Sign in to follow this  
kyfohatl

How to specify the FACTION of BIS_fnc_spawnGroup?

The title says it all pretty much. Here's what I'm trying to do:

waitUntil {!isNil "BIS_fnc_init"};
_Patrolgrp1 = [position player, WEST, (configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >> "CDF")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

So basically, I want to create CDF patrol groups, not USMC ones. The code above doesn't work, but that's what I can understand from the wiki.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Here's the wiki page:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_spawnGroup

Maybe you can figure it out. Kylania has put some good info up there, but I can't figure out how to do this (I don't know why what I'm doing already doesn't work).

Edited by kyfohatl

(configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >> "CDF")

is not a group

(configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >> "CDF" >> "Infantry" >> "CDF_InfSquad")

probably is

CfgGroups

(configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >> "CDF")

is not a group

(configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >> "CDF" >> "Infantry" >> "CDF_InfSquad")

probably is

CfgGroups

Oh yeah... actually I looked at that page. But doesn't this means that the function will spawn CDF_InfSquad, which is a specific infantry squad I think, every time? I would like to take advantage of the fact that the function spawns a random group (e.g. AT group or AA group), but if I specify the group (say CDF_InfSquad), wouldn't that mean only one type of group is spawned? (I'd like to specify the faction, but I'd like the group type to be random).

...or am I wrong and "CDF_InfSquad" is a general group class which spawns a random group type?

Thanks for the help by the way.

_g = ["CDF_InfSquad","CDF_InfSquad_Weapons","CDF_InfSection_AT"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_Patrolgrp1 = [position player, WEST, (configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >> "CDF" >> "Infantry" >> _g)] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

Obviously, if you really want to have a chance to encounter a tank platoon etc, you need to switch the infantry part as well.

_g = ["CDF_InfSquad","CDF_InfSquad_Weapons","CDF_InfSection_AT"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_Patrolgrp1 = [position player, WEST, (configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >> "CDF" >> "Infantry" >> _g)] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

Obviously, if you really want to have a chance to encounter a tank platoon etc, you need to switch the infantry part as well.

Your the man shk! Thanks very much