Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

The 97thRR will be kicking off the 97thRR Omaha Coop Evening once again on DECEMBER 4TH, 2010 STARTING AT 6PM EST (11:00 GMT) We will be starting with the COOP mission Aloft, then we will be hitting the beaches of D-Day, followed by D-Day+1 and the rest of the I44 dev missions with some surprise community. Enlist today!

Not sure about this one as its a general feature of ArmA2, we might implement a optional module at some stage to prevent the zoom if theres a demand for it but this is the first and only request I've seen of removing it.

Well, allthough it never annoyed me I also have the impression that when you press V (aiming), it zooms in a little bit too much. I think that it isn't that much in A2 vanilla (not sure though).

Well, allthough it never annoyed me I also have the impression that when you press V (aiming), it zooms in a little bit too much. I think that it isn't that much in A2 vanilla (not sure though).

yes i mean it is a little bit unreal when i have no sniperopticals and it zooms always when i aiming ..but yeahh it is a vanilla problem i think ...ohh a modul would be nice :o

CO-OP? Are you serious?

Go back and read all the threads dealing with this mod and you will see everyone wants to play PvP.

The M42 wasn't "Khaki." That was a mistake I made until one of the devs in DH corrected me with his source he even cited.

yes , the only thing the us war dept made that was khaki was a shirt and a service uniform

the m42 was infact olive drab no3, the m43 olive drab no7,

not all m42's looked worn, or dare i say it "khaki-ish" and one of the suppliers of reenactors has a great website worth checking out,the guy is pretty funny,

http://www.atthefront.com/us/uniforms/whatiskhaki.html

lol check out the german helmet page :)

Q: "I want a perfect specimen, with no dings, blemishes or wear of any kind.

I do not understand why you morons don't have anything less than pristine specimens.

That's what I WANT and the customer is always right. Don't you inbreeds know that???"

A: Nearly all of these have dings or small dents. We have complained bitterly to Reichminister Speer's office,

but have as yet to receive satisfaction. There is no reason that a military helmet should acquire any imperfection over such a short period as 55 or 60 years.

Until Mr. Speer gives us an answer, we'll have to resign ourselves to the sad fact, boys and girls, that these are original steel helmets,

that happened to go through something called a "war". Now, since many of you don't seem to comprehend just what a "war" is, let us give you a very basic idea.

People from different countries, do their utmost to hurt each other very badly... sometimes they even kill each other.

They use a variety of devices, including guns, cannons, bombs, chemicals (nasty ones), and occasionally they still throw rocks.

Helmets are used to protect the participants' (soldiers') skulls from damage from flying metal, debris, bricks, stones,

tree limbs and sometimes parts of small animals or other participants. As one might imagine, with this many bad things flying around during a war, s

ome evidence of use is inevitable.

http://www.atthefront.com/german/headgear/aboutgermanhelmets.html

Edited by jojimbo

OK Jojimbo thank you for the clarification. Maybe update the 101 troops with the proper colored M42 uniform. Maybe M43 for 82nd and 101 troops for those who want to make Operation Market Garden missions.

I speak only for myself (as we all should), but can someone explain the difference of Co-Op, PVP, etc?

Personally, I'm only interested in realism play where everyone forms squads, agrees on a commander, and tries to cooperate and use realistic tactics.

Without that, all multiplayer sites quickly degenerate into run-and-gun free-for-alls, where players act like Rambo and usually die quickly. Seems fun at first, but the chaos quickly gets boring and ruins the experience very quickly.

I know there are "clans" that exist for realism play, but I find many of them too formal and too demanding of time commitment (just being in them requires all sorts of boot camps and training and drills and regular game nights where attendance is taken, etc.) Sheesh!!

So, is there any place where reasonable (but bloodthirsty) adults interested in WWII can play I44 against real opponents and enjoy a good simulation of battlefield conditions? Seems like the creators of this mod went to great lengths to make it authentic, so playing it in an online looney bin would seem to defeat the whole purpose.

Hey broad,

What you have detailed in your post is exactly what we do at unitedoperations.net.

We are not so formal that we pretend to be in the military like some of those other clans but instead we are an open community of gamers who strive for realism. We are the home of ACRE, the most realistic radio MOD that exist and we play with ACE2. We host an Arma 2 OA server and a I44 server with a larger player base (over 250 members). I would recomend you check us out, you can get all the TS info from our website. Grab some guys in their and they will help you get set up. Again we are at www.unitedoperations.net Hope to see you soon.

lol check out the german helmet page :)

MUAHHAHAHHAAAAAA! Saved my otherwise f***d day, thanks!

But just to stay in topic and not been knocked by admins, are there any good Warfare scenarios yet for I44? I saw Oden making some, but has anyone tried that yet?

Though i really like the mod, i think i'll stop playing it for now, till a patch comes that ups the damage.

Last night i was hit by a distant sniper 14 times before he finally killed me, which was a 'tad' too ridiculous.

Damage levels have been discussed over and over, they are designed for use with the wounding module at the moment, and it will be addressed in the CO release (but its very unlikely there will ever be a 'patch' for the vanilla ArmA2 version).

Hey broad,

What you have detailed in your post is exactly what we do at unitedoperations.net.

We are not so formal that we pretend to be in the military like some of those other clans but instead we are an open community of gamers who strive for realism. We are the home of ACRE, the most realistic radio MOD that exist and we play with ACE2. We host an Arma 2 OA server and a I44 server with a larger player base (over 250 members). I would recomend you check us out, you can get all the TS info from our website. Grab some guys in their and they will help you get set up. Again we are at www.unitedoperations.net Hope to see you soon.

Wow! Sounds like just what the combat doctor ordered. But a tech question:

Would installing the ACE2 mod wreck my ability to play I44 (since I44 doesn't support that)? Or is there some sort of 'mod manager" utility that lets me swap out addons like ACE2 on the fly, depending on whether I'm playing I44, OA, A2, CO, etc?

Well, i played a mission that came with the mod, so i was kind of figuring that the wounding module was placed in it, though i hardly noticed it.

So i guess conclusion is that it wasnt included :p

I didn't include the old wounding module in all missions as it can affect respawn/revive scripts such as Norrins revive in multiplayer missions as well as AI behaviour towards players previously wounded, its very easy for anyone to unpack the missions place the module and re-save them to include it should they want to, and just as easy to include in your own missions merely by placing the module in the editor, you don't need to sync it with units its presence alone is enough.

A quick question, I don't know if it's been asked about or questioned but it regards the LeeEnfield (That I know of) and the fact that if I try adding the rifle VIA script to a unit (In this case the player) it is not added at all and the secondary is equipped.

I know it isn't me miss-spelling the name in the code due to it works in editor but as soon as I save it as a Single Mission and it PBOs, it doesn't show up.

And as a side note, when the LeeEnfield is added via script, the image doesn't show in your gear but I still posses it in the editor.

I was wondering if this is a known problem/issue or possibly something on my part happening?

Sigint, what classname are you using for the Lee Enfield? The proper one to use is "I44_LeeEnfieldNo4Mk1", not "I44_LeeEnfield" (that's the base class).

-Facepalm- That would do it... heh... thanks. Been doing stupid mistakes like this for the past three days XD Thanks again haha

hey Broad,

ACE will not mess up I44. Head to our forums at unitedoperations.net for instructions. We just use to different shortcuts. One for our main server (ACE/ACRE) and one with just (ACRE/I44)

Hey everyone,

Now that you've had the mod a while and played the missions I was looking for some direct feedback on the issues that have come up with the missions themselves (not unit bugs) if you have any please check post on the following topic on the I44 public forums:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?topic=311.0

I've got a small list of issues already (e.g. d-day landing prone bug) but I'm sure theres a couple I've forgotten or missed. I'm hoping to fix as many as I can before I start converting them over to CO so the same issues don't crop up again on our next release.

Cheers!

Anyone know of a mirror with a decent download speed? I'm on FIOS and the 15-30kbs sucks with a connection as fast as mine.

Cheers

You could try this new one -

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b4598ah/n/I44.exe

Let me know if its any good!

It's not a consistent speed but it's fast! Thanks, matey.

Do I need to download both patches, or just the latest one?

EDIT - It was fast for a small time then plummeted to between 80-100+ kps. Shit...

Edited by DetCord

That link should be a full 2.2 installer shouldnt need any of the others