Sign in to follow this  
puzzola

Enemy position given opposite direction

Hi, until now it seamed that AI indicated enemy position in an almost random way. Now (playing in the lowlands map) I experienced AI and my character too giving enemy position exacltly in the opposite direction of the enemy position. Anyone experienced the same? Do you know if it's something related to that specific map. Something related to some axis setting or only an occurrence?

Bye

How is the formation looking when this happens? Does your wedge look like a wedge /\ or a vee \/ ? When you stop, do your men face the expected direction, or do they turn and look elsewhere?

This messed up formation problem, that I am experiencing frequently, will cause units to report enemies is really wacky directions. It's for me a game breaker, as I can't trust what the AI is saying or doing. I've had it on Utes and Chernarus, so I think it's island independent.

At least, I'm expecting that to cause your problems. More here:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11064

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8973

Thank you for your reply.From the reports you signalled, the AI indication is useless till they stopped and only if they stopped in the same direction of the leader or if I know where is facing the AI that speaks. As far as I can't know such thing in battle, seams that I must to use map again. Thanks ;)

How is the formation looking when this happens? Does your wedge look like a wedge /\ or a vee \/ ? When you stop, do your men face the expected direction, or do they turn and look elsewhere?

This messed up formation problem, that I am experiencing frequently, will cause units to report enemies is really wacky directions. It's for me a game breaker, as I can't trust what the AI is saying or doing. I've had it on Utes and Chernarus, so I think it's island independent.

At least, I'm expecting that to cause your problems. More here:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11064

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8973

I have the same problem in many occasions. AI teammates refuse to take into account the change of heading by the leader (even if I run 10-20 meters) and the formation remains unchange.

"Gamebreaker"...well said..

Hi, in OA we got the clock indicator on the screen (lower right corner). Are you saying that calls are not related to that clock ?

I play ArmA2 standalone. I was thinking of buying OA but spent more than a year to set properly the game and I don't want to mess all again. So I don't know what features I am missing. After that I prefer something about Viet-nam or '60 -'70 middle east that thoose modern toys :p. Maybe later........

What's your counsel?

At least consider these things: More and more mods will be for the A2+OA combo, ie. Combined Operations. Same with patches; not many patches, if any, will come out for A2 only.

There are some vietnam mods available already, take a look into the Addon & Mods - Complete forum

-OP

If I add OA, can I still play ArmA2 uneffected by OA issues or changes? Can I stop to Arma2 patch 1.05?

Do installation or patches of OA change general configs and profile or are separate from Arma2?

Installation folders are separate?

Sorry, but don't know all the exact answers. If it helps, I installed OA after having Arma2 installed. It installed into the same directory, but there are separate executables to run. So if you want to run Arma2 "classic" you can still do that.

-OP

Sorry, but don't know all the exact answers. If it helps, I installed OA after having Arma2 installed. It installed into the same directory, but there are separate executables to run. So if you want to run Arma2 "classic" you can still do that.

-OP

Do you noted if it overwritten some *.pbo? Or they use different ones?

Thank you for answering ;)

Hm, no I don't know if installing OA will overwrite Arma2 pbo's. Guess that is what you are asking? You could try searching some of the threads related to running Combined operations - I think they are in General.

This one is pretty good: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214

Thank for the good link mate, but it spoiled me of that bit of curiosity about OA :D (for now :p)

the problem with the wrong orientation (i.e. from time to time the squad does not adapt to the heading of the leader, even if the leader moves towards a new direction) still persits with the new patch.