Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

Has anyone used this Invasion 1944 in conjunction with Zeus_AI mod. Would it work or would it mess up I44.

Also anyone running servers what AI settings do you have. Four of our squad tried out the Aloft Mission last night but some of the AI were particularly dumb, standing only feet away without engaging.

Any tips for tweaking appreciated.

i do not know if they are compatible together ... but sometimes use GL4 or SLX mod mod .... without AI seems to sleep :/ the AI should be reconfigured

I use I44 with Zeus. It really helps the low rate of fire, and there's no noticeable ill effects.

Well there is one: the D-Day Omaha beach machineguns are no longer beams of death with Z_Ai's dispersion settings. :D

If you'd like to see the effect Zeus has you can check out our server-

[TGW] Invasion 1944

101st AB - 502 PIR by YAC

Yac has kindly donated his 101st 502 PIR as you can see I am working round the clock

to get these little beauties ready, hoping to have his 327 GIR in as well.

Big up for Yac, very happy these great units are going to see a release in their lifetime :)

pir1s.jpg pir2s.jpg

In-game Video here

101st AB - 502 PIR

more piccies on our site here...

Edited by jojimbo

Hell yes. They look superb.

Thanks YAC, and the I44 team. Keep it up

Very nice! Cant wait for the release of the OA i44.The new map looks nice 2 :)

I use I44 with Zeus. It really helps the low rate of fire, and there's no noticeable ill effects.

Seems to help with the engagement ranges too. :)

Ok, so where and when can we play this baby in multiplayer online?

Kellys heroes server looks great, but no one there.

Are there other server sites or meeting places where it's possible to find live opponents?

I'm in Pacific Time Zone USA.

We ([TGW]) run a server for I44, CO and a Ventrilo for comms. But we're not exactly a "meeting place" for the community, but since you asked and all... :p

Ok, so where and when can we play this baby in multiplayer online?

Kellys heroes server looks great, but no one there.

Are there other server sites or meeting places where it's possible to find live opponents?

I'm in Pacific Time Zone USA.

Kellys ran a PvP game last Sunday evening at 8 pm UK time which attracted a lot of players and was a lot of fun, i think there may be more coming up but nothing has been confirmed yet.

I have a question:

Are there any plans on tweaking tank combat?

-The range optics works as intended, but the actual range seems off.

-The shell hits are really unrealistic, its like the Warrior all over again with huge splash damage explosions on shell hits (excluding the tank blowing up and actual HE shells of course).

-Multi hit short range to kill most tanks. I know most people think the Tiger 1 is a super tank, but it wouldnt really survive even a Sherman at 50-100m. The other way around, where the 88mm Tiger shots a Sherman at 50-100m, needs several shots to kill it seems even more unrealistic.

-Maybe this is a Arma issue, but the shells seems slow and arch way to much in regards to range. Maybe I notice it much more in a wwii tank because there are more simulator games to compare to...

Right now I even think the standard, AP/HE shell setup in Arma. Where the AP round gives a small "20mm HE" like effect on the enemy armor before it blows..., is much more satisfying to play than the multi ammo types with seemingly HE effects on most in i44. The over use of HE like effects and unrealistic multi hits to disable etc just feels so arcady.

Hi INV-Team one question:

is it possible to create not zoom by handweapons If I aim on the visor...is really strange when I use handheld weapons (m1,kar98,tommy etc.) without sniperopticals and the weapon is zoom when i aiming.

it gives a pbo in the SLX mod FOV_Pbo she makes sure that does not happen but only by vanilla weapons:(

I have a question:

Are there any plans on tweaking tank combat?

-The range optics works as intended, but the actual range seems off.

-The shell hits are really unrealistic, its like the Warrior all over again with huge splash damage explosions on shell hits (excluding the tank blowing up and actual HE shells of course).

-Multi hit short range to kill most tanks. I know most people think the Tiger 1 is a super tank, but it wouldnt really survive even a Sherman at 50-100m. The other way around, where the 88mm Tiger shots a Sherman at 50-100m, needs several shots to kill it seems even more unrealistic.

-Maybe this is a Arma issue, but the shells seems slow and arch way to much in regards to range. Maybe I notice it much more in a wwii tank because there are more simulator games to compare to...

Right now I even think the standard, AP/HE shell setup in Arma. Where the AP round gives a small "20mm HE" like effect on the enemy armor before it blows..., is much more satisfying to play than the multi ammo types with seemingly HE effects on most in i44. The over use of HE like effects and unrealistic multi hits to disable etc just feels so arcady.

We are currently gathering data on the wrinkles in the tank combat. We can then get them fixed.

Stay tuned :)

We are currently gathering data on the wrinkles in the tank combat. We can then get them fixed.

Stay tuned :)

Thats great and I will. :)

Oh I can't wait for the Five-O'-Duce units. I can see it now, Market Garden and Hell's Highway missions hehe... ^^ Good work I44 Yeam! :D

@SiginArma, Yeah but for Market Garden you would have to repaint the skins to olive green M43 uniform. The one pictured in khaki colored uniform is the M42 uniform which was used in D-Day June 1944 over France.

PAC hi,

In answer to your question about the AI, I think the biggest issue is detection zone. I have tweaked all the AI to highest skill and increased the rank of spotting officers etc, but in low light/night they really often dont react unless you fire at them. I have some spawned AI using a USPS script that seem to engage a little better, but I might also give Zeus's AI a try.

If there was anyway of increasing the AI detection range of Blufor it would certainly help for night based missions.

I might add this is only an infantry detection problem. If you jump in a vehicle they spot you straight away and all hell breaks loose! :D

Just completed my 2nd mission on the Kelly's Server, which is a Para 20 player CoOp called 'The Red Devils' and I have just released onto the server v3 of 'Devils Kitchen' the 40 player unbalanced TvT. Both seem to be working quite well.

Until we get a dedicated server running (need a majority vote in my group which I can't get without a weapon rest feature and functioning explosives), we often host small coops (most nights now, including later tonight) under a temp server named 7-75th Rangers Invasion 1944 I44 Mod - keep an eye open for this if the other servers are empty. I customised some maps so that they include working explosives for now, such as the excellent 'Paras' mission, and we're always looking for new people to play with. I also have custom dogfight and tank battle maps for PvP. It will be up most nights around 10pm GMT which I think is 7-8 hours ahead of PST. Watch this space.

The 97hRR is hosting another massive I44 coop event! Contat me for details!

Www.97thrr.org

CO-OP? Are you serious?

Go back and read all the threads dealing with this mod and you will see everyone wants to play PvP.

@SiginArma, Yeah but for Market Garden you would have to repaint the skins to olive green M43 uniform. The one pictured in khaki colored uniform is the M42 uniform which was used in D-Day June 1944 over France.

The M42 wasn't "Khaki." That was a mistake I made until one of the devs in DH corrected me with his source he even cited.

Edited by Hans Ludwig

CO-OP? Are you serious?

Go back and read all the threads dealing with this mod and you will see everyone wants to play PvP.

I speak only for myself (as we all should), but can someone explain the difference of Co-Op, PVP, etc?

Personally, I'm only interested in realism play where everyone forms squads, agrees on a commander, and tries to cooperate and use realistic tactics.

Without that, all multiplayer sites quickly degenerate into run-and-gun free-for-alls, where players act like Rambo and usually die quickly. Seems fun at first, but the chaos quickly gets boring and ruins the experience very quickly.

I know there are "clans" that exist for realism play, but I find many of them too formal and too demanding of time commitment (just being in them requires all sorts of boot camps and training and drills and regular game nights where attendance is taken, etc.) Sheesh!!

So, is there any place where reasonable (but bloodthirsty) adults interested in WWII can play I44 against real opponents and enjoy a good simulation of battlefield conditions? Seems like the creators of this mod went to great lengths to make it authentic, so playing it in an online looney bin would seem to defeat the whole purpose.

is it possible to create not zoom by handweapons If I aim on the visor...is really strange when I use handheld weapons

Not sure about this one as its a general feature of ArmA2, we might implement a optional module at some stage to prevent the zoom if theres a demand for it but this is the first and only request I've seen of removing it.

awesome airborne just give them recoiless rifles

The recoiless rifle seems to be a relatively rare weapon and often only in service in later periods of the war, it may be created and implemented at some stage but for now there are no plans. Generally though the bazooka seems to have had better penetration so much more useful against german tanks, whereas the less armoured japanese tanks were better suited to its use so most reference I found for it was use in 1945 in the Pacific.

The 97hRR is hosting another massive I44 coop event! Contat me for details!

Last one was a blast I'll be there if I can make it!

In answer to your question about the AI, I think the biggest issue is detection zone.

The problems with the AI or more specifically the weapons will be addressed. Using AI addons like DAC or UPS will see better performance as generally the standard AI routines suck anyway so these will help. Hopefully they will be a bit more efficient in future versions though. Bear in mind the mod was largely tested by me and a couple other players so the issue only really came to light with large amounts of players thats only possible post-release.

Until we get a dedicated server running (need a majority vote in my group which I can't get without a weapon rest feature and functioning explosives),

Well I44 explosives aren't working because you are running the mod with CO which we don't yet fully support (the next release is for CO though so be patient). Weapons resting is in development but when it'll be finalised I can't say as I am not the one working on it.

O-OP? Are you serious?

I think you'll find there's a demand for ALL types of gameplay. If you want to run an event of a certain type, RUN ONE! The I44 team is not responsible for the games you all want to play, and we have a limited team so can only produce so much. D-Day and D+1 were in production by me since before this time last year and only finalised a few weeks before public release. Personally I enjoy CO-OP and still want to see D-Day with 32 players CO-OP :P

I speak only for myself (as we all should), but can someone explain the difference of Co-Op, PVP, etc?

CO-OP = Cooperative, all players on one side versus enemy AI.

PVP = Player versus player, there are several gametypes which support PVP:

-Deathmatch, free for all everyone vs everyone generall all real people

-Team Deathmatch, two or more teams of real people fighting against each other with kills determining the winner over a set period of time.

-Capture the flag, two teams of players fighting to capture the enemy flag and return it to their base for points

-Capture and Hold, two teams of players fighting for control of zones, can be for points gained from holding an objective, or the first to hold certain zones etc.

Theres a ton of other game types as well and many more can be made by inventive mission makers (for example Insurgency missions). The initial released focused primarily on COOP missions because thats what I play so thats what I made. Free Fall is my first real TvT mission and is developing as I get feedback from players and how I find it plays in test sessions. We do hope to include more variety in the future but for that to happen we need new team members who are experienced mission makers!

CO-OP? Are you serious?

Not everyone :D

You could do co-op team vs team without AI.