i already had arma2, but bought OA.

when i installed OA it became CO (lol)

so you dont have to install arma2 again unless the version

of arma2 you have is not steam.

i would recommend if you dont have arma2 in your steam games list

and only OA, to go ahead and install the steam version,

only so all the directories are in the same path

Good fun with Freefall today! Here's some clips from the event:

Again mate, great video! Had a blast online last night, and cool to see those action shots of me flying past in the P51! :P

If you have more footage, please upload!

Hi all

Mod looks awesome, I tried to read most of the thread however and didn't see if there has yet been a straight PBO/Mod Folder install done?

Hi all

Mod looks awesome, I tried to read most of the thread however and didn't see if there has yet been a straight PBO/Mod Folder install done?

If you mean just a rar file filled with just the needed pbo´s? No we heaven't dont that yet, best way is to just download those files posted in the first post of this topic, incl all the hotfixes.

Thank you, but I'm always a bit worried about overwrite/incompatbilities with installers such as that... will wait then.

Thank you, but I'm always a bit worried about overwrite/incompatbilities with installers such as that... will wait then.

You can install it on your desktop if you're afraid something will be overwritten. Might do the trick!

Thanks, good idea. Haven't tested the installer, but if it allows to select directory that certainly will work.

Hopefully we'll be getting a quick-fix out for Omaha island this week so that next weekend we can give Citizen Soldiers a try!

Look forward to seeing you all again next time!

Cheers, hope you get Omaha fixed, looking forward to playing Citizen Soldiers with a lot of players.

The installer will extract the following directories to whichever directory you select to extract to:

-@i44

-Keys

-Missions

-MPMissions

It will not overwrite any existing folders or files from A2 or other mods, if those folders already exist only files inside them that already exist will be overwritten e.g. your Keys folder will be fine it will just add the additional I44 key files to that folder.

You can also extract to any other folder you want and then manually move the folders its a bit pointless, you'll need double the disk space to install and then move the files but if you're unsure it can be done. But if you do forget to copy any files or folders the mod won't work as expected. Hence why we included the installer so all users had to do was point it to their Arma2 root folder and click install.

Pac wonder if you have some ideas on a problem I am facing. As you know I made a night mission 'Devils Kitchen' and one of the main problems is the German AI do not seem to react at all to Blufor land forces. They will attack an Allied Aircraft or Vehicle straight away, but not grunts on the ground....

I have actually run back and forth in frnt of a German MG42 nest shouting abuse at the AI gunner with little affect... I was at least expecting him to get a little upset after the 6the 6th pass of 'Your mothers a whore!!' but alas no shooting and no response...so I shot him! ;)

Hmmm well I definitely have had problems with bunkers and night time engagements myself, a common problem is the AI can't actually see very well out of the models hole (an issue with the engine not just I44 I think) especially at night time. Have you tried maximising skill levels to see if they respond any better? Also as noted their are some weapon issues affecting the AI that will be addressed in the CO release so you may find improvement after those fixes go into the mod. Feel free to send a link of the mission to me in PM if you'd like me to take a proper look at anything in particular that might be causing it.

Hey Guys,

Is anyone else getting load screen menu freezing?

Seems to be after 1.08, just wondering if its just me

I've got ArmA 2 on Steam and it automatically updated to v1.08. The beta "ARMA2_Build_72588" supplied by invasion 1944 won't install on v1.08, so what do I do?

I've got ArmA 2 on Steam and it automatically updated to v1.08. The beta "ARMA2_Build_72588" supplied by invasion 1944 won't install on v1.08, so what do I do?

1.08 is newer, so it's safe to assume you no longer require it.

Is anyone else getting load screen menu freezing?

Are you getting it every time the game loads? Or when you return to the menu from the game? It may be related to some issues we had on Omaha so when the menu scene for it plays it might suffer a crash.

Yeah you "should" be okay to run with 1.08 ;)

Are you getting it every time the game loads? Or when you return to the menu from the game? It may be related to some issues we had on Omaha so when the menu scene for it plays it might suffer a crash.

Ahh, no it happens when I open the map via the editor.

If I load a SP mission first its ok, straight in.

Its also not as frequent today lol

i did the same as you broadsword,

i already had arma2, but bought OA.

when i installed OA it became CO (lol)

so you dont have to install arma2 again unless the version

of arma2 you have is not steam.

i would recommend if you dont have arma2 in your steam games list

and only OA, to go ahead and install the steam version,

only so all the directories are in the same path

Yes, both my Arma 2 and OA are from Steam. But they installed into two separate directories. Now what do I need to do to have one path that gives me the "Combined Ops" option? (I already had Arma 2, then bought Combined Ops. Steam didn't give me any option for the installation path, just two checkboxes, one to install Arma 2 and one to install OA. I checked only OA, since I already had Steam's Arma 2. But Steam installed OA in its own directory, separate from Arma 2, and there's nothing called "Combined Ops" that I can see).

Edited by broadsword56
additional info

Yeah you "should" be okay to run with 1.08 ;)

Thanks

Edited by MacDooger

Ahh, no it happens when I open the map via the editor.

If I load a SP mission first its ok, straight in.

Ah then its possible that you have a corrupted file in one of your user made mission folders. If for example one mission has an error in the description.ext its possible for the game to CTD when the game goes to load the list of missions for the editor. To check this open your RPT file and check through as it can point to any problematic files and the exact line the error occurs on in some cases.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT

Yes, both my Arma 2 and OA are from Steam. But they installed into two separate directories. Now what do I need to do to have one path that gives me the "Combined Ops" option? (I already had Arma 2, then bought Combined Ops. Steam didn't give me any option for the installation path, just two checkboxes, one to install Arma 2 and one to install OA. I checked only OA, since I already had Steam's Arma 2. But Steam installed OA in its own directory, separate from Arma 2, and there's nothing called "Combined Ops" that I can see).

sound like it installed a stand alone version of OA,

dunno what to recomment tbh:(

What's the difference between I44 DAC and regular DAC?

The DAC version included was up to date at the time and was included as several of the missions made use of it. We included it with permission so that users didn't have to download DAC as well seperately to run certain missions included with the mod, as well as make it easier for new missions to be made from their examples. I think its now available in a script format, we may switch over to that in future versions mainly depending how much time I can devote to updating those missions that use it.

Has anyone used this Invasion 1944 in conjunction with Zeus_AI mod. Would it work or would it mess up I44.

Also anyone running servers what AI settings do you have. Four of our squad tried out the Aloft Mission last night but some of the AI were particularly dumb, standing only feet away without engaging.

Any tips for tweaking appreciated.

That's because it's actually VERY dark out in the aloft map, you can only see because of a script that contains "setaperture=.1". The script only applies to human players, though, it doesn't help the AI, which has trouble spotting anything. Try the Omaha map out at midnight on D-Day in the editor, it's pitch black so you can't see anything.