Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

...Any ideas why it wont work?

Without seeing I can't be sure, the one suggestion I can make is that you're calling the right location of the script in the mission folder

Nul = execVM "arty.sqf";

For Para's and other missions stored arty.sqf in the folder \scripts\arty\ so my script call is:

Nul = execVM "scripts\arty\arty.sqf";

Other than that I can suggest you read through the original topic and script its based on and see if that helps at all:

Random artillery around units

Good luck!

I can make is that you're calling the right location of the script in the mission folder

Aha! I just realized that, that is the problem, the arty script is not in the folders, its by itself in the mission folder where it belongs,

but I forgot to change the activation line that calls it Dout!:j:

My bad I should have seen it before.

Thanks for your help, just telling me that gave me the answer to why it dont work, lol

thanks again pac!

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Without seeing I can't be sure, the one suggestion I can make is that you're calling the right location of the script in the mission folder

Nul = execVM "arty.sqf";

For Para's and other missions stored arty.sqf in the folder \scripts\arty\ so my script call is:

Other than that I can suggest you read through the original topic and script its based on and see if that helps at all:

Random artillery around units

Good luck!

same Problem Arty script not found whats the Problem...i`ve make it allright:(

stephsen make sure the script is in the folder of your mission.

this is what will be in the on activation for the trigger, but the folder path to the script is:

your mission\scripts\arty\arty.sqf

I got the art to work np on the mission I built, I almost got hit by a incoming rd a few times, lol

Little bit of news...

Map restored fully and a brand new hedgerow,

so the shining hedges is now fixed,

super load time, 4 seconds to load the map in the editor (was 1 minute+ )

clutter dispersed correctly, (you can lay prone in green grass and still see to shoot)

new lighting on some addons, ie wheat, hopefully released soon.

More pics over at our forum

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?topic=274.0

a7.jpg

Great news!

I was going to ask about that, I go to the map and its like taking a long time to load.

Looking forward to playing on the new updated version, great work!

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Hey Pac, or Jojimbo what is the classname for the German mortar, im trying to recreate the same mission i did for the I44 Arma2 version for Arma.

The art script for the paradrop mission should work, I just have to swap out the classname for the one used in the Arma version of I44 as far as I know.

The low AI engagement ranges can be seen better on the Chernarus map, as the close buildings and hedgerows of the Normandy map sort of limit the range of firefights.

Really great MOD. Cannot wait till the final version is out. Completely me bak to actually playing the game again. Any chance of releasing your amazing Wounded function and animation as a standalone. It adds so much to the game.

Lamar

Really great mod! Love it.

I tried to master the D-Day mission about 5 times up to now, had no chance :D Few bugs I recognized so far:

Most AI comrades get blown up before they can even reach the beach and get out of there ships :( Some ships get stuck between the crosses, units are trapped in them, no action menu to get out. Ships can "drive" across the whole beach, already found one way behind the beach in the inland tilted over.

Little thingy: Bombs drop and impact quite nicely but there arn't any planes. Seeing and hearing some B17s here and there would be pretty coherent ;)

Edited by Cyclone83

I have created a PVP mission for 80 players on the Omaha Island called 'Citizen Soldiers'. Basically the allied and axis forces start at oppposite ends of Colleville sur Mer and have to attack the village to push the other team out.

I've tried to make it as atmospheric as possible with aircraft flyovers and pack's arty script, smoke and damaged buildings to hide in and around. There are quiet a few vehicles in it as well that can be utilised such as tanks, half-tracks and jeeps etc.

If any of you would like to play it please hope over to our server...

The mission changelog can be found here

Little bit of news...

Map restored fully and a brand new hedgerow,

so the shining hedges is now fixed,

super load time, 4 seconds to load the map in the editor (was 1 minute+ )

clutter dispersed correctly, (you can lay prone in green grass and still see to shoot)

new lighting on some addons, ie wheat, hopefully released soon.

More pics over at our forum

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?topic=274.0

Those landscape pictures on your forum are really impressive and realistic from a Froggy point of vew ;)

Really great mod! Love it.

I tried to master the D-Day mission about 5 times up to now, had no chance :D Few bugs I recognized so far:

Most AI comrades get blown up before they can even reach the beach and get out of there ships :( Some ships get stuck between the crosses, units are trapped in them, no action menu to get out. Ships can "drive" across the whole beach, already found one way behind the beach in the inland tilted over.

Little thingy: Bombs drop and impact quite nicely but there arn't any planes. Seeing and hearing some B17s here and there would be pretty coherent ;)

The D-Day mission is intended to be 100% player controlled. I gave the AI very limited waypoints (no further than the barb wire line) just to give them some life instead of starting the mission empty when no players were present.

By ships I'm guessing you mean the landing craft? Only 3 carry playable squads and they should all survive the landing process. Any other boats are empty on their way back out to sea. It is possible for people on the boats to die very rarely on the ride in (more likely by friendly fire from their trigger happy friend behind them) or for them to take a mortar hit (they are random after all).

The three landing craft should nearly always land in the same spot as they are heading towards a marker sometimes another boat can send them off course and this can cause them to drive up and over the beach and keep moving. This is due to them being scripted to move not actually driving themselves (when AI drove they never drove straight or fast enough weaving all over the place so Macolik scripted a straight run drive to the beach).

Depending on how you are playing the mission may affect it, the missions are only designed for Multiplayer DEDICATED servers. A locally hosted ingame server behaves very differently and can result in issues same again in singeplayer (the d-day mission in the scenarios is just for people to preview the MP mission not to actually play and complete).

The bombs dropping on the D-Day mission are mortar fire from the germans inland not from aircraft. The air bombardment occurred before the landing took place and ceased to ensure minimal friendly casualities. Also most of the bombings around Omaha beach before the landing completely missed their targets and landed 2-3 miles inland instead of along the beach. I am hoping to implement a system for naval fire support at some point but the main goal of the mission was an infantry assault without support. Also.. we don't yet have a B17 model that could really fly over anyway ;)

Those landscape pictures on your forum are really impressive and realistic from a Froggy point of vew ;)

Thanks prof , that is appreciated. hoping to get more realistic in future

Cheers for this guys, all your hard work is much appreciated! Just installing everything now & going to have a first play as soon as im done, looking forward to it! Will post any issues I have, hopefully not many! But as a long term Arma/Flashpoint gamer, I know bugs are just a part of the game :p

what is the classname for the German mortar for the Arma version of I44?

I'm trying to recreate the paras mission with the mortor coming down on the town, but nothing happens,

would the arty script work in Arma or was that specific to Arma2?

I only see like 3 servers with the mod and they have like 2 people in it at most :/ anyone planning any events or something going along with like a big manned server? cause this mod looks beautiful and needs to be put to its awesome potential! so any good servers that i might be missing out on?

Hopefully it'll pick up over the weekend, I'm hoping to have a new team deathmatch / objective mission ready by then that should be a nice change of pace from what we have released so far ;)

Thanks PacUK for your detailed answer, now things become clear :)

Well, at least I saw about 4 or 5 objectives when I opened the mission in the editor, so there seems to be a reachable end by achieving the objectives? As for the bomber, there is the B-17 by "the FEW", maybe this one could be used?

Cheers

Thanks PacUK for your detailed answer, now things become clear :)

Well, at least I saw about 4 or 5 objectives when I opened the mission in the editor, so there seems to be a reachable end by achieving the objectives? As for the bomber, there is the B-17 by "the FEW", maybe this one could be used?

Cheers

Yeah it should definitely be beatable, last time I did it solo took about 6-7 solid hours playing though, so I wouldn't recommend it on your own ;)

I think the FEW mod is now part of 31st so its doubtful you'll see it in Invasion 1944 as well, but you never know.. I do like that pilot model! But then I have just spent the past few nights working on a mission with lots of our placeholder pilots to get out to you guys for the weekend!

New MP Mission Posted 'Free Fall'

Edited by PacUK

Something a bit different, couple of snaps of the new Panzer Mk4, straight from the Vex_Man Panzer factory, this little beauty will be getting roughted up a bit before being delivered to you guys asap.

Well done! And cant help to ask a small question, any idea when those SS troops come in?

Well done! And cant help to ask a small question, any idea when those SS troops come in?

Hopefully the SS content will be included in our upcoming release along with the switchover to Combined Operations.

The Allies need an AA weapon so i would suggest trying the US Quad 50 cal AA Half Track from the 31st Normandy Mod, it looks good and should fit in aesthetically quite well.

This would be a great addition to the i44 mod.

heres a link to a site with a picture of the half track http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4160

Edited by bazeye