Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

ZEUS #3 (Invasion 44 Mod) Server is running.

How to set up your ArmA2OA + Latest Inv44...

Regarding the Omaha-Island Bug:

The long loading times are caused because of the .pbo wasn't binarised. Binarising the Islands (and all other addons) will decrease their loading times ingame and remove most of the .rpt entries.

Oh, btw: Please update the front post with all the newly released updates/hotfixes, otherwise people will get confused on what they're supposed to download in order to play.

Edited by Mondkalb

Excellent work all round fellas, I've played through a few missions and it's been very enjoyable. A couple of minor observations so far. First the speed of the M1 Garand needs to be increased to be more like the Carbine, the M1 will fire as fast as you can squeeze the trigger. Also the anim for the Sten guns gripping the magazine, Nooooo!!! With the Sten's single column magazine that would cause a stoppage so it was a no no. The barrel shroud was the place to be.

I'm an allied WW2 re-enactor as my main hobby so I've fired most of the allied personal weapons at one time or another so I'm reasonable familiar with them.

Other than that and the Omaha CTD which I have after a team switch it's all pretty mega.

Great work I44 Team.

when tank rds hit another tank and deflects, you see this gigantic tracer bouncing off of the tank,

is there a way to reduce the size of that so its like maybe a oval like ball, or a ball, something small?

You would see this in the Arma version as well.

I get following error:

"Include file extended_eventhandlers\script_eventhandlers.hpp not found"

I installed, fix1+2, beta patch and play Arrowhead(CO) + Ace.

With regards to the Sherman DD, my book on Allied Tanks has few pictures of the DD, lots of text, however I thought I would do a google image search, LOTS of pictures but not one is a DD with the wading trunks fitted (also known as Deep Wading gear).

This particualr link seems to have information on both.

http://uk.ask.com/wiki/DD_tank?qsrc=3044

From what I can see all it would take to do a visually working screen is vertical animations, and of course the tank would have to be marked as a floater

Yep, you're right there! I made a mistake while making this Sherman type version. I cant promise anything, but i'm hoping to pop something out of my sleeve within a upcoming patch.

Mod is great, have tested since yesterday and I am probably done. Only one thing put me into consideration (same as in Arma 1): infantry weapons. Why are they so "heavy", and why are they "floating"? Are you going to fix it?

Inf weapons arn't as bad as they are in Arma1 version, the guns in that version for moving up and down seem to float,

and seemed heavy the recoil on them was rather to much as it would take you longer to recover from a shot then it did

to shoot it, in the current version they still have some heaviness and a little floating but not that much,

guns need some small tweaking.

I found the Mp40 recoil to be a bit much, and not realistic, it seems to climb to much after each shot.

here are couple of vids of mp40:

Mod is great otherwise!

Hey Marss is John still with you guys?

Outstanding work, i cannot point my finger at it, but this mod has something that makes you forget all the little things in ArmA that use to make it feel "old" from time to time. Congrats to that! OA incompatibility outright sucks, nonetheless we´ve had frour grown ups sitting on a ts server from 2000-0300, enduring two endless uploading processes to gameserver just to play this mod. Speaks for itself :D

i44mow.jpg

PS: What do you do wth the paperships?

PS: What do you do wth the paperships?

Heh you found the battleships! They were used for D-Day at the edge of draw distance so were kept super low detail facades so we could place a ton of em without much demand. OA support is in the works and will become the standard version for the mod, part of the reason for this release was so that you guys have something to play with while we transfer over to Combined Operations (standalone OA support isn't likely though sorry!).

guns need some small tweaking.

The weapons behaviour will be high on the list when we transfer over to CO as our current recoil doesn't really work with the in-built CO recoil. So the more feedback about what you like and don't like about the current setup will help us improve it for future releases.

Whats up with the white outlinings of those chains?

I believe that issue crept in when some major fixes went into the tanks concerning transparency and I think those two panzer IV's got slightly missed, its on our list :)

Cheers to Havoc Company and all the other public servers for supporting the mod, had a blast earlier really nice to see the missions filled out finally!

Edited by PacUK

This is going to be an impressive mod and something that the engine is far better suited for than a modern warfare scenario.

Well done, looking forward to the development of this

There are some issues

1) The sounds need some attention. Specifically the ability to detect whether a sound is from a distance or close up

2) Some vehicle weapons need the ability to view down the sites, so that you can fire with some accuracy. Running a server without crosshairs makes it impossible to reign down fire for example in the halftracks equipped with Mg42's etc

A selection of serverside RPT errors for you

Running beta 74630 in a combined ops environment

Version 1.54.74631

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Item STR_WEST listed twice

Item STR_EAST listed twice

Item STR_GUERRILA listed twice

Item STR_CIVILIAN listed twice

Item STR_SKILL_NOVICE listed twice

Item STR_SKILL_ROOKIE listed twice

Item STR_SKILL_RECRUIT listed twice

Item STR_SKILL_VETERAN listed twice

Item STR_SKILL_EXPERT listed twice

Item STR_RADIO_ALPHA listed twice

Item STR_RADIO_BRAVO listed twice

Item STR_RADIO_CHARLIE listed twice

Item STR_RADIO_DELTA listed twice

Item STR_RADIO_ECHO listed twice

Item STR_RADIO_FOXTROT listed twice

Item STR_RADIO_GOLF listed twice

Item STR_RADIO_HOTEL listed twice

Item STR_RADIO_INDIA listed twice

Item STR_RADIO_JULIET listed twice

Item STR_PLAY_WEST listed twice

Item STR_PLAY_EAST listed twice

Item STR_PLAY_GUERRILA listed twice

Item STR_MPROLE_TITLE_WEST listed twice

Item STR_MPROLE_TITLE_EAST listed twice

Item STR_MPROLE_TITLE_RESIST listed twice

Item STR_MPROLE_TITLE_CIVIL listed twice

Item STR_DISP_MPSETUP_ROLES_WEST listed twice

Item STR_DISP_MPSETUP_ROLES_EAST listed twice

Item STR_DISP_MPSETUP_ROLES_GUERRILA listed twice

Item STR_DISP_MPSETUP_ROLES_CIVILIAN listed twice

Item STR_AILEVEL_NOVICE listed twice

Item STR_AILEVEL_NORMAL listed twice

Item STR_AILEVEL_EXPERT listed twice

Item STR_AILEVEL_CUSTOM listed twice

Item STR_MSG_MP_W_ASSIGN listed twice

Item STR_MSG_MP_E_ASSIGN listed twice

Item STR_MSG_MP_R_ASSIGN listed twice

Item STR_MSG_MP_C_ASSIGN listed twice

Item STR_SENSORACTIV_ALPHA listed twice

Item STR_SENSORACTIV_BRAVO listed twice

Item STR_SENSORACTIV_CHARLIE listed twice

Item STR_SENSORACTIV_DELTA listed twice

Item STR_SENSORACTIV_ECHO listed twice

Item STR_SENSORACTIV_FOXTROT listed twice

Item STR_SENSORACTIV_GOLF listed twice

Item STR_SENSORACTIV_HOTEL listed twice

Item STR_SENSORACTIV_INDIA listed twice

Item STR_SENSORACTIV_JULIET listed twice

Item STR_SENSORTYPE_GUARD_EAST listed twice

Item STR_SENSORTYPE_GUARD_WEST listed twice

Item STR_SENSORTYPE_GUARD_GUERRILA listed twice

Item STR_LOAD_INIT listed twice

Item STR_LOAD_WORLD listed twice

Item STR_LOAD_MISSION listed twice

Item STR_LOAD_INTRO listed twice

Item STR_LOAD_GAME listed twice

Item STR_EAST_SEIZED listed twice

Item STR_WEST_SEIZED listed twice

Item STR_GUERRILA_SEIZED listed twice

Item STR_DISP_GAME_WEST listed twice

Item STR_DISP_GAME_EAST listed twice

Item STR_DISP_GAME_GUERRILA listed twice

Item STR_DISP_SRVSIDE_WEST listed twice

Item STR_DISP_SRVSIDE_EAST listed twice

Item STR_DISP_SRVSIDE_RESIST listed twice

Item STR_DISP_SRVSIDE_CIVIL listed twice

Item STR_DISP_ARCSENS_DETWEST listed twice

Item STR_DISP_ARCSENS_DETEAST listed twice

Item STR_DISP_ARCSENS_DETGUERRILA listed twice

Item STR_DISP_ARCSENS_DETCIVILIAN listed twice

Item STR_DISP_INTEL_EDIT_GUERILLA listed twice

Item STR_DISP_INTEL_WEST_FRIENDLY listed twice

Item STR_DISP_INTEL_EAST_FRIENDLY listed twice

Item STR_DN_Bunker listed twice

Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_MG42_R67L listed twice

Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_PaK40_R67L listed twice

Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_PaK40_R67R listed twice

Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_FlaK36_R272 listed twice

Item STR_DN_PLANE listed twice

Item STR_DN_PARACHUTE listed twice

Item //COMMENT listed twice

Item str_dn_vickers listed twice

Item str_dn_mode_fullauto listed twice

Item str_dn_mode_burst listed twice

Item str_position_reargunner listed twice

Item str_position_frontgunner listed twice

Item str_dn_radio listed twice

Item str_dn_tent listed twice

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I44_Tank_A_M4A3_Sherman_DD/Turrets/Turret_Main/Turrets/Turret_Loader/: Turret body Turret_Loader_Spin not found while initializing the model i44_vehicle_m4_sherman\i44_vehicle_m4a3_shermandd.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I44_Tank_A_M4A3_Sherman_DD/Turrets/Turret_Main/Turrets/Turret_Loader/: Turret gun Turret_Loader_Rise not found while initializing the model i44_vehicle_m4_sherman\i44_vehicle_m4a3_shermandd.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwIV_G_Skirt/Turrets/Turret_Main/Turrets/Turret_Loader/: Turret body Turret_Loader_Spin not found while initializing the model i44_vehicle_pzkpfwiv\i44_vehicle_pzkpfwiv_g.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwIV_G_Skirt/Turrets/Turret_Main/Turrets/Turret_Loader/: Turret gun Turret_Loader_Rise not found while initializing the model i44_vehicle_pzkpfwiv\i44_vehicle_pzkpfwiv_g.p3d

Error: selection end missing in memory LOD of model i44_buildings\walls\outside_bog.p3d

Error: selection end missing in memory LOD of model i44_buildings\walls\whitewashwall_largearch.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwIV_G/Turrets/Turret_Main/Turrets/Turret_Loader/: Turret body Turret_Loader_Spin not found while initializing the model i44_vehicle_pzkpfwiv\i44_vehicle_pzkpfwiv_g.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwIV_G/Turrets/Turret_Main/Turrets/Turret_Loader/: Turret gun Turret_Loader_Rise not found while initializing the model i44_vehicle_pzkpfwiv\i44_vehicle_pzkpfwiv_g.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I44_ACar_A_M8_Greyhound/Turrets/Turret_HullMG/: Turret body Turret_HullMG_Spin not found while initializing the model i44_vehicle_m8_greyhound\i44_vehicle_m8_greyhound.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I44_ACar_A_M8_Greyhound/Turrets/Turret_HullMG/: Turret gun Turret_HullMG_Rise not found while initializing the model i44_vehicle_m8_greyhound\i44_vehicle_m8_greyhound.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I44_Tank_A_M4A3_Sherman/Turrets/Turret_Main/Turrets/Turret_Loader/: Turret body Turret_Loader_Spin not found while initializing the model i44_vehicle_m4_sherman\i44_vehicle_m4a3_sherman.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I44_Tank_A_M4A3_Sherman/Turrets/Turret_Main/Turrets/Turret_Loader/: Turret gun Turret_Loader_Rise not found while initializing the model i44_vehicle_m4_sherman\i44_vehicle_m4a3_sherman.p3d

Bad conversion: scalar

Warnings in i44_buildings\schoolhouse_outbuilding.p3d:11000

Warning: i44_buildings\enterable_richpersonfarm.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2171, 2170, 2172

Warning: i44_buildings\enterable_richpersonfarm.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2174, 2173, 2175

Warning: i44_buildings\enterable_richpersonfarm.p3d:7 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 139, 226, 61

Warnings in i44_buildings\enterable_richpersonfarm.p3d:11000

Warning: i44_buildings\walls\stonewall_end.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 30, 28, 7

Warning: i44_buildings\walls\stonewall_end.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 3, 7, 28

Warning: i44_buildings\walls\stonewall_end.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5, 2, 32

Warning: i44_buildings\walls\stonewall_end.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 31, 32, 2

Warning: i44_buildings\walls\stonewall_short.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 15, 11, 9

Warning: i44_buildings\walls\stonewall_short.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5, 9, 11

Warning: i44_buildings\walls\stonewall_short.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 7, 4, 13

Warning: i44_buildings\walls\stonewall_short.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 10, 13, 4

No class I44_B_762x63_Mix

No ammo class I44_B_762x63_Mix

Tree at 2840.000, 527.587 out of grid (x-axis) - 0.000 rounded to 2

i44_buildings\walls\lapmpost.p3d: streetlamp, config class missing

Unknown flag AlphaInstancing

i44_buildings\walls\lapmpost.p3d: streetlamp, config class missing

I44_GunAT_G_PaK40_WH: Wheel_LF - unknown animation source wheel

I44_Car_A_WillysMB_Army: Turret_Main_Spin - unknown animation source Turret_Main_Spin

I44_Car_A_WillysMB_Army: Turret_Main_Rise - unknown animation source Turret_Main_Rise

I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Fuel_Army: TailGate - unknown animation source tailgate_source

I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Repair_Army: TailGate - unknown animation source tailgate_source

Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\pne\stp\non\non\amovppnemstpsnonwnondnon.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: i44_toinjured

Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\pne\stp\non\non\amovppnemstpsnonwnondnon_healed.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: i44_injuredhealed

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: i44_base_v\rtm\nestmg_gunner.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: i44_kia_nestmg_gunner

Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\pne\stp\non\non\amovppnemstpsnonwnondnon.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovppnemstpsnonwnondnon

class HitPoints::HitLTrack not found in I44_GunAT_G_PaK40_WH

class HitPoints::HitRTrack not found in I44_GunAT_G_PaK40_WH

class HitPoints::HitLTrack not found in I44_GunMortar_G_GrW34_WH

class HitPoints::HitRTrack not found in I44_GunMortar_G_GrW34_WH

class HitPoints::HitLTrack not found in I44_GunMortar_A_M2_Army

class HitPoints::HitRTrack not found in I44_GunMortar_A_M2_Army

class HitPoints::HitLTrack not found in I44_GunAA_G_FlaK38_WL

class HitPoints::HitRTrack not found in I44_GunAA_G_FlaK38_WL

class HitPoints::HitLTrack not found in I44_GunMG_G_MG42_Bipod_WH

class HitPoints::HitRTrack not found in I44_GunMG_G_MG42_Bipod_WH

class HitPoints::HitLTrack not found in I44_GunMG_G_MG42_Nest_WH

class HitPoints::HitRTrack not found in I44_GunMG_G_MG42_Nest_WH

class HitPoints::HitLTrack not found in I44_GunMG_G_MG42_Tripod_WH

class HitPoints::HitRTrack not found in I44_GunMG_G_MG42_Tripod_WH

class HitPoints::HitLTrack not found in I44_GunAA_G_FlaK36_Pintle_AT_WL

class HitPoints::HitRTrack not found in I44_GunAA_G_FlaK36_Pintle_AT_WL

class HitPoints::HitLTrack not found in I44_GunMG_B_Vickers_Army

class HitPoints::HitRTrack not found in I44_GunMG_B_Vickers_Army

In Vehicle: i44_vehicle_c47\i44_vehicle_c47.p3d missing driver get in direction point

In Vehicle: i44_vehicle_c47\i44_vehicle_c47.p3d missing cargo get in direction point

In Vehicle: i44_vehicle_c47\i44_vehicle_c47.p3d missing gunner get in direction point

In Vehicle: i44_vehicle_m3_stuart\i44_vehicle_m3_stuart.p3d missing driver get in direction point

In Vehicle: i44_weapon_vickers\i44_static_vickers_tripod.p3d missing gunner get in direction point

Type I44_GunAA_G_FlaK36_Pintle_AT_WL, model i44_static_flak36\i44_static_flak36_pintle.p3d - structure of turrets in config does not match the skeleton

Type I44_GunAT_G_PaK40_WH, model i44_static_pak40\i44_static_pak40.p3d - structure of turrets in config does not match the skeleton

Edited by Terox

It was a pleasure to play with some of the Dev team earlier too, thanks Pac and the gang!

I really like this Mod! Finally he is here and he is good!

Looks like you can run it with OA but is it still recommended to use the regular Arma2? Are there any (small) PvP-Maps yet? Never liked the Arma-KI and I want to try this out with my friends.

Even a basic CTF map would do.

Several things may not work properly under OA. I've already started an OA compatibility portion, and I hope that in the next few weeks we can get a fully ArmA2:CO-compliant version. I do not believe the mod will function under standalone OA (none of the dev team has standalone OA, so we haven't tested it).

I push it since it got buried.

Hmmm, those look like ghostly chains of Halloween? :eek:

seems the apha channel forgot what order it's in.

Hmmm, those look like ghostly chains of Halloween? :eek:

seems the apha channel forgot what order it's in.

So can you reproduce the error? Or did I do something wrong?

By the way, the chains on the back of the Panzer IV D are ok, only the ones on the G models have these issue.

Hey Marss is John still with you guys?

John's as far as we know still alive ;) But not under the term Inv44 any longer.

He decided to stop his work for our mod, sadly but try.

But dont bother it too long, enjoy the mod!

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

By the way, the chains on the back of the Panzer IV D are ok, only the ones on the G models have these issue.

It's an alpha layer error we simply didn't see, inside the Oxygen editor you need to get all the alpha layers on top of your model. If you place the model on top of the alpha layers.. it will look like this in the end ;)

Yep, you're right there! I made a mistake while making this Sherman type version. I cant promise anything, but i'm hoping to pop something out of my sleeve within a upcoming patch.

The version with the Wading kit, does exactly whats its supposed to do, has a great deep wade on it. (tested driving off a LCT Mk 5...)

Corker of a mod - looks super. Thanks to the dev team. Hmmmm, sentry elimination rifle... cool, now my Hidden & Dangerous coop missions can become reality.....

Only small complaint I have is that the weapon sounds (particularly the British weapons (i recognise the tinny N.4 sound from the previous Arma release) are pretty weak and need beefing up. If someone releases a sound mod pack for this I think it'll definately be my fav. mod so far!

Btw. are you planning to release your updates via Yoma AddonSync as well (especially if you plan to update it often)?

Just asking.

When you have started the game the version N° is in the top right hand corner of the options menu...

:yay: