Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Multiplayer Armory feedback

As part of the latest public beta patch (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109339), we have included a beta version of a new multiplayer game mode: Multiplayer Armory :)

The Multiplayer Armory consists of two main components. You'll start at ARMEX: a military exhibition displaying a large random selection of equipment. You can look at information signs for descriptions and statistics, but you're also free to use anything and do with it what you like. Secondly there is Operation: a series of procedural challenges created based on the items you select at ARMEX.

Please use this thread for all of your feedback, bug reports and suggestions. More info on this mode and its features will be released over the coming weeks.

Enjoy!

As part of the latest public beta patch (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109339), we have included a beta version of a new multiplayer game mode: Multiplayer Armory :)

The Multiplayer Armory consists of two main components. You'll start at ARMEX: a military exhibition displaying a large random selection of equipment. You can look at information signs for descriptions and statistics, but you're also free to use anything and do with it what you like. Secondly there is Operation: a series of procedural challenges created based on the items you select at ARMEX.

Please use this thread for all of your feedback, bug reports and suggestions. More info on this mode and its features will be released over the coming weeks.

Enjoy!

Wow, this is Christmas comes early. What the main difference between playing SP armory and this aside from having multiplayer? Any changes of mission types ? Stats records ? Or a totally new armory experience?

Thanks BIS

Is the Armory configuration compatible with the MP version?

Are weapons from mods supported?

Some of the configuration carries over to the MP version, but I'm going to be adding a new page to document the new Armory specifically.

Unfortunately it looks like community content cannot be supported, because of low-level limitations in the engine to do with add-on registration. We're still exploring possibilities, so hopefully this can be solved eventually.

When you approach one of the infostands, automatically a dialog with text description appears. After some seconds it starts to scroll up.

1. While this is useful for long text, it happens also when the text is fitting completely in the dialog. The result is just that text slowly vanishes.
  2. The time for starting of automatic scrolling is too short for a guy be able to read it

It's a Good Work.

Armex meta-challenge sound like challenge in singleplayer (Armory and so on).

But there are same problem like:

You have to reach 4500 mt from your position in 10 secs...

or

landing in 30 secs while flying, a 10000 mt ???

Need some logic check, i think.

• Sometimes we get this at mission start:
    You cannot play this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
    warfare2vehicles

• During Operation, if you are wounded at legs, you start wounded at next Task. (While to complete a task wounded it's OK, I would have expected to be cured before next task)
  • and if you are assigned a task to protect your previously wounded player, the task will fail
  • then, if the next task is a Death Match, you can see the other player marker on the map
  • after each task finishes, games switches to Map View, but Tasks are not shown nor selectable until clicking on Notes
  • DM: sometimes kill messages do not display the killer, like if a player was killed by AI
  • DM: sometimes Spectating view switch to NV while daytime
  • At end of mission "Survive", dead players respawn and get killed or wounded by enemies if nearby. This cause a kill loop (player killed again and again) during the waiting section
  • JIP: if entering during Operation, JIP player have no time to choose the gear because spawned at next task
  • At end of Operation, dialog with Team Ranking is displayed for a short second and mission finishes
  • You can't enter vehicles at begin. Probably they need to be revealed when meta-challange is assigned
  • If you select the UAV for Operation, you will be its pilot
  • "I'm at grid 000000" can be avoided if you let the unit join grpNull during respawn
  • Quick-Select time: Factions filter doesn't work
  • Please only HE in GL
  • Protect Player doens't work. I selected the player but also if there was no shooting at all, he resulted "injured".
  • In Spectating sometimes points to empty space
  • There is no timeout for Last Man Standing challenge. Please drawn on timeout somehow.
  • If a dead player left during "Survive" the mission never stops after everyone else died

Edited by alef

Hi there had a go on this me self earlyer.

Its very good and I like this a lot,

One thing I found though is when I was waiting for the timer to count down to begine missions I wanted to qiut and could not I HAD TO WAIT for timer to expire.

If I press ESC nothing I chose server options and still had no way if getting back to main screen to esit game.

I REALLY like it... I wish you'd integrate ARMEX and some of the "new" missions (convoy, and triathlon even if the latter is not yet included) into the old SP Armory.

Wish the mobility range would be more clear.

I also wish that you could still quick change weapons after the missions. Doing mission after mission with same gun without heading back to ARMEX is frustrating. It's also frustrating when I'm on a convoy mission and all I have is 1 Satchel (in the backpack) and my CZ-550 because that is the gun I chose... no rockets or more than 1 satchel.

• Sometimes we get this at mission start:
    You cannot play this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
    warfare2vehicles

Yes... I'd like to confirm this bug. I also get it when playing warfare mission (e.g. War Welcome). Nothing game breaking; that is I can still play the mission... but there seems to be something wrong, though I don't know what.

Cheers

After playing this, I have two small suggestions.

1: Add a Shoothouse á la MW2 that scores players accuracy and speed when passing trough it. This would be a great addition, hopefully it´s not a completely unfeasible suggestion.

2: Add a tool to scale weather/daytime. So we can also fiddle around at night with the cool new Laserpointers and stuff.

Otherwise, after looking around in this on my own, I´m quite impressed. I´ll try it tomorrow together with my friends to see if we can break the hell out of it. :> Good work, BI, this will be fun!

1: Add a Shoothouse á la MW2 that scores players accuracy and speed when passing trough it. This would be a great addition, hopefully it´s not a completely unfeasible suggestion.

2: Add a tool to scale weather/daytime. So we can also fiddle around at night with the cool new Laserpointers and stuff.

Otherwise, after looking around in this on my own, I´m quite impressed. I´ll try it tomorrow together with my friends to see if we can break the hell out of it. :> Good work, BI, this will be fun!

These two ideas sound great, you have my support on it.

To the point about the armory, I only had time to play for about 15 minutes, but I can tell...once it gets all polished up and the actual patch comes out it will be ALOT of fun for my friends and I. Tyvm BI :)

The former could be something to the effect of having to clear one of the 'factory' buildings (the big half finished concrete building site)

Thanks for the feedback so far :) These are some of the things which have been fixed and will hopefully find their way into an upcoming beta patch. The rest is in-progress :cool:

The time for starting of automatic scrolling is too short for a guy be able to read it

Scrolling delay and speed tuned.

warfare2vehicles

This was fixed, but we cannot distribute it in a beta patch (filesize constraints).

During Operation, if you are wounded at legs, you start wounded at next Task.

Player injuries are now healed between challenges.

DM: sometimes kill messages do not display the killer, like if a player was killed by AI

There should not be AI adversaries in DM, nor should DM start when you play alone. Can you provide any more details about what was going on?

If you select the UAV for Operation, you will be its pilot.

UAVs were disabled.

Quick-Select time: Factions filter doesn't work.

Should work now.

DM: sometimes kill messages do not display the killer, like if a player was killed by AI

There should not be AI adversaries in DM, nor should DM start when you play alone. Can you provide any more details about what was going on?

When killed, sometimes the message is

alef was killed

instead of

alef was killed by [<{ABC}>]_T3rm1n4t0rz+FTW_

The current beta patch has some crashing issues. That lead to a crash just after an "action" (can't remember what it's called) started (was a death match). Due OA constantly loosing mouse input, I decided to go full screen - which lead to the crash. Upon entering the mission again (was on Dedi), marker was gone and I had to fly out to the zone again.

Not sure if this is as intended. Maybe I was supposed to wait until round over.

Why are there more vehicles on the ARMEX grounds in Cherno than there are in Takistan? I'm aware you can choose all CO items (even ones not present in the map) with the quick select menu. The reason I ask is because sometimes me and my friends would all like to crew the same vehicle for operation.

I DONT HAVE ARMEX!!! :mad: thank you

It's only in MP I believe. Create a game, and look for "COOP 08 Armory" in either Takistan or Cherno.

Or click on the Amory main tab and then click on host and choose the map and start the game

I DONT HAVE ARMEX!!! :mad: thank you

Go to Single Player -> Armory -> select Chernarus or Takistan -> click "Host" button.

(edit: Nevermind, someone beat me to it)

Its certainly a good feature. The only issues I found were some minor grammar and spelling errors for some of the entries.

I actually have a technical question about the MP armory.

It appears that one of my addons is breaking the MP armory as in none of the scripts seem to be executing, it's just an empty Takistan with the players. I have no idea why this is; the only thing I can think it might be is the use of setVehicleInit to execute all of the scripts remotely on clients. Is this something that would interfere with the armory?