Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

Maybe to much for your CPu and or GPU to render all at once?

Did you test the mission with something smaller, like half the size?

I've made quite a large omaha mission, 4-6 higgens, paras, many many germans with MG's and french resistance in back taking villages.

All on my Pentium4, GTS250.

It lags like hell, but no CTD. So it must be something else causing his problem.

Does it come up with an error? Like, something missing? Or perhaps it was a corrupted download?

CTD when I make a mission with 4 higgins boast with 36 troops in each and also with 6 MG42 nests as opposition on the Omaha Beach??? The game ctd's when the higgins hit the beach and the troops start to move out.....

If you send me a copy of the mission I'd be happy to take a quick look over it see if I can spot any units that might be bugged and causing the problem. Also sometimes a mistake in the startup files (description.ext etc) can cause the game to crash or even fail to load.

@Ben S No I do not get an error just a ctd.... @PacUK I shall send the mission to you.

Well, That said, Do you have any external files. Like description.ext that could cause it to CTD?

LOL, yeah our FsJ's are a bit old and didn't like the new animation for the mp40 hopefully we'll get a chance to update them so you don't get stretch armstrong arms ;)

bigstone

find your RPT, and check it after you get a CTD

this is files

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2

If you dont understand what the RPT is listing, then post it here and we can see whats going on,

Pac and the others would find this information helpful to solve the problem.

Rather than spamming the forums with RPT files it might be better to use something like this:

http://pastebin.com/

That way we won't have a page of of errors filling the forums! But yes RPT's can be very useful to us in some cases. Unfortunately after checking the mission myself and not having any CTD's I think the problem he was having related to loading other mods alongside I44 causing a conflict.

On a side note we are looking for mission makers for the team, so if you feel like joining the war effort, I'll happily take any missions you do make for I44 as an application and if they're up to our standard (which is to say, they work... mostly :D ) you might find them sliding into future releases and being dragged into making more :D

Also feel free to use our public forums at:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/

If you have suggestions as the types of missions you'd like to see the mod support in future. PvP seems to be the most in demand when I've popped into servers but let us know and we'll do what we can! (But please try and keep requests to things with can do with EXISTING island maps ;) )

Edit - and our public forum promptly goes down XD DOH!

I'd be happy to pump out a mission, but first i need to get familiar with DAC, which should speed things up alot :o

Haha.

Hey, I've got an idea. Why not have some form of "bomb disposal" kit? Like an object, like a dud SC-250 around some earthed up soil. Which you can go up to. And an action appears if you're an engineer. Then, You either defuse it. or it sets the timer off and you have to run like hell. Same could apply for mines (or any other explosive infact)

Would make a fun mission. :)

I'd be happy to pump out a mission, but first i need to get familiar with DAC, which should speed things up alot

If you de-pbo the missions Paras, D-Day, D+1, or Tiger Town they all have some DAC I44 scripts ready to go for your own missions or for further tweaking. Its worth going through the documentation and tutorials first though, there's some cool ways to use DAC and well worth playing around with!

Hey, I've got an idea. Why not have some form of "bomb disposal" kit? Like an object, like a dud SC-250 around some earthed up soil...

Awesome idea! I'm hoping to get something to work for mines for some similar scenarios in mission and this could be a good extension of that.

thats the new "shoot round corners" anim

LOL!

The 97thRR will be hosting I44 D-Day for a multiplayer coop operation! Check here to sign up and bring your friends! All are welcome and be sure to be on 97th teamspeak at ts3.97thrr.org ! Happy Hunting!

COL. Kolmain

www.97thrr.org

Great mod ruined by under 20 slot COOP MP missions. =[

Its pretty easy to add more units to the missions, it uses F2's platoon structure so all you need to do is ensure the added group names are setup correctly and you should be able to slot in more playable slots easily enough. I tried to give a range of missions for various sizes on release with hopes to increase them as the mod progresses and as feedback rolls in. But if players get there first it saves me a job ;)

after checking the mission myself and not having any CTD's I think the problem he was having related

to loading other mods alongside I44 causing a conflict.

Hmm, I run I44 with A2WarMod which has 117+addons/Mods in it but I dont get any problems or issues.

If I ran what he was running for a mission I think my game would just freeze in lag then crash as I only have a

single core 2.4 and a Nvidia Gtx 260, I agree though he must have a conflict somewhere, I think Rpt would say.

Great mod ruined by under 20 slot COOP MP missions.

one reason to make your own.

The mod is absolutely excellent and i've been playing i44 since OFP! The only thing im finding eh is the kick back on the weapons making it quite difficult killing people. Is this just a realism thing?

Its pretty easy to add more units to the missions, it uses F2's platoon structure so all you need to do is ensure the added group names are setup correctly and you should be able to slot in more playable slots easily enough. I tried to give a range of missions for various sizes on release with hopes to increase them as the mod progresses and as feedback rolls in. But if players get there first it saves me a job ;)

That's just it. I don't want to play COOP MP with a few people. I want a 64 or 64+ player server with no retarded bots. I want pure, orgasmic human vs. human fun, just like you fine on RO, DOD:S (yuck), WWIIONLINE, etc...

Can i use your mods new soundtrack in the new missions I'm making? (Of course for Invasion 1944) They would make great atmosphere for couple missions which are almost ready. (SP again)

Thanks for this awesome mod. Playing with I44 team members was fun. I mostly liked the British Para and D-Day missions.

I think i've found a bug:

If you're running, and decide to throw the grenade. It goes through the anim to throw it. But the guy will never throw the grenade, then, when the anim is over. he will stand still, and re-throw the grenade, but this time actually throwing it. i.e. it takes 2 attempts to throw a grenade whilst running.

or is this a part of arma2 anyway? 'cause i've never spotted it. o.0

I've added the @I44 to the KH YAS Community Repo....for those you like to use addonsync.

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

If you have the AddonSync installed, click on this and add from there -> Kelly's YAS Repos

As Jman mentioned earlier, we've setup a server. So, let us know if you have MP missions so that we can upload.

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

Ok how do I select grenades with these I44 troops? I press F and nothing happens to switch to grenades?

I think i've found a bug:

If you're running, and decide to throw the grenade. It goes through the anim to throw it. But the guy will never throw the grenade, then, when the anim is over. he will stand still, and re-throw the grenade, but this time actually throwing it. i.e. it takes 2 attempts to throw a grenade whilst running.

or is this a part of arma2 anyway? 'cause i've never spotted it. o.0

Yeah, thats A2 fault, intruduced with OA, because of the variable throw distance.

BIS should fix it or disable for good, that animation could get you killed.