Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Multiplayer Armory feedback

Would it be possible to keep players in the same vehicle if they already boarded the same vehicle at the start of operations?

I expected the game to keep us in the same vehicle "crew" during operations but it kept putting us in separate vehicles even in coop missions.

Here are my criticisms.

• Needs some sort of window to view the currently selected items before starting operation

• Needs an easier way of selecting/deselecting items and getting operations started. Voting works but with several players it can be confusing and slow. Some "ARMEX organiser" who gets 100% control over it would be good.

• Needs a "playlist" for operations. Sometimes you want to play 3 survival missions, then a Defend mission, etc, not just start at Survival and work your way through the list 1 by 1.

• We played earlier with a T-90 selected, unfortunately it spawned with crew inside which were OPFOR so they killed us at the spawn point. Suggest spawn all selected vehicles empty, it's multiplayer after all, you're playing with a human crew.

• Sometimes the vehicles are spawned too close together on operations and explode instantly.

• This is especially true of helicopters and jets

• Jets seem to be spawned "flying" at 0 altitude and therefore crash instantly

• If a jet is selected, all the players spawn on foot 4km away from the target with one jet (which as previously mentioned, explodes). Suggest spawning the troops at 400m from the objective and spawn the jet 4km away, in the air, flying.

Some issues to work out, but I've had some really good fun with this mission so far! :)

Edited by CommunistHamster
list formatting

• We played earlier with a T-90 selected, unfortunately it spawned with crew inside which were OPFOR so they killed us at the spawn point. Suggest spawn all selected vehicles empty, it's multiplayer after all, you're playing with a human crew.

Yep, and as I said in my post above, it spawns human players in separate vehicles even though we all boarded the one same vehicle before we initiated operations. If Operations made it so that all human players were part of the same crew in a COOP mission, then we wouldnt have to deal with stupid AI crewman.

I didn't see this posted anywhere (if it is posted, well then I'm blind)...But Mostly Everytime someone dies on an operation...they are spawned 12,000m away.

Anyone else having this?

I'm looking into the problems people are experiencing for a patch (especially to do with spawning and vehicles) :)

Needs some sort of window to view the currently selected items before starting operation

From the Quick Menu, select Show Rankings and it should show you all players and what items they have selected. Once Operation has started and you're in the map, check the challenge task to see which items are used for that challenge.

Great idea, polished execution. Now how about we see some competetive missions in the Armoury? (which reminds me, drop that US english pretty please, lets use the non-degenerate form in European games) A killhouse where 2 fireteams can compete for the best time would make this feature more attractive to the serious team and realism players.

Well,well... We played the mission and I really wanted my guys to have fun.

All they did was toying around with helicopters because they couldn't see the meta-challenges hints and the "Operation" was so boring.

I know this is a lot of work and this procedural system is hard to implement, but what is the use of this mission?

I thought it was going to be like a boot camp or something but in the end it felt more like a boring real life exhibition.

In the "defend position" operation we were out in the open, what are you supposed to defend? We didn't even have somewhere to take cover.

One of my fellow members had several Operation missions going on at the same time in his briefing.

The mission concept left us frustrated.

Edited by Lonestar

ARMEX seems boring for me. I'd better play CTI map where I can test all weapon.

MP Armory is awesome boredom. Im impressed what comes out when some experienced developers (?) make something thats as boring as this. I love randomized missions a lot - but this? At least I hoped to see at least a single nice combat setup, not just this unimaginative spawned stuff...*Yaaaaawn!* Sorry, but community already did better, BIS!

This thread is for constructive criticism, not mindless complaints. As much as I like community addons, the "community" spends all day every day playing domi.

ARMEX is the perfect place to do "all gun testing". Everyone then knows it's supported by default, and doesn't involve any seriousness in the missions. Personally I'd like to see this "all guns available" in other missions, more serious missions, gone.

There aren't that many options to choose from wrt dynamically setup random missions, made by community members. It also encourages the devs to make simple objects to support the ideas of the mission. Those signs are available to everyone now, right? Before we had to rely on addons, which by some are not acceptable.

I think ppl misunderstand the point of Armex. It's not supposed to be random mission generator.

I does what it was designed for. Don't go on a testarea when you want a mission i say. :)