Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

the actual censorship in germany is not so different from the one back in 1939,how them can deny people to know how history was?btw i've spent lot of time in il2 and iirc german planes had such insignas on their tails but all germans can play with il2 without fear to go in jail

btw i've spent lot of time in il2 and iirc german planes had such insignas on their tails but all germans can play with il2 without fear to go in jail

This and the symbols on RC planes still doesn't mean they are allowed. But as long as nobody knows, nothing will happen, of course.

There were even plans by the german government to make it a EU law some years ago (I think it was 2007), but german government didn't succeed.

But enough off topic know :)

Xeno

We as a mod team prefer the historical accuracy which is why we're focused on it for the initial release, rather than patching the entire release to deal with the issue. People in Germany do have the possibility of having up to 3 years in prison for running an I44 server with the historically accurate pictures. We don't think its fair but it is unfair for us to force all people under that law to break it. Therefore we will do our best to provide a 'legal' option for those players. As for happy holidays versus merry christmas, I'm not religious in any way shape or form but I'll generally say Happy Christmas still. The one difference is I can't get put in jail for saying Happy Christmas instead of Holidays, whereas playing a game with these images can still land you in hot water. Therfore we'll do our best to give those affected an alternative option.

Now back to the turkey sammiches!

it is posible to use this units in "my missions" for single player? Whit the combat ambient? Sorry for my bad english

I run Arma 1.08.7445 and I44 v2 mod with the 3 I44 hotfixes, and I cannot play multiplayer. SP works just fine. When I go into multiplay for 2 players, we connect to the server fine, vote our levels, and the Server console says everything is OK. We have stripped down to one mod, @I44. Here is the output from a 2-player mission, (Players XXX and YYY) playing mission I44_COOP_D+1:

13:50:36 Dedicated host created.

13:50:37 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.112)

13:50:37 Host identity created.

13:51:51 XXX uses modified data file - CA;@I44

13:51:52 Player XXX connecting.

13:51:52 Player XXX connected (id=9915904).

13:52:10 YYY uses modified data file - CA;@I44

13:52:10 Player YYY connecting.

13:52:10 Player YYY connected (id=5299335).

13:52:52 Mission I44_COOP_D+1_1-32_v1-1 read from bank.

The 1 minute vote time runds down to zero, and it just hangs, and does not continue with our usernames displayed on the screen.

I run Arma 1.08.7445 and I44 v2 mod with the 3 I44 hotfixes, and I cannot play multiplayer. SP works just fine. When I go into multiplay for 2 players, we connect to the server fine, vote our levels, and the Server console says everything is OK. We have stripped down to one mod, @I44. Here is the output from a 2-player mission, (Players XXX and YYY) playing mission I44_COOP_D+1:

13:50:36 Dedicated host created.

13:50:37 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.112)

13:50:37 Host identity created.

13:51:51 XXX uses modified data file - CA;@I44

13:51:52 Player XXX connecting.

13:51:52 Player XXX connected (id=9915904).

13:52:10 YYY uses modified data file - CA;@I44

13:52:10 Player YYY connecting.

13:52:10 Player YYY connected (id=5299335).

13:52:52 Mission I44_COOP_D+1_1-32_v1-1 read from bank.

The 1 minute vote time runds down to zero, and it just hangs, and does not continue with our usernames displayed on the screen.

Are you both using ArmA 2 vanilla? Are you sure someone isn't running CO?

In my model-plane club everyone has the correct markings on their Messerschmitts and such, and its not a problem.

That's true.

You can use the command '#login' typed in the chat window or '#login *password*' if you have a password set in your servre config to avoid the timer and take control of the server as an admin. It can take some time for the islands and missions to load on the server and then on the players machines.

Have you tried running a vanilla ArmA2 server, and if so does it work etc? Its also worth checking the RPT files for problems with the server itself. There may be issues with your server shortcut which loads the mod etc.

Are you both using ArmA 2 vanilla? Are you sure someone isn't running CO?

There are 2 of us and we both have CO (one DVD, one Sprocket), with Arma2 and OA installed in a single directory

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2

however, we connect to the server

Arma2server.exe

with

Arma2.exe -mods=@I44

It works fine with SP. We have waited a long time (over 10 minutes) with no luck.

You can use the command '#login' typed in the chat window or '#login *password*' if you have a password set in your servre config to avoid the timer and take control of the server as an admin. It can take some time for the islands and missions to load on the server and then on the players machines.

Have you tried running a vanilla ArmA2 server, and if so does it work etc? Its also worth checking the RPT files for problems with the server itself. There may be issues with your server shortcut which loads the mod etc.

As far as I know, it is vanilla running inside the CO directory structure (see above), and I44 runs perfectly fine in SP. I haven't tried running anything requiring vanilla Arma2 server before (I have run Arma2 Campaign multiplayer through Host, and it worked fine).

I'd still guess you're loading your server up incorrectly then, for example not loading the mod... the server exe needs a command line similar to the normal exe to activate the mod

e.g:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe" -mod=@i44 -config=i44server.cfg

I'd still guess you're loading your server up incorrectly then, for example not loading the mod... the server exe needs a command line similar to the normal exe to activate the mod

e.g:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe" -mod=@i44 -config=i44server.cfg

OK thanks it works now ... so colour me stupid. I didn't realize there was a -mod parameter needed for the server. There is no "i44server.cfg" file in the mod (but I included the -config parameter anyway). I assume if it did exist its entries would override the defaults?

There is no "i44server.cfg" file in the mod (but I included the -config parameter anyway). I assume if it did exist its entries would override the defaults?

i44server.cfg is just what I renamed my copy of the server.cfg take a read on the BIS wiki:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Dedicated_Server

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

Hey guys. Your mod is phenomenal...

I hope you don't mind my posting up of a short video that was shot on my community's server a while back...

H5IWthTbMjY

I really love this mod but im not getting enough FPS especially when I play the missions that come with the mod.

I hope that the next update will be more optimized because this is one of the best mods ever.

During mission Tigertown im on average of 25 FPS almost unplayble.

it might be a silly question (answer will be most likely just 'no') but...

Are there any plans to include the models of Brithish Paratroopers in red berets in one of new releases of the Invasion44 mod in near future?? :confused:

I think I saw them somewhere ... probably on YouTube .... few weeks ago...

I'm asking because I just like the view of red berets (or grey for Polish paratroopers from Arnhem :) ) on Paratroopers models in game (ARMA2, OFP for example)

it gives me some kind of strange sense of being glorious and courageous when you are attacking a German MG42 nest in a beret on your head :) and looks great in movies or screens :)

Great vid Cody, always nice to see people enjoying the mod!

im on average of 25 FPS almost unplayble

25? That's really not that bad for A2, try tweaking you gfx settings a bit more and check your gfx drivers are up to date for possible improvements though. The new CO version of Omaha might help a bit too.

Are there any plans to include the models of Brithish Paratroopers in red berets

Yeah the British Para's we have in the public release only had a small amount converted over to A2, one of the things that didn't make it was the red beret model, hopefully you'll see a few variations appear in the future releases (though perhaps not the initial 2.5 release).

Thank you for your great mod, very impressive! It even has working range adjustable sights for the tank gunners!

The one thing I don't like is the immediate reload and zoom out of the bolt action rifles. It keeps you from seeing where your shots land. Is there any way to make the reloading manually activated, so that you can at least see if you even hit your target or not?

As far as I know there's no way to implement a manual reload/bolt action between rounds that's player controlled. I think Macolik has fixed dropping out of sniper scopes though so you can spot rounds landing, while losing the use of your scope when shooting is actually pretty realistic and makes the use of a spotter a more feasible, its not ideal for SP etc.

Hi,

I just cant find a way to lunch I44.

I have ArmA2 patched 1.08; i installed the 2.0 (this create a I44 folders with /addons inside), i manually copy paste on this /addons the 2.1,2.2, and DAC update.

I lunch ArmA2 with -mod=@I44, i go to mission pannel, i can see the mission and they pictures, but when i lunch "blablabla cant find omaha beach...".

I go to editor, lunch UTES, and not a single I44 unit is available.

Where is my problem ?

Thx

I have ArmA2 patched 1.08; i installed the 2.0 (this create a I44 folders with /addons inside), i manually copy paste on this /addons the 2.1,2.2, and DAC update.

I lunch ArmA2 with -mod=@I44, i go to mission pannel, i can see the mission and they pictures, but when i lunch "blablabla cant find omaha beach...".

Where is my problem ?

For starters its 'launch' ;)

Where you go wrong is nearly impossible for me to say as I can't see your directory structure or shortcut setups from here. If no units or maps are available my guess is you are not loading the mod correctly, therefore it can't find them once ingame.

The missions are all extracted to the Missions and MPMissions folders which are in the main A2 directory so you will be able to see them regardless of the mods condition.

Its important that your shortcut refers to the correct install directory of the mod, by default that is @I44, so for example my shortcut reads:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@I44 -nosplash

The nosplash command is not required and just speeds up loading by skipping some loading screens.

At a guess I would presume either you're shortcut is wrong, or your initial mod download/install is corrupt and missing files. Without actually being sat in your seat to see your setup though its pretty impossible to give any other advice at this point.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe new years eve, catch you all in 2011!

Edited by PacUK

Hi,

Where is my problem ?

Thx

Make sure its not spawning a folder in a folder ie i44/i44/addons. should be i44/addons

Hey PAC & Team, thanks for all the updates, really lokking forward to 2.5

Is it confirmed that Ver 2.5 will be for CO?

Is it confirmed that Ver 2.5 will be for CO?

Yes 2.5 will be for Combined Operations ONLY (won't work as intended with vanilla ArmA2 or Operation Arrowhead standalone, if at all).