, yet to this day no ones offered any aid in the 'denazification' of any of our units, I've not personally seen anyones own third party modifications. Only people saying how easy it is to do, if its so easy and quick, why haven't you applied to join and help do this?

As said before, the matter is closed, we're not against having a censored version of the mod, its just not practically possible at this stage of development. If today we stopped ALL work and focused entirely on the production of an altered version, the mod would be lucky to be out this year. If we were lucky and all suddenly had time which we don't currently have.

The constant attitude thrown at us for not having an infinite amount of time, effort, resources, and manpower to produce what equates to a whole 2nd mod is just ridiculous I personally have been working every spare waking hour I have on the mod to help take the load where other members have been forced to go inactive and work on pretty much every aspect of the mod in some way, I can tell you with 100% authority, none of the work that you are saying is so easy to produce is anything but easy or quick.

So until someone builds me a robot army of mindless arma experts capable of learning photoshop and other such tools, please stop asking for the impossible, and then treating us like the nazi's for not producing the world for you all in our spare time.

Thanks to those that appreciate the hard work, keep your eyes peeled for more actual news on the mod soon.

Edited by PacUK

I'll quote myself again because people seem to have missed it:

As PacUK says, guys, drop it. It's up to him and his fellow team members to decide to make any "censored" version of the mod.

Drop the subject lest ye receive an infraction, please.

From an earlier post I read '82nd' in there. Is it safe to assume both the 101st AND 82nd Airborne will appear in the CO release of the mod? Would be neat for the Airborne Raid before D-Day to properly depict the mixed units that ended up forming due to the missed DZs early that morning. ^^ And to have a possible Market Garden style operation with the British Airborne troops plus the 101st and 82nd haha

Yes we have Yac's Airborne troops for the 82nd and 101st Airborne, I'll try and include the 82nd in some screenies etc so you can see 'em! at some point!

Sweet ^^ And oh, Relating to the airborne. Will there be the camo faces alongside them? The ones in stock game might be fine but they did their patterns in more streaks then the full face paint. If there isn't ^^ No worries. I can find a pattern in the stock versions that'll fit :D Just nosy haha, the Screaming Eagles(101st) and All Americans(82nd) are the best from that conflict in operation style and such. ^^ Haha kinda why I wanna know how they progress I guess.

Yes there are blackened camo faces we intend to use for the Airborne, it hasn't yet been implemented I'm hoping to find some time for it soon so they "should" be all camo'd up for the release. But with a growing to do list and a dwindling team size, its really dependant on the time available, against a growing desire to release the mod.

Hey, what ever you can do will be fine ^^ If the camo'd faces are released with the first CO release, will the names of the faces be included in a readme? So mission makers can use them and such for fixed squads for campaign stories or something? ^^ -Does have such plots- Just wondering. And I hope you get more help! Sadly I can't do a thing with configs or modeling or I'd love to help X_X Trying to learn... but no progress XD But back on topic.

Hope things don't get to hectic guys ^^

should we have chance to see any little preview of coming island with 2.5 release?

Edited by Zipper5

I think the island is a updated version of Omaha with either added buildings or some such, at least Island wise. Theres another island though, if I remember from past posts they're working on but haven't name yet and stated it won't be in the initial release. Then again I can't remember a damn thing at the moment XD

Mind you, this is all coming from the top of my head at the moment haha so don't take it as set in stone ^^;

Correct. Omaha has been updated and will be the only map with the 2.5 release. Our latest videos should show part of the map in action.

Here's a few snapshots of the updated Omaha by Jojimbo, new hedgerows, roads and ground clutter plus enhanced terrain detail have made it a very different place than the one you're probably used to from our previous release, also threw in some 82nd Airborne:

pr1x.th.jpg

pr2s.th.jpg

pr3r.th.jpg

Thread cleaned up. This discussion as to the censorship of the mod is to end now. The pressuring of the I44 team, such as by banning them from community websites, to which I say I'm extremely disappointed in the attitudes of those involved, is to end now. Anyone who brings it up again, as this is now my third time saying it is to stop, will receive post restrictions.

Now, stay on topic please.

Edited by Zipper5

Can't wait to play this new incarnation of the mod...Outstanding work!

I've just gotta say, watching all the vids and looking at all the screens, this has got to be one of my most anticipated mods ever.

And that's a big call.:D

Your just taking it to the next level and your extremely dedicated work is very much appreciated by the community guys, thanks heaps for doing this.

Edited by Zipper5

It is looking really great !!!

Keep up the good work, I think I am going to enjoy this one very much.

Don't you have any turn around of the 3d models to show us for the only pleasure of our eyes ?? ;D

Good luck with your project.

The new airborne and the updated map are looking reaaaally good! Can't wait :)

Brilliant work on those Airborne units. Congratulations (i don't know how many times i've said this about Jojimbo's work since i registered :)).

Is the tanking gonna see some changes in the OA version?

It depends what you mean by ch-ch-changes? (sorry been listening to far too much

) Vex has been working on a new Panzer IV with interior that we hope to be including in the 2.5 version. Tanks will still work like tanks should, personally I don't play many tank sims so don't really understand the finer points. Once recommendation I would give players though is to re-bind turret movement to your cursor keys but that's really just personal choice.
The new airborne and the updated map are looking reaaaally good! Can't wait
Brilliant work on those Airborne units.

Glad you like them, don't forget to thank Yac for creating them and submitting them to us for use with I44, while Jojimbo helped implement them into the mod. Great work there guys!

Don't you have any turn around of the 3d models to show us for the only pleasure of our eyes ?

You should be seeing some shots of the new Panzer IV creeping out soon, most of the other new models currently in production are for later versions so we probably won't put out too much on those until 2.5 is available just to avoid confusion and the question of "where is X unit" upon release. Though Guy did post a couple of his Universal Carrier (not intended for the 2.5 release) on our public forums.

Thanks again to all those that have shown their support for the mod, and those that voted for us in the community awards, even if we didn't get nominated, at least it gives us something to work towards over the next year heh.

Edited by Zipper5