Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

I LOVE THIS MOD.

After downloading it a few days back i never thanked u guys.

So..... thank youuuu I44 team ... You've made this week so much fun on Arma 2 for me. :D This mod and 31st mod aree soo madd!!

Not long ago i made a short little test mission using both mods.

I used, I44 C-47, 31st 101st infantry, I44 heer infantry and I44 flak 36's and other little things...

The mission looked so epic... it was Mass airborne drop mission obviously...

I used like 20+ C-47's and filled them with 101st airborne units, and it loooked soo real.

it basically looked exactly like there were thousands of troops dropping in..

unfortunately as soon as i hit the ground my computer overclocked and i got "mass" lag.. :( lol

Is this mod compatible with the 31st Mod ?

Also - is there any plans to make a Marder III SPG ?

Would be great to recreate the city fight from SPR.

Thanks for the hard work - mod is fantastic.

Chapman

Thanks for the hard work - mod is fantastic.

Chapman

i have tried invasion + 31 st... and yes it works, sadly the map ( i hope it's just really WIP, it's big... but kinda desertic) and the models of 31st are... well... OPF style :rolleyes:

Event invasion + 31 st + ACE( you can get some errors from ACE because invasion comes with a old version of extended eventhandlers, that are included in CBA, just delete/move it and use only CBA for ACE). Still, i don't think that that is really recomendable, but it works :P

Edited by columdrum

Can i use your mods new soundtrack in the new missions I'm making? (Of course for Invasion 1944) They would make great atmosphere for couple missions which are almost ready. (SP again)

Thanks for this awesome mod. Playing with I44 team members was fun. I mostly liked the British Para and D-Day missions.

Yes, feel free to use them as long as I44 is loaded at the same time. You can find them in the effects tab of a placed trigger.

Ok how do I select grenades with these I44 troops? I press F and nothing happens to switch to grenades?

If you are running Combined Operations I believe grenades don't work. Otherwise, are you sure the unit you are using actually has any grenades in his gear? They should work fine like normal A2 grenades.

Not long ago i made a short little test mission using both mods.

I used, I44 C-47, 31st 101st infantry, I44 heer infantry and I44 flak 36's and other little things...

The mission looked so epic... it was Mass airborne drop mission obviously...

I used like 20+ C-47's and filled them with 101st airborne units, and it loooked soo real.

it basically looked exactly like there were thousands of troops dropping in..

unfortunately as soon as i hit the ground my computer overclocked and i got "mass" lag.. lol

We don't support the mod working in conjunction with any other mod, if you do combine them expect things to conflict and cause problems and severe performance drops. The 31st mod that is currently available is very out of date and from what I know of it still very early and full of bugs so expect heavy performance drops when using the mod with I44. But looking at the list of whats used... why not just dump the 101st and use the British Paras instead for now?

No. Yes. And feel free to do so! Although try not to take the "recreate" bit too far, A2 is far from being able to match it scene for scene in a playable scenario.

Can i use your mods new soundtrack in the new missions I'm making? (Of course for Invasion 1944) They would make great atmosphere for couple missions which are almost ready. (SP again)
Yes, feel free to use them as long as I44 is loaded at the same time. You can find them in the effects tab of a placed trigger.

Just a note if you'd like looping music D-Day, D+1 each use a very simple script to loop the music with a pause in between each play of the track. Alternatively Aloft plays its theme once at the start of the mission/joining. Furthermore OpTarbrush plays its theme only when activated by certain events. Feel free to De-Pbo the missions to see how this was achieved.

I've added the @I44 to the KH YAS Community Repo....for those you like to use addonsync.

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

If you have the AddonSync installed, click on this and add from there -> Kelly's YAS Repos

As Jman mentioned earlier, we've setup a server. So, let us know if you have MP missions so that we can upload.

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

So this will auto-update Inv44?

i notice that the GS GF and GG grenades do not work at all

I believe those three are RIFLE grenades for the K98 + GGrGer and they just worked fine for my on the range. Let us know if you're still having problems ;)

Not really a bug, but in the aloft mission Able team can teleport....not sure about the other teams.

Doh! I forgot to comment out the teleport from F2 debugging, for some reason it flicks on sometimes, I'm currently in the process of updating the missions but whether they'll be fixed for this version or come out with the CO update I'm not yet sure, depends on spare time and a few team decisions still to be made, thanks for letting me know!

So this will auto-update Inv44?

Yes we will keep the repository uptodate with the latest i44 patch files. The community YAS repository contains many other mods/addons as you will see so be sure to only tick the @i44 folder when syncing.

Jman;1781115']Yes we will keep the repository uptodate with the latest i44 patch files. The community YAS repository contains many other mods/addons as you will see so be sure to only tick the @i44 folder when syncing.

So this is sort of like Six Updater is for Ace2? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to make sure I understand this program of yours.

So this is sort of like Six Updater is for Ace2? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to make sure I understand this program of yours.

Yes. It's made by Yoma, we just serve up the content

Just a question, did this mod disable the radio message subtitles and sideChat functions in the editor?

When using this mod, somehow when i command my AI i dont see my orders in text on screen, and when i try to make unit HQ say something over sideChat in the editor, i cant see the text either.

Machine gun *MG42 (tripod, zf40)*

Sight

fdeeafd18398t.jpg

7cfaed8642a4t.jpg

When using this mod, somehow when i command my AI i dont see my orders in text on screen, and when i try to make unit HQ say something over sideChat in the editor, i cant see the text either.

I think its because most units don't have a radio item I think only Officers and RTO's have them as standard, you can use this command in a units initialisation to ensure they hear anything on the radio channel.

this addWeapon "itemradio";

Strange white chains on the back of the Panzer IV G, and a black triangle in the Tigers Commanders Sight.

Cheers we have these two, the white chains are just a missed alpha channel that will be fixed, the commanders sight is the gunners adjustable sight visable from the commander position, we should be able to hide this in future.

Edited by PacUK

Some dogfighting on your excellent mod.

[YOUTUBE]ToFB7K4oymw[/YOUTUB]

Awesome! Still searching for a nice dogfighting mission, is it some kind of Warfare derivate .. and most importantly, mind to share? :thumb_down:

@I44: How about a mission repository like the one FDF had in OFP? :)

...@I44: How about a mission repository like the one FDF had in OFP? :)

You're welcome to link any missions on our 'User Missions' forums:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?board=24.0

Some dogfighting on your excellent mod.

You got SFG and myself excited enough to start work on our own plane based mission with that vid!

Nice video showing some of the units in action by TheSoviet7520:

If you are running Combined Operations I believe grenades don't work. Otherwise, are you sure the unit you are using actually has any grenades in his gear? They should work fine like normal A2 grenades.

I am not using armaoa.exe or combined ops this is my exe:

"E:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta;@I44 -nosplash

First off I have to say this is an excellent mod. The models and the map are fantastic, but I have one big problem with AI accuracy. The AI can hardly hit anything even at 100 meters and they don't fire off rounds fast enough. I went to the Arma 2 profile and changed accuracy to 1 for every difficulty level but still no luck. This is with just vanilla Arma 2 and no other mods but this one. I even tried with combined ops and same problem. Now i don't know if you guys wanted it to be this way for realism but compared to 31st Normandy mod, the AI in that mod can still hit just as good as standard Arma 2 AI.

I hate to complain, but the mod just feels like it loses all sense of realism when the AI is so close together and unable to hit each other.

First off I have to say this is an excellent mod. The models and the map are fantastic, but I have one big problem with AI accuracy. The AI can hardly hit anything even at 100 meters and they don't fire off rounds fast enough. I went to the Arma 2 profile and changed accuracy to 1 for every difficulty level but still no luck. This is with just vanilla Arma 2 and no other mods but this one. I even tried with combined ops and same problem. Now i don't know if you guys wanted it to be this way for realism but compared to 31st Normandy mod, the AI in that mod can still hit just as good as standard Arma 2 AI.

I hate to complain, but the mod just feels like it loses all sense of realism when the AI is so close together and unable to hit each other.

true. the A.I. are very slow and not moving much and not to shoot.

I only use (-mod = beta; @ I44 )..... I think for maybe the thick vegetation to not see well?

still a nice compliment mod:) s.p.sry for my english

First off id like to say thank you to all the people who worked hard on this mod. It is fantastic and i haven't been able to stop playing it since the release.

I'd like to share some problems we have found to help fix them.

-This mod is very difficult to install and run for the average arma player. Out of 10 or so of my buddies only 2 of them were able to install and run this mod within a day of release. Some just gave up.... There was also a lot of confusion about the hot fixes and beta patch that is required. Also about how to activate the mod when launching the game. It's too bad such an awesome mod is so damn hard for the average player to get running. Make it easier :)

-Explosives don't seem to work. When i try to throw a grenade or place a Bangalore for example, nothing happens.

-The weapons are very weak and have too much recoil (or the characters have too much health. It takes 3 or more Springfield rounds to kill a German rifleman.)

-Characters are constantly out of breath making it impossible to shoot the already weak and heavily recoiled weapons.

I will post any more bugs i find. I hope this info helps with the development of this awesome mod.

Note: We are playing this mod on combined ops.