Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

I'm downloading all the install files now, but please someone explain: what is the DAC fix? I've seen that Abbreviation on the forums every now and then, but what does DAC do, and do I need the fix anyway?

Thanks. I don't play online at all - are these scripts used in the INV44 missions?

If it doesn't do any harm I'll put it in, but I just wasn't sure if it applies at all if I have no previous DAC installed.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Sorry for being tense today...

It seems Oden's Warfare missions are not working correctly in 1.08 anymore. Is there really no chance this will work with 1.05 Arma?

How do I create startup icon? Should the exe file be in the Arma2 directory or the I44 folder? I think I set the corect paths but when I start a mission I get an error message saying that I cannot play or edit mission because downloaded content has been deleted. Any help would be appreciated. Should the target include -nosplash?

Hi, the -nosplash parameter saves you time when loading the game (you get rid of all those start-up screens only). It does not influence editor at all.

And if you;re getting such message it may mean that the addon-folder structure or it's contents have been altered since you launched the mission the last time. May be a small thing; anyway; you should be able to determine what it is; usualy the missing stuff gets listed in the message. Does it?

Thanks. I don't play online at all - are these scripts used in the INV44 missions?

If it doesn't do any harm I'll put it in, but I just wasn't sure if it applies at all if I have no previous DAC installed.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Sorry for being tense today...

It seems Oden's Warfare missions are not working correctly in 1.08 anymore. Is there really no chance this will work with 1.05 Arma?

Yes DAC uses the files, its not gonna cause any harm (well unless you cause it by placing it in the wrong folder etc). All fixes are recommended.

Oden's warface is nothing to do with the I44 team so you'll have to ask whoever made it about the issues with it.

Its been a long time since 1.05 so no I would not recommend it.

How do I create startup icon? Should the exe file be in the Arma2 directory or the I44 folder? I think I set the corect paths but when I start a mission I get an error message saying that I cannot play or edit mission because downloaded content has been deleted. Any help would be appreciated. Should the target include -nosplash?

Right click on the exe file you want to make a shortcut for, and select the option 'Create a Shortcut' the shortcut can be placed anywhere... its a shortcut to the exe to save looking through the folders so put it anywhere convinient to you e.g. your desktop.

If you are using 1.08 your shortcut details could read like this:

Target:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@I44 -nosplash

Start In:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\"

Be sure not to try and load the Beta if you are using 1.08.

.. It seems Oden's Warfare missions are not working correctly in 1.08 anymore. Is there really no chance this will work with 1.05 Arma?

Tried 1.55/1.08 for a few days but with insane performance issues on old well proven missions and CTD on one of my game machines I reverted to 1.54/1.07 where both my warfare edit (based on BIS 1.05 SuperPowers, thats all) and Insurgency edit runs fine.

When BIS release 1.56 and I haven't seen any users cry out for weeks I might, just might, patch up and see if I can get the mission run despite BIS patch process (has always, always, always totally destroyed my missions - worst was when 1.05 was released - thanks not alot BIS)

All in all - as long as I run 1.07 I will not be able to make any fixes regarding 1.08.

Alright guys, next friday is our COOP event! Check it out and come play some missions!

Hi INV44 Team,

your mod is really good and i love them to play it but this little big problem(I will not complain really) but the aiming system needs definitely to be revised.

RG has released his True mod and his FOV addon is really great and realistic.

but see it self: FOV vs. INV44 AIM ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXcAd7A1nZM

can somehow contribute to the INV44 mod ??

Best Regards

Stephsen

It's not ArmA 2 AIM FOV vs I44 AIM FOV, it's True Mod AIM FOV vs I44 AIM FOV, what You stated.

Also, don't call it realistic. In RL, when You aim Your eye focuses mainly on the gun and what's in front of it, You also close Your second eye and both those things result in limited field of view. You also have the weapon closer to Your eye, so it's like a "zoom" (Your eye isn't as far as in True Mod, afaik) ;)

Unless we think that "aiming" is just bringing Your weapon up to the "ready to shoot" stance, and the TRUE aiming is the zoom thingy (when You hold the RMB) True Mod is not realistic.

Tho I agree - it would be better for gameplay, especially with SMG's (I take in account the above "thought")

Unless we think that "aiming" is just bringing Your weapon up to the "ready to shoot" stance, and the TRUE aiming is the zoom thingy (when You hold the RMB) True Mod is not realistic.

Tho I agree - it would be better for gameplay, especially with SMG's (I take in account the above "thought")

yep, the handling is definitely better with this (True mod)FOV,especially in urban warfare.

And it's touch of realism to the naked eye to zooming ???:rolleyes:

I have to agree that the zoom which comes automatically when aiming with a weapon really is a bit too high in I44.

yep, the handling is definitely better with this (True mod)FOV,especially in urban warfare.

And it's touch of realism to the naked eye to zooming ???:rolleyes:

Its a non issue IMO, i like the ironsights in i44.

Edited by bazeye

It seems you're comparing I44 and default ArmA2 behaviour to a 3rd party mod with the FOV altered. There's been very frew requests for this type of "feature" so I wouldn't expect it any time soon and if there's a mod that already does it and its a feature you enjoy, is it not possible to just use the mod when playing by yourself?

Simple weapon zooming on iron sights is something I personally use a lot so wouldn't like to see it removed but if there's a demand for it our coder might look into implementing it at some stage further down the line, but don't expect it next release.

It seems you're comparing I44 and default ArmA2 behaviour to a 3rd party mod with the FOV altered. There's been very frew requests for this type of "feature" so I wouldn't expect it any time soon and if there's a mod that already does it and its a feature you enjoy, is it not possible to just use the mod when playing by yourself?

Simple weapon zooming on iron sights is something I personally use a lot so wouldn't like to see it removed but if there's a demand for it our coder might look into implementing it at some stage further down the line, but don't expect it next release.

I agree, there has been no requests and its something i personally wouldnt like to see meddled with as its fine IMO.

Hi PacUK,

a little bit strange is it already,it suggests realism all the time and looks meticulous attention to every detail,and says it would not matter because so many of you people would have addressed it.I think it is a big detail, if i in a realism ww2 mod when i targeting a old carbine and it zooms to 4x or higher without opticals!

a pity:(

Yes, but I like to think this "zoom without opticals" represents the way our brains/eyes focus in real life when we look intensely at one spot (as in sighting a weapon). Also, given that computer monitors lack the resolution we'd have in real life and make it even harder to spot distant targets, having the bit of zoom helps compensate for that.

i think the Zoom from rifles,pistols every handheld weapon is a little bit to strong.

Essential by the targeting,but now is not so extremely important,even if it is a bit strange.

cant wait for the next update with the new units and tanks. :D

is a update in plan with new effects (explosion,impacts) ?

thx so far

Having watched the video posted, I would prefer the Inv'44 configuration to the standard FOV.

agreed. the way it is now is fine. as far as the shooting goes though, im hoping to see the recoil toned down a bit, mainly for the automatic weapons which makes it very hard to do even a burst fire. Sorry i know this has been talked about, but just putting in my opinion. And honestly after that.. the mod is solid and i cant complain about anything! just looking forward to more :) ive always been an Inv44 fan since the day i got it for OFP

Something in between should satisfy both sides.

I wouldnt say there were any sides, if it had been an important issue it wouldnt have taken this long to come up so if it isn't broke dont fix it i say.

We love the Invasion 1944 and have some great historical missions made.

Join us at nzarma.co.nz port 9987 on ts3.

Are missions include...

Dirty Rotten Bastards

June 5th 1944. An elite team of U.S. Rangers, 'The Dirty Rotten Bastards' are sent into occupied France to destroy key enemy assets, and assassinate as many German officers as possible, prior to the D-Day invasion.

Getting in is easy. Getting out 'near' impossible.

Micheal Wittmann's 007

On 13th June 1944, a week after D-day tank ace Micheal Wittmann and the crew of Tiger 007 launched a daring attack to cripple the Allied advance. Hidden behind a hedgerow, he ambushed and destroyed an enemy column attempting to flank. Wittmann attacked the column on the main road, then advanced North and destroyed an Artillary position and several armoured pieces before returning to HQ, delaying the enemy advance. He then held off the allied counter attack before being ordered to pull back.

He was later decorated by Adolf Hitler himself, and recieved the Iron Cross with Oak Leaf Cluster.

Can your crew survive?

Silence the Guns

D Day has landed forces on Omaha Beach and are fighting thier way inland. Your mission is to parachute in behind enemy lines and destroy an Anti aircraft battery that is wreaking havac on our air assets.Should your aircraft be shot down before the drop zone rendezvous at the nearest HQ and command a frontal assault with tanks and infantry.

Join us at nzarma.co.nz port 9987 on ts3.

Everyone welcome... over 25 :) Serious fun.

Edited by Megahurt50