Sign in to follow this  
Kiki

[CAMP] operation persian hammer

968274ophlogo412.jpg

Here's the User Mission thread for the persian hammer campaign ;)

Synopsis:

In October of 1988, In Takistan, Salem Yussef, a dictator and military general sends troops to attack the US embassy. All communications are broken between the Embassy and Washington. us troops Settled in the Island of Malden and who fought during the Everon conflict in 1985, Send several ships in the Green Sea and deploys troops in Kirstan, a country near Takistan. After a few days of tensions, The operation called “Persian hammer†is started, it consists of sending US special forces behind the enemy lines to destroy all the communications to permit the USMC invasion at different key locations. At the same time, Yussef Send mobile missile launchers “SCUD†on Israël. Their allied being attacked, The USA must answer fast.

Operation Persian Hammer 1.2:

part1

part2

thanks to armaholic for mirroring my campaign

Known issues:

ph_troy_c3.desert mission crashs because I wrote it wrong in the description.ext of the campaign.

It will be fixed in the next release of course but you can fix it by yourself until that release ;)

to resolve it : unpbo the ph campaign file, edit the description.ext and replace the ph_troy_c3.desert by ph_troy_c3.desert_E, save and repbo the whole thing.

Required Addons

p85 config

p85 vehicles

p85 units

p85 weapons

We need you !:

modellers

texture artists

Translators

78945612366.jpg

Edited by Kiki

Error Mission at start : Ph troy C3 Desert

CTD With "Error in campaign structure"

Co 1.54

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1777878&postcount=211

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1778293&postcount=220

yeah, that done the trick.

For those with the same problem, unpack the pbo with anyone of these tools:

cpbo

pbo view

or

Eliteness

Then open up the PHCAMPAIGN file, then open up the "description.ext" with note pad.

Then scroll down until you find this

class p23: MissionDefault
	{
		end1 = p24;
		end2 = p24;
		end3 = I2;
		end4 = p2B;
		end5 = p2B;
		end6 = p2B;
		lost = p23;
		template = PH_Troy_C3.Desert;

And where it says "PH_Troy_C3.Desert;"

Change it to "PH_Troy_C3.Desert_E" by simple adding "_E".

"Desert_E" is the actual name of the island, so the game isn't recognizing "desert".

Hope that helps those that don't wanna wait until kiki updates AGAIN. ;)

I actually liking this. The full metal jacket style boot camp to start the game off was a nice touch and it mirrored the first ever mission in operation flashpoint all those years ago which was nostalgic. Blending chernerus with takistan was also good and the fact you passed it off as malden worked.

Really like the campaign... thanks! This is something that OA should have shipped with.

In first mission couldnt destroy radioantenna, probably mods fault.

yeah there is a slight bug with the objective registering the antenna has been destroyed. i tried that about 5 times and had to 'end mission' it. havent found any other bugs yet

dude, you just made my day!

when i figured out that i´ll have to navigate by the stars. first i thought you have forgotten to give a map & compass, but then i thought, okay let´s just try it.

thanks for your work!

Edited by snafu2

Very good campaign so far.

I'm at the mission now where I have to destroy the Shilka in the "shithole".

I didn't get what the first misson on Skalisty Island was meant for. Hmm, maybe there will be an explanation when I play on. Then there is a bug like something config/weapon but I think this is connected to P85 mod?

Did anybody get this error too?

Playing with ACE2/GL4/ASR/JTD 1.55 CO

BTW, I'm very surprised this campaign didn't get more topic posts and advertising. It's really good. Although some missions are very short and finish too soon.

Main point I would improve, is to do more explanation (can be in text) what is actually going on. The story didn't come over until now IMHO.

Very good campaign so far.

I'm at the mission now where I have to destroy the Shilka in the "shithole".

I didn't get what the first misson on Skalisty Island was meant for. Hmm, maybe there will be an explanation when I play on. Then there is a bug like something config/weapon but I think this is connected to P85 mod?

In the mission on Skalisty Island, you're playing a us spec op sent to rescue a soviet informant who has informations about a secret nuclear weapon made by the CCCP.

this is linked to the campaign because in a mission, you're sent in a desert between Iraq and Iran where a soviet warship which were carrying one of these nuclear warheads has been destroyed. Finaly you find some intel revealing that these nuclear warheads have been stolen by the Takistani special forces. but as most of the time you're playing an USMC soldier you don't know anything about that.

Best Campaign in arma I ever play! Thanks a lot!

is this special forces orientated? Or is it more infantry based?

is like operation flashpoint campaign but in Takistan, I recomend you to try it!

i got some issues, the game starts on the map. And then i get a small intro, with a story. Then after the intro, it freezes. Any help on this? is the intro and the start supposed to be like this?

and is this compatible with other mods? I am willing to disable ACE, but would like to play with noblur, effects and sound mod.

Ace is for MP. Disable to play single player. I have no problem, try the tip, press left shift and - on numepad at the same time, then tipe campaign and you can play the rest

Ace2 mod is not meant for singleplayer?

I will try it without the mod, thanks.

i am getting all kind of errors. Ive got the latest mission and phaddons installed, i used to type campaing in order to skip the start where the game freezes. But it crashed again when i started the mission, my helicopter was hit and it went dark. After that mission was cancelled, i pressed continue and it crashed.

Effect mod and a sound mod, nothing else and of course the persian hammer addons.

Ace2 mod is not meant for singleplayer?

I will try it without the mod, thanks.

He has no clue what he's talking about. I've been playing ACE2 only in SP since the day it was released and have created countless missions and a mini campaign for it. Sometimes it can conflict with a certain mission if it wasn't made with ACE2 in mind but for the most part no. Hell I've played every BIS mission and campaign using ACE2 and CWR2 and it works great.

Yup, ACE2 is "intended" for mp BUT can be played on SP as well. I play with ACE2 on SP all the time, heck even SP campaign like SealTeam6 uses ACE2 features.

I dont use ACE2 at the moment, only thing i use is a sound and effects mod. And it still does not work, i have the game patched and have the addons installed. Cant seem to play this wonderful campaign.

Do you have all addons from PH addons, and all from Project 85:vehicles,configs, weapons, units. And what sound and fx mod du you use.

I just start this with jsrs sound mod 1.33 and war fx blastcore and all is ok. i have arma 2 CO v1.59

Edited by tom3kb

I have these @JTD;@JSRS-E;@JSRS-V;@JSRS-VW;@JSRS-W;@CBA

And of course the PH addons.