Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

reminds me of the look of the good old "Brothers In Arms" series, which I loved.

Spot on ;) I thinks its really nice, you can almost smell the moss :D

So I got this error for the first time at the start of a mission.

arma2oa2010111418521428.th.png

And when I placed both Hawker Hurricanes it spawned with theses textures.

arma2oa2010111420153775.th.png

I also noticed this during a user made SP mission

arma2oa2010111419453297.th.png

I guiltily haven't waded through the list at dev-heaven so apologies if you guys are all over things.

Mod rocks, you've done a great job, totally nailed it.

edit: Does everyone get a long load time when firing up a mission or just the map in the editor for the first time?

Edited by Grub

It's a Hawker Typhoon, it should have been listed under Ambient Environment (or whatever it is those objects/vehicles are listed under), or tagged as Ambient, as that is what I made it for. So mission makers can put it high in the sky and make it fly over to add ambiance, "total war", like the ship shapes that you see on D-Day. No sense in making an 8000 polygon aircraft or ship for that. I also did a B-17 like that as well as a flat plane shape (like the ships) with a bomber formation on it (but scaled down, so it would look like they are higher up than they really are). Don't know if those last two ever made it into the mod.

So I got this error for the first time at the start of a mission.

Well thats Combined Operations/Operation Arrowheads interface for a start which the mod is not yet fully compatible with, that would be the start of the problem.

As JdB said the Hawker was designed to be used at a distance so the model is low detail to minimise resources. The B17 and Bomber formation did make it in but are bugged unless theres a secret way to get them working that JdB never explained.

I also noticed this during a user made SP mission

The Flak Vierling is still unfinished and was just not disabled prior to release as they can be used in the distance without anyone actually seeing the unfinished texture.

Does everyone get a long load time when firing up a mission or just the map in the editor for the first time?

Omaha has a few issues so can take a few minutes to load, Jojimbo has fixed these and the island now loads in super-fast times so will this new version will be included in the next release.

can you make maybe bastogne ?? IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME
Yeah it would be awesome but it also requires pretty much 100% new content, new terrain, new textures, new units, new vehicles all to fit in with the winter campaign. With a team of less than ten its very doubtful you'll see this in an expansion anytime soon ;) Edited by PacUK

i44ffposter.th.jpg

This sunday (14th November 2010), Kelly's Heroes have kindly offered to host the mission Free Fall for a public game, we'd like to get as many people playing as possible they'll be a bunch of the I44 development team so you can shout your requests at us in person while we run around the battlefield!

If you haven't had a chance to play Free Fall yet the latest version offers a chance for all types of players to get involved in the fun. So whether you like driving around in tanks, storming trenches with your friends, dive-bombing armor convoys, or even sitting in the rear giving mortar support to the advancing infantry there should be something for you to do and enjoy!

Click Here for Kelly's Heroes webpage for Teamspeak 3 and game server details!

Click Here for the Free Fall Event official topic on I44's Forums

Count me in.

Its sunday now, let the battle begin!

;)

Just a note I *think* I got the EST time for the event wrong so it might well be 3pm EST ;)

Good to hear those things are being addressed. Especially the weapon resting - it is the one major complaint of people in my squad that are used to having that luxury. It is pretty much essential for any automatic weapon in this mod used anywhere other than prone. Another suggestion for balancing/equivalents - the allies desperately need a decent AA weapon, i'm guessing a BOFORS would be perfect but something that could at least match the single 20mm the germans have.

In terms of audio I would suggest lowering the output volume of the German soldiers shouting and, if you have an audio guy, add a very subtle amount of outdoor style reverb - they sound too contained right now, the audio doesn't decay properly as it should. Also, the aircraft should be audible from a greater distance, I often couldn't hear a plane coming directly towards me till it was less than 500m away.

sorry for the low-resolution but moviemaker tells me I have little memory and I could not save the video as I wanted ... I used a Photocamera lol :p

Just finished the Freefall game on Kellys and i was pleased at the large turnout, well done Pac for setting up the mission and Kellys Heroes for hosting it, it would be great if this could be a regular event to showcase peoples missions and get some good rivalries going in a multi player format.

One critisicm was that the mission tended to split players up over wide areas which tended to create situations where players were waiting at objectives for long periods with no action, thats why most people went airbourne.

I feel that something smaller with objectives that concentrate the opposing sides in one location would be good to try next time, the mission Citizen Soldiers would certainly benefit from having the amount of players that turned up tonight so if Kellys want to host that one sunday evening ill be game.

Thanks everyone who made it to the event, it seemed to go pretty well and definitely something I'd like to do again with a bit more prep work. Cheers for the feedback on the mission, it'll all go towards improving it for the release version for CO!

Hopefully we'll be getting a quick-fix out for Omaha island this week so that next weekend we can give Citizen Soldiers a try!

Look forward to seeing you all again next time!

for the CO release, is it going to be extra stuff that the arma2 release wont have? basically, i dont have CO so ill be missing out on stuff?

Yes sorry! development is moving over to CO, so any new units we add will be for the CO version of the mod. You should be good for a few more weeks though so perhaps put it on your Christmas list?

Cant they also be compatible with ARMA2 version? Oh, seems not good for me...

Havoc Company server is up again, we've moved to a new dedicated server hence the downtime. Hopefully we'll see some of you on there.

HC is possibly having a large scale operation in the next few weeks on I44, undecided if it will be an open even or closed to members only yet.

Good fun with Freefall today! Here's some clips from the event:

ahh i see! this may be dumb but what exactly is CO? is it Arma2 and operation arrowhead? since i have arma2 already and just that, what should i get then? thanks!

Yeah Combined Operations is ArmA2 + Operation Arrowhead, when intalled as CO you still have ArmA2 available as a seperate exe file from the ArmA2CO exe. There is the option of running Operation Arrowhead standalone which we won't be supporting with Invasion 1944 (none of us have just OA to test it).

Unfortunately its just too much work to maintain two versions of the mod, and the vanilla ArmA2 version almost didn't happen at all after the 1.07 patch. Thankfully 1.08 seems to be running fine with the mod so we can at least stop using the beta patch!

ahh i see! this may be dumb but what exactly is CO? is it Arma2 and operation arrowhead? since i have arma2 already and just that, what should i get then? thanks!

Yes your spot on, just buy OA and you'll get the option once installed to run as Combined Ops, and all will be well in your world

Oops, beat me to it :)

got it! so get OA and run it as CO and were good to go here. thanks guys! looking forward to the next release!

Let me get this straight:

I had vanilla Arma2 with I44 mod.

Last night I bought Combined Ops on Steam.

At download, it gave me checkboxes allowing the option of downloading Arma2, Operation Arrowhead, or both. Since I had Arma2 already, I checked only OA.

Now I have three separate icons on my desktop (OA, Arma2, I44). Did I do something wrong? Should I uninstall everything and re-download OA and Arma2 together? Does that make a difference?

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

In other words, even though I bought Combined Ops there's nothing on my computer or shortcut icons that actually says "Combined Ops."