Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

Really great mod so far, havent been able to watch it all yet.

My first impression was the the detail was very impressive. Did a few rounds around the tank to look at the tracks and such. Really top notch.

One thing I would change though is the AT shell explosions from tank guns. Since most of the actual wwii tank AT shells didnt have explosives of any kind I would think it would be better to have a 20mm hit effect with them instead. It would also increase the visual effect of seeing the enemy tank blow up on the hit, or, if its planned later, be better in regards to shell deflection. Right now you just see a huge HE like explosion on/in front of the tank which dosent look real.

Bugs:

*Medium long range the track wheels on some tanks turn white.

Hey guys, seems my body let me get a couple hours sleep, I hope version 2.2 has been working for you all for the most part at least!

Omaha beach...." "...too flat, and the waterline is far too steep.

-ARMA (which this was a mod for and has been converted from) didn't handle the sea too well, hopefully at some point we can put a bit more of a slant on the beach to give a better effect, but don't expect rolling waves up to the shingle anytime soon ;)

Please rename the M4A3(DD) Sherman to M4A3 Sherman Wading (to reflect its Wading kit NOT DD!!!)

The Sherman Duplex Drive is a rather different Sherman (and one I wish you had done hence I noticed.)

-Never heard of a wading sherman, as far as I'm aware our DD's have just had the propellors removed and don't include the material skirting that was raised above the turret before beaching. But if you can provide some info on this I'm sure our modellers can get a handle on one or the other at some point (I still want a cloth skirt on the DD so they really can swim!)

I seem to have a leFH 18, which looks like a FlaK36, is this supposed to be here yet (since its looking like a temporary placeholder model?

-Yeah this is a placeholder unit as is the allied howitzer, these will be replaced in the future with working artillery, for now they should be able to be used as off-screen artillery with the arty support module, like our mortars. Though I never got around to testing it very deeply myself.

Also that pdf...

LCM 3 has diagram of a LCT Mk 5 not the LCM 3 (I know them rather well, I got one under construction, the LCT Mk 5 I mean!)

-Thats just me being ill-attentive and lazy trying to find a quicky plan to paste in the corner. The general idea of the document was to give new players a rough silohuette of the vehicles in the mod so they could identify them in the field.

Sorry about the negative bits guys, I sort of been wargaming that June 1944 period for around 16 years, and thus know more than any normal person since I been modelling and painting many vehicles, tanks and troops from both sides.

-No need to worry, but it does beg the question... when you gonna come an apply to join I44 so you can help with these issues? :D Glad you're enjoying what you have so far!

Still an issue with the M1903A3 Springfield + M1 with build 2.2.

-Yeah this wasn't something I was looking to fix last night but we'll put it onto the ole list of bugs to crush! (For now just use the Garand GL!)

Medium long range the track wheels on some tanks turn white.

-Shoulda seen 'em when the turned black from small arms fire :D But yeah we got this and hopefully can fix in the future i believe its LOD issue... let us know how they look up close.... ;)

-Thanks for the link b17 will be sure to get SFG to add it to the main list!

AND MAKE PLS POINT DU HOC

-I dread to think how we'd do an effective scaleable cliff in ARMA2... here's a deal, I'll make it, if you go and make us a working climbable grappling hook? :D

Really do appreciate the feedback all, please make full use of dev-heaven to report bugs we'll be able to track them better than on the forums here!

Have a great weekend invading France! If you see me on any public servers, tell me to get back to bed and sleep... not that I will!

Edited by PacUK

Nice Release.

Are the bolt anims classified as animations or gestures?

The MG42 (tripod) sight have no crosshair.

The recoil on the carriable MG weapons is way too strong imho, as we dont have the possibilty to mount it anwhere, means doesent metter if i go prone, crouch or stand the recoil is almost same, measn it is almost useless (i guess it is a split between RL History & Gameplay again ...)

The smoke grenades use the same paa in equipment, means for those not beeing native german and dont know the token for NbHgr -> Nebel Handgrante (-> correct Nebelkerze) -> smoke grenade its identifiction could be a bit tricky, or is it already in string in the stringtable?

I guess same belongs to the remaing grenades.

PzKpfw VI mg34 has a black triagle in commander sight, when using same direction view as the gunner.

The 75 mm PAK has the same problem but instaed a triangle it is a black square.

I really like the solutionu used for the loader seat in the StuG III, as he can use the Mg34 on ly if the hatch got opened, would be great if that could be adopted to the Tiger too.

U added the MG there after ArmA1 due to new functions in the engine?

But well this are just minor issues i noticed, so nothing to really bother about.

I think this observations should better go into the CIT/inv44 .....

well, just my 2 cents after 5 mins playing.

Thx for all ya work and invested time.

tested on:ArmA2 Vanilla + req Beta.

Edited by Nephris1

With the large MG's you should find a dramatic drop in the recoil when prone, proper crew served/deployable weapons will be implemented hopefully at some point to alleviate the issue of using it at different heights. I think Macolik's also been working on something special in regards to the larger mg's!

Yeah the round names can confuse me too i was hoping to include a section in the preview to identify these but was just a bit too short on time (it came to bug-fixing missions or the PDF). Maybe some kind German speaking soul will provide some descriptions... or spend some time on the firing range and in the editor familiarising yourself with the round types.

Edited by PacUK

ok a few things..

Omaha beach, well the beach has a few issues....

I hope to at some point retore the map to its original complete beach,but ArmA2 really is OFP dressed up, for what it's worth, imagine making a football out of cardboard box = visitor2

although I am toying with the idea of a very large map, see below, whether it would be any good for MP is another matter.

http://ukgangsters.com/i44/normandy1.jpg

Beautiful as it is, populating that without the use of some freaky algorithm is near impossible,

notice the objects highlighted in the corner right? thats the Omaha map we use atm.

every object was carefully placed,hedge, house etc

If a random algorithm is used, it wouldn't be geometrically or historically correct.

Also the loading times? I dont think Visitor could even do it.

Edited by jojimbo

"Are the bolt anims classified as animations or gestures?"

-Yes the bolt anims are gestures, otherwise you wouldn't be able to walk while the animation is running.

Thanks, downloading now! :)

To be honest, Ive never played with any mod from WW2, but cant wait to try this! :bounce3:

New on front page at Armed Assault.info

Link to mirror :

Invasion 1944 - DDay (v 2.0) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1576

Invasion 1944 v2.1 Hotfix (v 2.1) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1577

Invasion 1944 v2.1 Hotfix (v 2.2) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1578

Link to the needed ArmA2 Beta :

ARMA2 Beta Patch 72588 : ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_Build_72588.zip

I'm still stuck unforunately. When I try and load CO with this mod I get an instant CTD with the message:

Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

Apparently it has something to do with the shortcut and a 'pax line', but I have no idea what that means...? :confused:

Appreciate any help someone could offer?

That makes no sense, so what are we supposed to do revert to the very first build for Arma2, or am I missing something here?

I have Combined Operations, that is I installed ArmA 2, Patch 1.07, Arrowhead, Patch 1.54, and British Armed Forces, (in that order), and the mod works perfectly.

Many only install ArmA 2 and then Arrowhead, but while it works, you then only have ArmA 2 version 1.06, not 1.07.

Edited by Altimeter

The ONLY line you should be running is this

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta;@I44 -nosplash

Confirmed working with no crashes for me, running with CO causes problems, so don't do it.

GREAT, thank you for the release!!! :D

Finally the waiting is over...

Congratulations, guys!

For info:

Addons/DAC_Sounds.pbo is not signed and therefore we cannot run our I44 dedicated with signature checking enabled until this is rectified.

Many thanks.

-No need to worry, but it does beg the question... when you gonna come an apply to join I44 so you can help with these issues? :D Glad you're enjoying what you have so far!

Sorry them models I referred too are plastic or metal (both 1:72 and 1:300!)

Also due to a number of personal issues I cannot commit to any team, even if I wanted to.

This does not mean that some of the work I do for myself may actually suit others...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

With regards to the Sherman DD, my book on Allied Tanks has few pictures of the DD, lots of text, however I thought I would do a google image search, LOTS of pictures but not one is a DD with the wading trunks fitted (also known as Deep Wading gear).

This particualr link seems to have information on both.

http://uk.ask.com/wiki/DD_tank?qsrc=3044

From what I can see all it would take to do a visually working screen is vertical animations, and of course the tank would have to be marked as a floater

The deep wading kit as you may gather can actually be applied to many of the allied tanks.

This lot may help too

http://www.strijdbewijs.nl/hinder/hobarteng.htm

Edited by CBFASI

Addons/DAC_Sounds.pbo is not signed and therefore we cannot run our I44 dedicated with signature checking enabled until this is rectified.

Yeah I dunno why but it just refuses to sign when I try to do, afaik its not actually used, you may get a couple errors of sounds not found (voices hear when AI give commands to DAC squads) but for the most part I replaced those with german/american voices so you may be able to just remove the file (and we may remove the file from the mod if it continues to cause issues). Its my first time dealing with key's personally so still learning my way with them.

Sorry them models I referred too are plastic or metal (both 1:72 and 1:300!)

Damn! Might be nice reference though ;)

First thank you for this great addon!

I got one big problem: Whether with arma2 or combined operations i could not load the map omaha. After loading - nothing happens. i hit ESC but nothing happens. The units work on all the other maps - but they dont really fit. ;-)

modorder: -mod=beta;@i44

Yeah I dunno why but it just refuses to sign when I try to do, afaik its not actually used, you may get a couple errors of sounds not found (voices hear when AI give commands to DAC squads) but for the most part I replaced those with german/american voices so you may be able to just remove the file (and we may remove the file from the mod if it continues to cause issues). Its my first time dealing with key's personally so still learning my way with them.

I can remove it from the server install but that in itself will not fix the issue since clients will not remove it and it's the client's pbo signatures that the server checks against.

Occasionally I get the same issue where 3rd party .pbos will not sign - it depends on what was used to sign it in the first place.

May I suggest that you unpbo the dac_sounds.pbo with cpbo and then re-pbo it. It should then sign with no issues.

Excellent thank you!

Kellys Heroes Dedicated Invasion 1944 Server

Edited by [KH]Jman

Kellys Heroes Dedicated Invasion 1944 Server

Thank you!

I got one big problem: Whether with arma2 or combined operations i could not load the map omaha. After loading - nothing happens. i hit ESC but nothing happens

A few people have mentioned this problem and I'm not too sure whats causing it myself, you could try checking your RPT file to see if there's anything specific at the end after a failed load of Omaha. You could try maybe lowering graphics settings and see if that has any affect, also depending on your system specs it may take 5 minutes or so to load omaha at the far end of the scale.

If you're loading the editor is it night time? if its a moonless night its pretty much pitch black (I used setAperture on Aloft and OpTarbrush to get a brighter darkness). The only other things I can really think of are try downloading again perhaps the version you have didn't download correctly, and make sure you're using the recent patches to the mod. Good luck!