Sign in to follow this  
domcho

Dead groups

Hello, how can I make waves of groups to come 1 by 1. I mean:

I want 2nd wave of soldiers to attack when 1st wave of soldiers is dead, but it's too slow if I have to name each soldier of the 1st wave and then type (not alive soldier1) and (not alive soldier2)... etc. :eek: :eek:

I mean is there a faster way like

(not alive group1) and (not alive group2)

wave2 = true (wave2 is variable for 2nd wave to march)

Group1 = group this but it doesn't work with (not alive Group1). And I don't know any other way except naming every single soldier and then typing (not alive soldier1) ... etc. Thanks a lot!!! :yay:

There is

(count units grp1)==0

That can work in a trigger condition.

But unfortunately OFP is very slow to count, as after testing it seems the trigger will activate only 30 seconds after the grp1 units are all killed (so when the count of units inside this group reach 0 ).

• Like 1

The simplest way to do that is to use the Guard waypoints and Guarded by triggers. Read more about it here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Waypoint:Guard

I tested it with a trigger but it's bugged a bit, probably because I don't do something correct. I place 2 west squads and both have guard waypoint (and of course the guard waypoint is not near the trigger) I place the trigger with guarded by west thing. The closest group goes there and then I use "_x setDammage 1" foreach units Officer1 but 2nd group doesn't move. So I put 2 mechanized east squads and this time the 2nd group moves but it does before the 1st group dies. In the waypoint:guard info it says that the 2nd group is to wait until the 1st group dies but it doesn't seem to happen. And yes it's probably because I am not doing something correct.:eek: and the (count units Group1) ==0 it's takes wayyyy to long.

The trouble with plain count units is that it includes both live and dead units and won't reach zero until the dead units are removed from the group.

It'd be better to use

"alive _x" count units Group1 == 1

(more info here). The trigger should trip when there's one unit left alive, and he'll probably be fleeing anyway.

Works awesome, thanks a lot!!! :yay::yay::yay:

there is a very simple and fast in game solution to your problem without scripting.

place a trigger and group it to the first wave group by pressing F2 and connecting them. do this for every group of the 1st wave. give the triggers a radius large enough to cover the battlefield and select "Any Group Member/Not Present".

then place a move wp for every group of the 2nd wave at their starting point and synchronize it with the trigger/triggers of the first wave groups. repeat for more 2nd wave groups.

once none of the units from the 1st wave group/groups are in the trigger area, the wp of the 2nd wave group activates and they come charging in :)

• Like 1

there is a very simple and fast in game solution to your problem without scripting.

place a trigger and group it to the first wave group by pressing F2 and connecting them. do this for every group of the 1st wave. give the triggers a radius large enough to cover the battlefield and select "Any Group Member/Not Present".

then place a move wp for every group of the 2nd wave at their starting point and synchronize it with the trigger/triggers of the first wave groups. repeat for more 2nd wave groups.

once none of the units from the 1st wave group/groups are in the trigger area, the wp of the 2nd wave group activates and they come charging in :)

LOL do you ever give up? :D Even though my problem is solved you still help :D. Thanks I appreciate it. Would give that a try.

LOL do you ever give up? :D Even though my problem is solved you still help :D.

it's not just about you man. at some point there will be others with the same problem as you, who will look to this thread for answers. what worked for you may not work for them and since there is another solution to the problem, it doesn't hurt to post it.

it's not just about you man. at some point there will be others with the same problem as you, who will look to this thread for answers. what worked for you may not work for them and since there is another solution to the problem, it doesn't hurt to post it.

You're absolutely right :)