Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

None.

just add this to the init line of your units:

Code:

this addWeapon "ItemMap";

Thanks Canukausiuka

it seems the mortar ( A.I. player ) never fired in the game. Any body got the same issue or only for me?

Ya,report the issue here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/inv44/issues

The mortar sites are kinda of weird almost like they dont work.

you can shoot the mortar but the rd lands who knows where, how do you use the mortar sites,

line up the line to where you want to shoot, I would think but nothing seems accurate.

I isolated the bug that causes the omaha map to load slow, hope to have it sorted asap.

always thought something was amiss, but i put it down to objects, but it didnt figure out

right.finally nailed the little bugger.

my new 10k restored omaha map loads in 4 seconds, gonna try and find an older version of the release 5k map, not had much luck tho :( but will be working on fixing it up along with the halloweeny glowing bushes ooooh scary stuff

With the mortars, use the Artillery module. Makes things much better. All the artillery pieces are arty-module compliant, including use as player-called fire missions using SECOM ops manager (see the biki entry for a brief how-to... just swap in the I44 mortars in your mission)

The mortar sites are kinda of weird almost like they dont work.

you can shoot the mortar but the rd lands who knows where, how do you use the mortar sites,

line up the line to where you want to shoot, I would think but nothing seems accurate.

I think the general idea of the mortar sight in conjunction with the Artillery Module (as seen on D+1) the central blue line marks the center drop point of the rounds with the spread denoted by the two far lines either end. The further away the target the larger the drop area. A good way to see the effects is to practice on Utes along the runway that way you can see where your rounds drop.

What I really mean is how to let A.I. provide the mortar fire automatically. You know, Mortor is very important to support infantry during the fights just like in WW2 era. In my game, those poor british paras desperately need Mortar to support their fights before the major Yankee troops arrive..., and usually, I would be a player on side of german.

Edited by FKPLACE

Also hate to nitpick, but the British Sherman IV has got the extra ammunition box on the rear of the turret that only the Firefly should have - also it has the allied white star markings that has been taken off the Firefly, intentional?

And yes, I did all so notice that the British 75mm Sherman have US markings on, where the Firefly have UK triangel on.

I'm currently adding this to dev heaven as I already finished a British marked skin for those shermans! Thanks for letting us know guys :)

Hi everyone!

First off, I love this mod. From the first player I placed in the editor to test it, I just absolutely love it....

But two months ago, I decided to pull the trigger on something I've always wanted to do. Create a WWII unit for ArmA2, for either I44 or Liberation - whichever came first.

The 31st August, we started by setting up the forum. By the release of this mod only a matter of days ago, we were ready to launch.

It would be nice to see other units for this mod as well, could make some interesting unit-vs-unit battles.

The unit we created is the 9.Pz.Div./9.Pz.Afk.

You may wonder what "9.Pz.Div./9.Pz.Afk." means? Well, it means the 9th Panzer Division, 9th Panzer Aufklärung. That means we represent the 9th armoured reconnaissance from the 9th armoured division in the German Wehrmacht.

"So why an armoured reconnaissance?" well, quite frankly, it's damn interesting. The German armoured reconnaissance troops were very attractive for any German unit out there, as these were specialized high-speed scoutingparties which could pack a serious punch.

In this unit, we aim a lot for historical accuracy. Most of our members are WWII interests. We try to stay with original tactics used by the German army, and also German ranks, discipline and an awardsystem that is quite similar to the original one.

And our website:

www.ixdiv.uphero.com

-Uffz. Kretschmer, an I44 lover.

Hi everyone!

Is this an official release to be included as part of I44, or separate?

edit: Wait a sec... I completely misread this. When you said units, I thought you meant extra models.

Edited by bhaz

Is this an official release to be included as part of I44, or separate?

edit: Wait a sec... I completely misread this. When you said units, I thought you meant extra models.

Haha, I can see how that's missread easily.. A UNIT as in a realism clan/squad! :D

-Erwin Kretschmer

I get following error:

"Include file extended_eventhandlers\script_eventhandlers.hpp not found"

Can´t start the game at all with this mod.

I installed, fix1+2, beta patch and play Arrowhead(CO) + Ace.

WaffelO, as mentioned multiple times before the mod is not fully compatible with CO and probably not at all with OA standalone. About ACE I don't know if it is a full conversion but it's likely not a good idea to load ACE and I44 at the same time.

Hello guys.

After checking out the mod and seeing the British Commando units and playing with them for a while on Thirsk, i decided i wanted to do some mission remakes out of Hidden and Dangerous 1, though i might do some out of H&D2 as well.

Right now i've remade the very first mission of H&D1, and i'm gathering music from it's original soundtrack to use (mission win/fail, main theme etc).

I'm sure some of you must have played that gem of a game, so i want to ask: what missions stood out for you, which ones did you really like and why? Which of them could be able to be ported over to ArmA 2?

I think it's best to not derail this thread about this though, so best send me a PM if you have a suggestion.

Hopefully somewhere in the near future i can release a The Hidden and the Dangerous Mission Pack :) ( not using it's exact name, just a hint to the games on purpose ;) )

Quote:

could you please fix bug with I44_Man_G_WH_Medic? He has wrong aim sight with weapon. Therefore i cant use medic in my mission for german side

I'm not too sure what you mean here, the medic shouldn't have a weapon by default and crosshairs should be dependant on the weapon.

He means that you could not use any rifle with the German Medic (Arzt). It is only possible to use Pistols.

That should be fixed very soon, please :o

Greetz,

a Inv44 Lover :cool:

Now I have tryed use INV44 with the Few Mod and WW2 Warship addon along with WX WW2 pack.

It all works fine and seams balanced :)

....H&D1-2
i like all missions of H&D1-2 hehe^^

but all missions inside buildings or in underground are cannot be ported.

I bow to your superior knowledge sir!

Northants Yeomanry - have you read Ken Tout's "Tank! 40 Hours of Battle"? Written in a bit of an unusual style but puts you right in the picture. Also, Stuart Hills' "By tank into Normandy" is another great piece of history from a Sherman tanker.

Thanks Arch' but I would hardly describe myself as superior. Yes I have read Ken Touts books, turns out I owned a house around the corner from where he grew up and where he was evacuated to when he was injured. The model Sherman I did was based on "Stoney Strafford" his first command in C Squadron. Unusual style as you say but a very personal account. Will have to look up the other one you mentioned, thanks for the tip

Nick

Mods not sure we allowed to link to other forums ?? but here is the build thread of the Sherman I did. Good reference links from those forums too.

http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4795

CTD when I make a mission with 4 higgins boast with 36 troops in each and also with 6 MG42 nests as opposition on the Omaha Beach??? The game ctd's when the higgins hit the beach and the troops start to move out.....

I think the pershing came into use in 1945 so maybe a touch late for the focus of the mod, but it never hurts to ask ;)

Oh and with regards to hidden and dangerous missions - 1st campaign, final mission with the train was my favourite :D

Well I must say I hate you lot. I've become addicted to ArmA II since you released this mod. And I'm finding it hard to pull away from my PC.

lol

CTD when I make a mission with 4 higgins boast with 36 troops in each and also with 6 MG42 nests as opposition on the Omaha Beach???

The game ctd's when the higgins hit the beach and the troops start to move out.....

Maybe to much for your CPu and or GPU to render all at once?

Did you test the mission with something smaller, like half the size?

I know for one thing there is an oddity in the higgens boats with the troops, I put 3 squads in 1 and I was among them,

and their uniforms were twitching, was kinda of weird, I'm thinking that might have to do something with your problem, or at least part of it.

Wouldn't really know what to report on it,

I mean its weird but its not breaking the game,not for me anyways.

@Günter Severloh

This is my rig:

Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor, MMX, 3DNow (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 3326MB RAM

Page File: 1132MB used, 34768MB available

DirectX 9.0c

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 with 1280 MB ram

I don't see why it would ctd???