Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

To have different coloured markers I had to hand edit the mission.sqm to change the colour. I'm not sure why its limited in the editor on the pull down menu. I'll see if there's anything that can be done to enable it. But for now you can just change the colour for each marker. If you unpack D-Day you can check the sqm for the relevant line of code, or do a quick search on the editor forums.

I believe this is a great mod the only negative is that it demands alot from the computer. My FPS are quite low when having Ais on the map.

Nikifors, CO version will have better performance, from what Jojimbo or someone like that said.

I'm really looking forward to the CO release, going to attempt to make an EVO mission using this mod :)

Please assign the barrel of the M8 Greyhound correctly as a part of the turret. At the moment its immobile while the turret rotates.

Be sure to report issues on our public dev-heaven, its unlikely we'll spot bugs amongst the forums, and then remember to fix them!

Is a new release expected before Christmas? Or before Newyear?

We don't generally set release dates until we're very close to release and then only internally as a cut off point to get everyones work in. We'll be taking our time to ensure the release is as stable as possible while not delaying for issues that can be addressed later. As always it'll be done when its ready. So anything we say other than that will just lead to dissapointment.

Keep an eye out on our public forums for more information, pics and release news.

I've been trying to use the Ambient Combat+SOM modules to spawn only i44 units but still get default Arma 2 units instead.Can someone tell me how to do this?

I've been trying to use the Ambient Combat+SOM modules to spawn only i44 units but still get default Arma 2 units instead.Can someone tell me how to do this?

Check the wiki but it should just be a matter of telling it which factions and classes to use, a full class list was provided in the original installer files.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ambient_Combat_Manager

I've got the faction names and individual unit classnames but I seem to be missing group classnames. The wiki gave this example"[bIS_ACM1, ["TK_INS_Group", "TK_INS_Patrol", "TK_INS_AATeam", "TK_INS_ATTeam", "TK_INS_Technicals", "TK_INS_MotorizedGroup"]] call BIS_ACM_addGroupClassesFunc; Would I just replace "TK_INS_Group"etc with "I44_G_WL_Group"? This is my first time working with the editor so I dont know much at all.

Off-hand I'm afraid I dunno what the group names are, I know we have some basic ones for the US and German infantry but not a full set of groups for all unit types. Someone else had asked for group names as well so if possible I'll be sure to include them in the class list of the CO release.

You might want to check out DAC instead for generating random troops, there's already configs etc for the I44 units if you unpack the missions included with the mod. Its also pretty easy to get the hang of after reading the docs and going through the tutorials.

Off-hand I'm afraid I dunno what the group names are, I know we have some basic ones for the US and German infantry but not a full set of groups for all unit types. Someone else had asked for group names as well so if possible I'll be sure to include them in the class list of the CO release.

You might want to check out DAC instead for generating random troops, there's already configs etc for the I44 units if you unpack the missions included with the mod. Its also pretty easy to get the hang of after reading the docs and going through the tutorials.

Thanks for your response and I'll check into DAC.

The Omaha update for the current version should be released early in the new year if not sooner. I just need to edit some existing content for the missions to match the updated terrain but the CO work has taken priority so its a matter of finding time to deal with the release.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

Merry Christmas from the Invasion 1944 team! Rebus managed to smuggle out the following image for you all...

merryxmas.jpg

So unfortunately it looks like Santa won't be able to drop the CO version of the mod into your laps in time to play on Christmas Day, sorry about that! But we'd like to thank everyone for their continued interest in the mod! We're all very proud of the release we managed this year its been a lot of work, more than any of us expected but the reception has been wonderful so thanks to everyone in the community, and a very special thanks to everyone involved with Invasion 1944 from its inception!

The conversion to Combined Operations is going very well and our main focus is shifting over to bug fixing and refining the new features that have been implemented. Along the way we've been lucky to pick up a few new team members, among them FriZY and Faust who have been working on some great new missions for the mod.

TVT Frontline'43

xmasnews01.th.jpgxmasnews02.th.jpg

COOP Airborne Heroes

xmasnews03.th.jpgxmasnews04.th.jpg

Now we're off to enjoy some cold turkey in our fox-holes, best wishes this holiday season! Look out for more from Invasion 1944 in the new year!

Sorry if this has already been covered earlier in the thread, but I am having an issue with the Omaha map. I can't get it to load. Every time I try to load it, the load bar finishes, but before it begins receiving, the game freezes. I don't know if it is because I am running combined ops, or if it is a conflict with another mod, or my computer is crap, although it runs every other map. It could be my PC just isn't powerful enough though, because I usually have to run everything on the lowest setting. does anyone have any insight into what is going on?

Sorry if this has already been covered earlier in the thread, but I am having an issue with the Omaha map. I can't get it to load. Every time I try to load it, the load bar finishes, but before it begins receiving, the game freezes. I don't know if it is because I am running combined ops, or if it is a conflict with another mod, or my computer is crap, although it runs every other map. It could be my PC just isn't powerful enough though, because I usually have to run everything on the lowest setting. does anyone have any insight into what is going on?

Hey man,

It's just working the turkey so to speak.

My advice is go and make a coffee, it'll fire up eventually.

The i44 team have implied they are working on this for the next release.

Frohe Weihnachten to all of you,

just one question. are you planning a version for the german community without any "Hakenkreuz" and "SS Runes" ?

Kid.

Every time I try to load it, the load bar finishes, but before it begins receiving, the game freezes.

The Omaha map can take a while to load and appear frozen, if you ctrl alt delete and show task manager it shows non-responding, but it is usually still loading unless the game actually crashes itself. As said if you wait it *should* eventually load, hopefully we'll be getting an update out to Omaha soon to fix it. For now as Grub said, get yourself a drink, put on some music, and pass the time ;)

are you planning a version for the german community without any "Hakenkreuz" and "SS Runes" ?

We are looking into developing a patch to deal with this issue, although initial releases will contain the images. It will take some time to remove the offending imagery so its not something we'll delay releasing the mod for. But hopefully we will have the patch available at some point so those affected by the laws can play without worry. Whether it will possible to make a censored version work with a non-censored version we're not sure yet but if possible that would be the preferred way of implmenting the patch.

Merry Xmas all!

We are looking into developing a patch to deal with this issue, although initial releases will contain the images. It will take some time to remove the offending imagery so its not something we'll delay releasing the mod for. But hopefully we will have the patch available at some point so those affected by the laws can play without worry. Whether it will possible to make a censored version work with a non-censored version we're not sure yet but if possible that would be the preferred way of implmenting the patch.

This sounds very good. thank you for it! :bounce3:

I am german and I am NOT offended by these symbols. Dont think the "german community" has any problems with them, for historical accuracy they are in fact very much prefered.

The people who have problems with them also wish "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" :rolleyes:

I am german and I am NOT offended by these symbols. Dont think the "german community" has any problems with them, for historical accuracy they are in fact very much prefered.

It's not a question if the community or individuals have a problem with those symbols, they are simply forbidden by law in germany (StGB).

That's for example the reason why no german site can host i44 for download. Worst case, you can go into jail (up to three years).

And if somebody wants to do you some harm he just has to call the police and tell them you are playing with those symbols.

Xeno

The people who have problems with them also wish "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" :rolleyes:

Isn't it more of a legal issue than a moral issue though? I don't live in germany, so what do I know. But isn't the use of these symbols illegal there?

Although I guess it's not a high risk that you'll be arrested for playing a videogame with these symbols, or watching a movie with them. Atleast I hope that's the case. History should never be censored.

Merry Xmas all!

There is no "issue", be assured ;) Dont waste any time on it, the majority of the german players appreciates historical accuracy, without being neo-nazis.

In my model-plane club everyone has the correct markings on their Messerschmitts and such, and its not a problem.