Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

Probably answered, sorry if it has been, but will there be regular British infantry units and Armour/Air as well as the Commandos, or is it mainly US stuff?

Yes at some point we hope to bring in regular British infantry and more equipment but its not our main focus for the initial release of the CO version. Hopefully we'll have a couple of Air units from the Few in there as well but we're still in the process of implementing them. Infantry might take a while longer but we'll get there at some point in the future.

Hollywood < Realism

Very often this is peoples main point of reference (I know its mine) so things like sound can be very hard to please everyone, its just very disheartening when all the response given by someone is negative. Thanks for your responses though, we'll be making sure everything sounds as good as we can for the release!

Hey im eager to try this mod, but i was wondering how the sec op modules worked with this?? do the assault mission spawn german troops? also what type of vehicle does the transport support bring in? a truck or plane, im hoping not a helicopter..

Why not?

Because we'd have to build it first :P

but i was wondering how the sec op modules worked with this??

No idea as I haven't had time to ever use it I would guess you need to direct it towards the correct classnames to use the mod units but not sure how you'd go about that, check the forums and bi wiki for more info on that!

Really impressive and detailed work on this mod. All thumbs up!

WoW I need to check this out, first time I see one public server with this mod running.

Downloading now !

Was looking for a ww2 mod with active players on public servers since a long time ....

Thx a lot for this, really great and I hope more players will play this online on public servers...i hope this works with combined operations of course.

Edited by oxmox

Thx a lot for this, really great and I hope more players will play this online on public servers...i hope this works with combined operations of course.

You've obviously missed a fair of this thread! The released version is not fully compatible with CO, we're currently working on the CO version for release in the near future. If the active MP server you saw was the Kelly's Heroes I44 OA server, that's just us testing the mod sorry, you will not be able to connect to that one with the release version of the mod. I'm sure there are a couple of other I44 servers out there but I'm far too busy working on the mod to find them myself :( Hopefully the CO version should give the MP community another jolt and get things going again.

Not wanting to read through 86 pages is understandable. But not even reading the first post (which is where the neccessary information always is) is just lazy. And the CO info is at the very top of the first post. ;)

You've obviously missed a fair of this thread! The released version is not fully compatible with CO, we're currently working on the CO version for release in the near future. If the active MP server you saw was the Kelly's Heroes I44 OA server, that's just us testing the mod sorry, you will not be able to connect to that one with the release version of the mod. I'm sure there are a couple of other I44 servers out there but I'm far too busy working on the mod to find them myself Hopefully the CO version should give the MP community another jolt and get things going again.

Thank you again for this mod, the active MP I saw was actually a european server with a handfull players and warfare (1.05 ?, well not 1.1). The warfare AI isnt that great but Iam sure player pvp in MP or Coop is fantastic. Iam looking forward to play the coop missions for sure if alone or MP if I find servers when I have time to play. Thx again for the great work, I would just wish that more "public" servers would use more of the available mods and not just only the vanilla game..but well...happy so far. I will read more about your mod, the game, about questions I have in this forum. No worry, but its a bit much for me atm and time consuming, but a great page of ressources.

Not wanting to read through 86 pages is understandable. But not even reading the first post (which is where the neccessary information always is) is just lazy. And the CO info is at the very top of the first post. ;)

I have both games installed in the same game folder, thats my version type of CO I was talking about and the mod works alright, except some problems I have with warfare but thats a different story. Maybe you should have asked me first if it actually did work for me.

Edited by oxmox

Would be any beta release for OA of the Mod or just for a final release?

my version type of CO I was talking about and the mod works alright, except some problems

The main issue we had with CO were grenades and satchel charges not working I think most other things were playable though so you shouldn't encounter too many problems. But with CO you still have the possibility of running vanilla ArmA2 you will find the released version of I44 will be a little more stable on it, we didn't account for things like CO/OA's recoil system so you have to suffer both ours and the inbuilt one with the old version of the mod. All these issues have been addressed for the upcoming CO release though.

Would be any beta release for OA of the Mod or just for a final release?

All beta releases will be internal, this should cut the number of patches we'll have to put out which are both confusing for players, and a chore for us (uploading isn't fun, I lost about 3 waking days sorting out the uploads amidst packing and binarising for our last release). So we're in no rush to release it early, the longer we work on it the more we can fix add and refine features, while we do want to get it out to everyone soon, we won't sacrifice quality for a speedy release.

Expect a much more stable release than last time. I stayed awake far too long for it to be sensible and didn't give enough time for testing pre-release which resulted in a number of issues cropping up I hadn't forseen, there shouldn't be any of those types of issues next time round!

Excellent news buddy if I can help with testing Id love too. Hope thats not cheeky me offering that.

I'm afraid we don't need any help with testing right now, though we are still looking for scripters and coders, other positions will be considered if you have the right experience. See our public forum recruiting topic for more info.

sorry I'm pretty crap at anything to do with this game, the only thing I can do really is make a sound replacement mod, and you have your sound sorted from what I can tell.

Hello, I am just wondering how to eject soldiers from the higgins boats like how they were ejected in the single player mssion, they all come charging out. I cant think of how they did it :(

Also Does anyone know what the modules actually do?

some are obvious but whats this about blue 202 etc? :confused:

Is this available via Yoma-Addonsync?

There isn't an official one for the current A2 release but we are planning on one for the CO version.

how to eject soldiers from the higgins boats like how they were ejected in the single player mssion

Macolik wrote a few scripts that set it up its quite hard to explain your best bet is to unpack the mission and look over the files and mission in the editor. Its very buggy in MP though we're hoping to improve on that for the CO version.

Does anyone know what the modules actually do?

I did make a list of the various modules here but the one you're talking about 'blue 202' is a colour filter, we included a couple for players to use in their missions to increase the atmosphere, such as desaturated for d-day, or blue for a winter effect.

Thank you for your reply to my question, it has put me at ease for now :D Thanks again, and i love this mod!

is it known that mines, granates, charges, bagalores an so on can not be used?

In Combined Operations? Yes its been reported many many many times and as it states on the very first page the mod isn't compatible with CO. The features work fine as intended with v1.08 of ArmA2. You'll have to wait for the CO release of I44 for those weapons to work with CO due to a change in the way CO handled those items ingame.

is it known that mines, granates, charges, bagalores an so on can not be used?

Thats because current release is for A2. With A2:Combined operations( A2+OA) there is some bugs like that one :(. Just wait for the CO release like everybody else :D.

Edit: woops PacUK was faster ^^

Edited by columdrum

Sexy work guys, esp on the armour. Is there somewhere I can read the latest dev news without trawling through pages of 'the bangalores dont work' and editing questions?

hey again,

I had seen that the BF-109F2 have some swastikas on theire control surface...in germany there are some problems with publishing such stuff...is there a not so complicate way to retexture these signs?

and are there other things with swastikas in your mod?

i think this is a historic/realism mod,so no problem with german censorship.

you can use it to build some WWII sceneries and use it also for school work...so nothing different from a History Channel documentary about waffen SS