Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

Quick note on AAS kju actually hooked up with I44 a while back and started some preliminary work on a version for I44, hopefully you will be seeing a release of that sometime in the future. In the meantime I've been working on a large Team Vs Team mission 'Free Fall' the public version 0.2 is a bit out of date and will be updated probably tonight (*alt tabs to check on his tests* - which are going well :) ) in that you need to work as a team with infantry, air and armor assets to capture and hold several zones across Chernarus, hopefully we'll be running an event this weekend and can fill out both sides for a real bit of war ;)

That sounds brilliant, hopefully we will see it.

Quick note on AAS kju actually hooked up with I44 a while back and started some preliminary work on a version for I44, hopefully you will be seeing a release of that sometime in the future. In the meantime I've been working on a large Team Vs Team mission 'Free Fall' the public version 0.2 is a bit out of date and will be updated probably tonight (*alt tabs to check on his tests* - which are going well :) ) in that you need to work as a team with infantry, air and armor assets to capture and hold several zones across Chernarus, hopefully we'll be running an event this weekend and can fill out both sides for a real bit of war ;)

I appreciate your work but i should of been more specific, i was talking about C & H MP games on the Omaha map, the lighting is almost photo realistic in some single player missions, in fact the best mission to convert to a C & H would be the TvTCitizen Soldiers one as that has the best lighting in the whole mod, and its the combination of the mod, the omaha map and the lighting that makes this mod go from being good to being sublime.

i really see no reason why mod is not utilizing XEH

I see no reason why event inheritance shouldn't be part of the engine :)

Macolik is currently playing with various ways to for infantry to deploy machineguns, and other objects.

The best way to get a certain feature you'd like to see from mod 'X' into I44? Learn how to create that feature, join the I44 team and make it with us!

Actually, I'm looking into a method for resting the I44 weapons on window frames, trenches e.t.c Would certainly be interested in talking with you guys, to see if your interested and if there is an efficient way of applying this action to I44 objects.

Also looking at ways of event handling that don't require pre-configuring your addons or anyone else's. It would only provide basic event inheritance, so no fancy splash screens I'm afraid.

Awesome, I'm sure our clever coders would love to bang heads if you're already working on it!

I appreciate your work but i should of been more specific, i was talking about C & H MP games on the Omaha map, the lighting is almost photo realistic in some single player missions, in fact the best mission to convert to a C & H would be the TvTCitizen Soldiers one as that has the best lighting in the whole mod, and its the combination of the mod, the omaha map and the lighting that makes this mod go from being good to being sublime.

I will make a CTF and C&H version of Citizen Soldiers once I'm happy with the TDM version. There are still a few bugs to iron out and a few more parameters i want to add before it's ready.

i44ffposter.th.jpg

This sunday (14th November 2010), Kelly's Heroes have kindly offered to host the mission Free Fall for a public game, we'd like to get as many people playing as possible they'll be a bunch of the I44 development team so you can shout your requests at us in person while we run around the battlefield!

If you haven't had a chance to play Free Fall yet the latest version offers a chance for all types of players to get involved in the fun. So whether you like driving around in tanks, storming trenches with your friends, dive-bombing armor convoys, or even sitting in the rear giving mortar support to the advancing infantry there should be something for you to do and enjoy!

Click Here for Kelly's Heroes webpage for Teamspeak 3 and game server details!

Click Here for the Free Fall Event official topic on I44's Forums

Jman;1785950']I will make a CTF and C&H version of Citizen Soldiers once I'm happy with the TDM version. There are still a few bugs to iron out and a few more parameters i want to add before it's ready.

Good....looking forward to trying your missions.

After playing with the mod steadily for the past few weeks, I want to add some some suggestions for improvement for the OA update (note: I'm sure you guys know about all or most of these issues):

1) AI Engagement Range

I brought this up in an earlier post. The AI's engagement range is not quite up to par with standard vanilla AI.

2) AI Accuracy And Rate of Fire

I brought this up in an earlier post also. The AI does not fire off enough rounds quick enough (very noticeable with any soldier armed with m1 garand). I believe this may have something to do with recoil, which I think needs to be reduced.

3) Player and AI Health

The player and the AI can take way too many hits, I did read that this has to do with your wounding system which you guys are trying to balance. I feel this is just enhances the AI problems because they miss so much and the rare time they land a shot it hardly does any damage since everyone has so much health. This makes the already unrealistic battles even more unrealistic.

That is all that needs improvement really the rest is fantastic. I hate to sound like a complainer but I just want more realistic battles with the AI, since I play mostly SP. Hope you guys can improve on these things and make this mod even better.

Noob question: What do I do with the two DAC files? There's no readme for that and I don't know where to place them.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Other noob question: What if you have the Steam version of Arma2, where all the game files are in Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common|Arma2 ? I just followed the readme instructions, using the default installation locations, and now get errors. So should I just uninstall and reinstall to Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common|Arma2 ?

*Crosses fingers Patch 1.55/1.08 doesn't break I44*

Will report back in a few minutes... haha

Edit:

everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg?1257510959

Need to test MP still, but SP seems to be fine on 1.08.

Edited by BigMorgan

Never mind -- got it sorted.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

So, should I let Steam auto-update ArmA2? Once I had 1.07 installed, I had it set not to allow auto-updates for fear of breaking the mod.

<< idiot I am >>

Edited by Ben_S

So, should I let Steam auto-update ArmA2? Once I had 1.07 installed, I had it set not to allow auto-updates for fear of breaking the mod.

Never having used the Steam version I really have no idea I'm afraid.

*Crosses fingers Patch 1.55/1.08 doesn't break I44*

Will report back in a few minutes... haha

Need to test MP still, but SP seems to be fine on 1.08.

Great news, beat me to the test!

To be clear I didn't have time to test every vehicle / weapon / unit in the mod... I pretty much just put a German rifleman map on Omaha with the bolt-action animations and the game didn't crash. :o

Heh no worries I'll be doing some tests over the next couple hours to see if anything crops up if alls good then we should all be able to dump that awkward beta patch! \o/

I'm not sure if this was mentioned BUT west of Coellville (not sure of the spelling) at the beginning where the town starts, theres a plank leading up to a nice sniping spot to snipe intruders from the west. Only problem is the shots barely go through the hole and constantly hit the wall. This goes for the other spaces to the left while sitting. Can this be fixed? if you need a better understanding i can get a screenshot!

I'm pretty sure I know the building you mean, I'll see if jojimbo can do anything about that while he works on Omaha!

I'm not sure if this was mentioned BUT west of Coellville (not sure of the spelling) at the beginning where the town starts, theres a plank leading up to a nice sniping spot to snipe intruders from the west. Only problem is the shots barely go through the hole and constantly hit the wall. This goes for the other spaces to the left while sitting. Can this be fixed? if you need a better understanding i can get a screenshot!

I'll send the boys round, have them pay a visit ;)

i know this bug ill sort it

I'll send the boys round, have them pay a visit ;)

i know this bug ill sort it

Could you checkout the stairway opening in the floor of the attic in the three story buildings on Omaha, i always get stuck going down through it and have to go prone and wriggle about to get to the next level even though its fine moving up through it.

That buildings always been a bugger as far back as I remember. The best way to navigate it is crouched and sideways (strafing) with an added lean (e.g move left lean right) that should fit you through the hole ;) If there is a way to make it easier I'm sure jojimbo can find it!

I've discovered something and I'm not sure if it's a feature or bug: when an AI-commanded tank or other vehicle is locked the crew will still attempt to dismount after suffering a certain level of damage.

This can really ruin a mission where say a platoon of tanks is supporting infantry, the lead tank in the column is damaged and the remaining tanks now follow their platoon leader who is crawling on the ground wounded with nothing but a pistol. :D

Edit

Hmm... to my surprise this happens in vanilla as well, I guess it's just more noticeable in I44 due to tanks being somewhat less likely to be taken out in one or two shots. Sorry!

Edited by BigMorgan

Could you checkout the stairway opening in the floor of the attic in the three story buildings on Omaha, i always get stuck going down through it and have to go prone and wriggle about to get to the next level even though its fine moving up through it.

i know of this annoying infraction, luckily i know this bloke from down the pub,so ill get it fixed up asap

anyone got stuck in a shed yet:rolleyes: