Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

Check the setup for the mission Para's this uses a simple script to respawn players with the same equipment they died with, there's a bunch of other methods and scripts your best bet is to check/ask the mission editing forums for detailed scripting advice:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

ok i found this file and it works fine.

here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1554

bye:)

Ive noticed that in some tanks and the german armoured car that you have to physically get out of the vehicle to swap from driver to gunner seat.

Is it possible to fix this in a future patch ?

Ive noticed that in some tanks and the german armoured car that you have to physically get out of the vehicle to swap from driver to gunner seat.

This is due to the different compartments in real life if you couldn't actually move from one position to the other we've replicated it with the mod's units. Personally I prefer it this way as it avoids the problem 1 man tank crew online enforcing a bit more teamplay, communication and co-ordination. If you crew it with AI under your command you can always sit in the gunner seat and use the directions to guide the AI driver pretty efficiently.

This is due to the different compartments in real life if you couldn't actually move from one position to the other we've replicated it with the mod's units. Personally I prefer it this way as it avoids the problem 1 man tank crew online enforcing a bit more teamplay, communication and co-ordination. If you crew it with AI under your command you can always sit in the gunner seat and use the directions to guide the AI driver pretty efficiently.

Well thats fair enough but the german armoured car ?, surely the driver can become the gunner without getting out of the vehicle ?

Although the compartment in the 222 was open I think the driver generally got in and out through a front underside hatch as climbing backwards up out of the drivers seat into the gunners raised platform would be a bit of a twister move so I'd guess that'd why the decision was made to keep those compartments seperate despite being physically open.

This video on youtube shows a fair bit of the interior

its not exactly roomy so you'd have to be pretty slim to move freely from one spot to the other.

Although the compartment in the 222 was open I think the driver generally got in and out through a front underside hatch as climbing backwards up out of the drivers seat into the gunners raised platform would be a bit of a twister move so I'd guess that'd why the decision was made to keep those compartments seperate despite being physically open.

This video on youtube shows a fair bit of the interior

its not exactly roomy so you'd have to be pretty slim to move freely from one spot to the other.

Ok thats fine, but ive just been playing with the 222 and its broken, the turret turns but the main gun doesn't.

Yes this is a known issue and most likely caused by me, 3am last minute binarisation of the mod on release day wasn't the best way to ensure a bug free release. But the more you guys report issues on Dev-Heaven pages, the more we can fix for the Combined Operations release!

PAC.....bloody great mod mate! I am just in the midst of finishing a mission for this great mod. It's an unbalanced TvT that can be played as a CoOp when server numbers are low. 10 British Commando's versus 30 German players with German AI.

It's called 'Devils Kitchen' and it will be played soon on the Kelly's Hero's Server.... Anyone who has played any of my previous missions at KH or at TG will know how I like to set 'ambience' in my missions ;) and I just spent 2 days solid sound sampling true P51, B24 and other WW2 sounds. This will be a dusk into night mission... so far all seems to go well and I hope to begin testing this week at KH.

Quick question.... on briefings. what do we need to place instead of USMC in briefing format so that it will display for either German or British forces?

We're all glad you're enjoying it so much, so thanks for playing! Your mission sounds like a blast I'll definitely duck my head in when its on the go! Its probably worth mentioning we are looking for missions to include in the next release so everyone has a nice selection to play through.

If anyone interested send me a PM, I'll try and get back to you as soon as I can. We are looking for fulltime mission makers to join the team as well so you can use your submission as an application ;)

As long as the mission works and has a decent briefing etc the only changes we'd want to make for inclusion in our release is to the naming structure. I've tried to keep I44_ at the start of all our missions so servers can be easily filtered beyond that whatever you prefer as long as its clear.

The faction names for the briefings here's the few I've had to use so far, they'll be a couple more but this should be the main lot:

I44_G_WL - Luftwaffe

I44_G_WH - Heer

I44_G_SS - SS (for future ref ;)

I44_A_ARMY - US Army

I44_A_AAF - US Army Air Force

I44_B_ARMY - UK Army

Hope that helps!

@PAC_UK,

Do we have permission to re-use scripts and fortifications from the included missions for the creation of new missions for I44? I've been working with the DAC in order to create a SP version of the beach invasion mission, and I was hoping to avoid reinventing the entire wheel with the beach defenses. Also was wondering about using portions of the included missions in other I44 missions, such as the flak scripts (Both as is, and modified to apply to MG-42 nests that would normally be out of range) and paradrop scripts.

Yeah by all means I spent a good month or two working on the placement of D-Day beach and D+1 inland defenses, sandbags etc so please re-use them all you want, chop em up move 'em around whatever. Any scripts that are re-used try and be sure to reference the original creator if its not us (I used a couple from the forums that should be listed in existing mission credits already).

One wierd thing you'll likely encounter with forcing the MG42's to fire is beyond a certain viewdistance they fire into the air (I had it with a few various scripts I tried to use to lay down constant fire on the beach). In the end the best results I had was turning skill levels on gunners way down and upping their engagement range, if you check the gunners along the top of the bluff one or two of them should have the code for that.

We're all glad you're enjoying it so much, so thanks for playing! Your mission sounds like a blast I'll definitely duck my head in when its on the go! Its probably worth mentioning we are looking for missions to include in the next release so everyone has a nice selection to play through.

If anyone interested send me a PM, I'll try and get back to you as soon as I can. We are looking for fulltime mission makers to join the team as well so you can use your submission as an application ;)

As long as the mission works and has a decent briefing etc the only changes we'd want to make for inclusion in our release is to the naming structure. I've tried to keep I44_ at the start of all our missions so servers can be easily filtered beyond that whatever you prefer as long as its clear.

The faction names for the briefings here's the few I've had to use so far, they'll be a couple more but this should be the main lot:

I44_G_WL - Luftwaffe

I44_G_WH - Heer

I44_G_SS - SS (for future ref ;)

I44_A_ARMY - US Army

I44_A_AAF - US Army Air Force

I44_B_ARMY - UK Army

Hope that helps!

Many thanks mate thats grand.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

This may have already been created... but does anyone have a script that can be linked to a trigger that forces an AA unit to start to fire for say a 30 second continuous burst? That would be REALLY useful to me right now! ;)

Check out the mission "Aloft," it's got some scripts for the Flak 38's that make them fire into the air.

Aloft does indeed have such a script, the one used there uses a trigger around an area to create a list of the AA units available, those it finds are then randomly selected every couple of seconds to fire off a burst. The less units the more each one will fire. You can easily modify it to work just for one gun and shoot constantly too. I think it feels more atmospheric if there are breaks in the firing though.

Movement wise the guns will at first aim up at the sky (as on Aloft the AA's were in Tobruks so this avoids them shooting the bunker edges), then will change target with each firing burst. The script is based off a publicly available flak script so if you get stuck there should be links in the credits if not get in touch via PM and I should be able to point you in the right direciton.

I have a German voice pack on my website you can use. www.rejenorst.com check the sound page its at the top. I think the German2 rar has better quality as I recorded it with an SM58 mic.

Feel free to use anything on that webpage for your mod of for mission makers.

Cheers.

Those sound great! Does your throat hurt? :P

Hahaha :D

"DER AMI!!!"

Perfect voice samples, Rejenorst! :D

Off topic: Are you in general available for voice acting in Arma missions?

Aloft does indeed have such a script, the one used there uses a trigger around an area to create a list of the AA units available, those it finds are then randomly selected every couple of seconds to fire off a burst. The less units the more each one will fire. You can easily modify it to work just for one gun and shoot constantly too. I think it feels more atmospheric if there are breaks in the firing though.

Movement wise the guns will at first aim up at the sky (as on Aloft the AA's were in Tobruks so this avoids them shooting the bunker edges), then will change target with each firing burst. The script is based off a publicly available flak script so if you get stuck there should be links in the credits if not get in touch via PM and I should be able to point you in the right direciton.

Cheers fellas...

I played the latest version of this mod and I have to say I'm very impressed. It is by far the best WW2 mod out for ArmA 2 to this date. Can't wait to see more content in the future patches

*cough* transport plane for germans *cough* :)

Hahaha :D

Off topic: Are you in general available for voice acting in Arma missions?

It depends on the requirements, I generally don't have alot of time but also I am not in a very good recording space as I am in a very small apartment with neighbors until I get back home from overseas.

EDIT: If you need something specific let me know and if I can do it I will. I may also have something on my HD already but that's less likely.

interesting. are you guys talking about using already created missions like the omaha mission as templates in the mission editor!? like opening the mission in mission editor and playing around with it? if so id love to figure out many things from it! is there a wayy? thanks!

interesting. are you guys talking about using already created missions like the omaha mission as templates in the mission editor!? like opening the mission in mission editor and playing around with it? if so id love to figure out many things from it! is there a wayy? thanks!

Yeah its really easy, you just need a program to 'De-PBO' the mission file into its original folder structure, then put that folder in your mission editing folder.

I prefer to use pboview myself:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1434

Then if I was say editing the MP version of D-Day I'd put the extracted folder here:

C:\Users\Pac\Documents\ArmA 2\MPMissions

You can now load up the mutliplayer editor and load the mission. Note missions in the MPMissions folder can't be opened in the single player mission editor, and vice versa.

Good luck understanding my messy missions, they are far from perfect but I tried to keep them as straight forward as possible for my own sake so hopefully others will be able to muddle their way through, and many could probably improve on a lot of it, if that person is you APPLY TODAY! :D

All you have to do is extract the pbo.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Community_Tools

Edit:Damn it pac! you beat me to it!