Sign in to follow this  
dougboy101

Clutter wont work!

Thanks, your bushlurker, your source files have clutter when i construct them....... so im trying to figure out what ive done wrong..

your source files have clutter when i construct them....... so im trying to figure out what ive done wrong..

Okay dougboy - now we're getting somewhere! - if those files will binarize and work OK then it sounds like your P:\ structure and binpbo settings are ok - thats a good start...

I guess the next step is a line by line comparison of the important files - layers.cfg, cfgSurfaces.hpp, cfgClutter.hpp, and config.cpp - there's gotta be an obvious flaw somewhere we've all missed...

Plus you could always just try ripping those demo files that work - a bit of careful search and replacing of tags and paths and you should be able to adapt those working ones to your own project...

Still... progress at last... you'll look back on this a month from now when you're busy with roads and wonder what all the fuss was about - but it can be an confusing nightmare to start with...

B

Resolved, the issue was........... the references to files in CfgSurfaces were case sensitive............ I also deleted the space from the probabilitys, but i doubt that was the problem.

Thanks a bunch bushlurker, its great to see someone taking the effort to help other people,

Next questions 4096, 4096 terrain heightmap.. I hear that object placement goes funky in one corner. of the map, can someone elaborate? my intended project will be quite large but as 2 corners will be desolate desert, i can tolerate a hollow gap of 2x2km or so.

Edited by dougboy101