Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

This is actually running perfectly fine for me so far, apart from Omaha taking a pretty damn long time to load despite the progress bar filling to 100%. Very high quality mod you guys have here. Looking forward to updates!

Patch on hold. :/

Edited by SFG

That was fast, SFG. :eek:

I've noticed so far that the Springfield scope's glass is white (read: missing a texture) and the M1 Garand + M7 fires like a bolt action weapon. As a side note: I really like the menu cutscenes for Omaha (and I like Omaha itself, of course).

Very nice job I44 guys. Very nice Job. Ohama beach is crashing al time, but I can play other maps too. The battles are real fun, creating a DAC config already for your units.

That was fast, SFG. :eek:

I've noticed so far that the Springfield scope's glass is white (read: missing a texture) and the M1 Garand + M7 fires like a bolt action weapon. As a side note: I really like the menu cutscenes for Omaha (and I like Omaha itself, of course).

Heh yeah the patch should of been in the installer, but I basically overlooked it packing things up at 3am this morning doh!

The Garand with M7 should fire like that, I asked the question myself heh, it operated slightly differently for the ability to pump off the grenade basically, hopefully we can get an animation in for the bolt at some stage like the other rifles. I'm pretty sure the springfield bug will be fixed in the upcoming hotfix!

Is there a new island in the mod ?

Yes, there is Omaha Beach, and it is nice. :D

The Garand with M7 should fire like that, I asked the question myself heh, it operated slightly differently for the ability to pump off the grenade basically, hopefully we can get an animation in for the bolt at some stage like the other rifles. I'm pretty sure the springfield bug will be fixed in the upcoming hotfix!

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Guess you learn something new every day. Nice to know you're resolving the Springfield bug already, heh.

You can use different color effects too - using our templated modules.

YES! YES!

Downloading the shiz out of this, shall report back if I can tear myself away from the screen.

Players having no maps is actually realistic!

Only officers had maps, so if you are on your own, try to nick one, otherwise, get someone to play as the officer, and stick by them for direction ;)

We were waiting for it so long time. So, today is "D-Day" for all of us ;)

big thanks to you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice job I44 guys. Very nice Job. Ohama beach is crashing al time, but I can play other maps too. The battles are real fun, creating a DAC config already for your units.

Do you get any specific error with Omaha? Is it crashing immediately or after some time/certain locations/actions?

There are several DAC configs available if you de-pbo the mission files (Mp Missions - Paras, D-Day, and D+1 for german ones, and the SP Missions Scharfschutze for an american dac config) - also theres some for sounds using german/american voices.

I've noticed so far that the Springfield scope's glass is white (read: missing a texture)

Yeah this is my bad heh, the coming very soon as soon as last min tests and then uploads are done patch should solve it! Sorry again for the need for the hotfix guys!

(Patch also fixes issue with OpTarbrush mission which was CTD'ing).

there is a little bug: soldiers have no map! So you were not able to look at the map!

This is an intended feature only Officers get the map item, you can add it to a unit using:

this addWeapon "itemmap";

Edited by PacUK

HAVOC mirror down for now, using 100% of our network bandwidth and eating the dedi!

Feel free to join our dedicated server.

Edited by rexehuk

I just discovered the bolt action animations module. I am in love.

The animations seem to stop playing once you reach two remaining bullets in your clip, however. :p

Do you get any specific error with Omaha? Is it crashing immediately or after some time/certain locations/actions?

Same trouble here (ARmA2 only, right target and shortcut), it crashes as soon as the map is loaded, and it says something about flowers...sorry can't check ATM.

Apart from this, it really gives me the feeling i had playing the old I44 demo in OFP. So i'm happy :bounce3:

Let us know if the problems with Omaha continue after the just waiting to be distributed patch comes out. If it still doesn't solve it provide us with a screencap or just a log from the RPT file so we can track the issue down.

Agh...Crash to desktop when starting...

Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

Help?

EDIT: It's because I'm using CO, the mod only seems to work with ARMA2 on it's own.

Edited by Sky999

@Sky you have some problems with the desktop icon, see pacs line, then it'll work.

Pacs line?

Btw, the mission with the British paras defending the town is a work of art!