Sign in to follow this  
SteveJA

Pound of ground?

Well, Steve, you just had the first post and you didn't go: "First".

My hat is off to you, dear sir.

Now, I would also like to know what the hell all the ruccous is about.

EDIT:

Well, I googled it and there is indeed a game by that name in development over at a company called Akella, not sure why we have a forum section for an Akella game over here tho.

http://en.akella.com/Game.aspx?id=37

Edited by Hund

Since im at work and most sites are blocked, What is Pound of Ground? sounds like what id expect a WWI game be named.

Copypasta:

Johnny Meyer, the main hero of the game finds himself at an abandoned farm in the desert. He remembers nothing. Why is he here? Why are his hands equipped with a baseball bat? And why are there so many zombies roaming around? He has found a car and a pistol and is heading into his native Snake City. Almost all of the residents of the town have disappeared or escaped. The few that remain have told Johnny that the zombies have established some strange generator that emits yellow fog. Anyone who comes in contact with this fog becomes a zombie …

Game features:

* The original mix of almost all of the game genres combined in a single project.

* Tasty western – with crowds of fighting zombies and a large selection of weapons

* Racing in the mid-western desert

* RPG-elements: an opportunity to make improvements in car-transformer and weapons.

* Mad history of the zombie invasion with non-political, and black humor

And what about the othe Forums sections, part of this game or not??

Sorry double post :)

Cheers

Sound slightly different to ARMA 2

Hell we might even see a zombie patch/DLC, that would make a few here happy lol.

Edited by SteveJA360

"The Back catalouge" forum section is for the games previously released by Centauri, Altar and Black Element Software.

It doesn't look too awsome...

Looking at the back catalogue, Alpha Prime and UFO series seem decent, but the rest is kinda subpar IMHO...

I noticed Sprocket is now Store.BIstudio.com...

Looks interesting - I might by it for my 5 year old nephew and then sneak a play or two to give it a try. :p

EDIT: After watching the trailer, this might be a little bit too gory for him... I'll have to keep my eye on this.

Edited by Praelium

Looks interesting - I might by it for my 5 year old nephew and then sneak a play or two to give it a try. :p

EDIT: After watching the trailer, this might be a little bit too gory for him... I'll have to keep my eye on this.

I believe it also contains strong language so perhaps not best for kids ;)

I wish BIS would make a realistic open-world dynamic zombie sim, it would be survival-horror at it's very best, i'd bet. This cartoony stuff doesnt work for me.

Myke;1781919']Realistic? Zombie? WTF??? :D

Well' date=' despite zombies not being realistic, I agree with SiC-Disaster. A [i']mostly[/i] realistic open world zombie survival game would be awesome. :)

Well, despite zombies not being realistic, I agree with SiC-Disaster. A mostly realistic open world zombie survival game would be awesome. :)

It was just a joke. Although i guess it would turn out to be another L4D copy in the end. But this is only my very own personal opinion.

This cartoony stuff doesnt work for me.

Neither for Me. I actually find the art direction weird and somewhat cheap. I don't mind a stylized comic look vs realistic approach when done right, but I just find those screens not very pleasing to the eye.

Edited by EricM

dwardenpog.jpg

Doing some testing are we? ;)

all the time ... trying help people etc.

Looks somewhat compelling... and of course buying will help BIS fund future development efforts.

that's very old obsolete screenshot

now they more subtle glowy :)