Sign in to follow this  
abel

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 74630

M.O.R;1779099']I experienced another issue' date=' i used addons on that server, but normally they have no influence on that..just look at the clouds, i can't embed for some reason, so here's the link:

[url']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjdRNiPZSqc[/url]

I haven't had that before. My buddy was standing next to me in that mission, he experienced the same, also having some addons enabled.

But as i said above, i haven't had that before, even using these addons..

I have make for long time ago, a ticket for this. But my repro "mission" (is realy bad i know ;) ) seems not to work.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8072

This bug is realy old and i noticed that after a huge battle the clouds are totaly freaky.

Z fighting, yes I agree it does seem at ground level to structures on say 200 + meters away all is well (fixed) ... although it does have a pattern of once you raise above ground level to higher hills thats when the z fighting comes back looking through scoped optics/binoculars etc.

Chernarus for example go to any large hill surrounding a town (Novey Sobor for example go to the hill direct east of the town in the fringes of the woods on the hill, to overlook the town with you facing west into it with binoculars) and scope in or use binoculars at a distance of say 400 meters or more, the fighting appears the higher you go, it all seems to be distance + height off the ground/angle toward an object/building that brings it back when scoped or zoomed.

Also can anyone confirm if cast shadows disappear when your turning your head? I seem to find large cast shadows (setting high) large chunks of shadow will disappear and reapear when using steady alt head movement, most obvious is Chernarus via OA CO ... is this beta related (I just dont seem to remember it being as obvious before), or is this an ongoing noted issue (Using Nvidia gtx260 - 260.99 driver). This also includes cast shadow drawing itself as you walk but look behind with the shadow cast say 10 meters behind, this can be very random .. but as you walk slow and use head movement you will see shadows on and off and on again in various places ... mainly from woods and trees, and related to alt head turning.

Again if this obvious to others I can make a youtube clip.

One final thing ... the sky texture and cloud texture flickering ... is this experienced by others at random times?

Edited by mrcash2009

Please BIS can we all so get the AI warping sorted as this is really annoying as I am all ways a sniper and tbh makes it very unpleasant.

Its not lag it has been here since OFP and I get it on LAN so its not lag there is a few posts on this all ready but thought I would just refresh your memory :P

Please BIS can we all so get the AI warping sorted as this is really annoying as I am all ways a sniper and tbh makes it very unpleasant.

Its not lag it has been here since OFP and I get it on LAN so its not lag there is a few posts on this all ready but thought I would just refresh your memory :P

Try experiment with the MinErrorToSend parameter in your host/server config.

MinErrorToSend=<limit>;

Minimal error to send updates across network. Using a smaller value can make units observed by binoculars or sniper rifle to move smoother.

Default: 0.01

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

hi thanks yes I know about that and it helps a little but I am talking about over LAN all so.

Its the net code and has been a known problem since OFP.

Not just that I dont have access to all the servers on the net and I there for cant change there server configs :(

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can improve things also when hosting on LAN. IIRC I had pretty good results using MinErrorToSend=0.005; back in ArmA days...

Maybe worth a try!?

Also, there is a reason for this AI warping, it's (most likely) a way to minimize bandwidth requirements in larger MP missions so I wouldn't really call it a bug/issue since host/server admins have the option to tweak it.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Ok everyone seems to be having good results with this patch. Well I've got problems. Simpoly put, the story goes like this ....

I downloaded the patch the first day it came out. Took awhile and I have cable/Broadban. Installed it nd cranked it up. Worked well as far as I could tell. Went straight to the Multiplayer menu, which though a beta is kind of clunky to me and undressed. Anyway, back to my story. I got into the game with NO problem. Played awhile then logged out. Came back later and it gave me an error. Something about "Noentry.Profile Path Default".

It let me into game where I was confronted by blank menues. No words. I took it all the way to what would be the Multiplayer menu and had nothing. Framework of the menu but NO words or text.

I backed out and uninstalled the beta and went to Armaholic and redownloaded the game. This time form alternative sight. Installed it and it did the same thing. Now backing up to the install, Windows did alert that it had not installed properly but I've had this before with no bad results.

I can still get into the game properly and with full meenu and all via my normal game shortcut. Just not through the beta.

I uninstalled it again and delted it. I downloaded it once more, for the third time and installed it and got the same results once more. Got frustrated and deleted the whole folder with out uninstalling it. Yea, I know, not the proper way of doing it. My bad. I downloaded it again today and installed it. Got ALL the same results. Uninstalled it properly this time.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Looks like you load the beta with the wrong parameters. Are you using the new shortcut in your Arma folder?

Oh and deleting the beta folder is just as good (or even better/safer) as using the uninstaller, dont worry.

Again: After an hour of playing the game (this beta, MP, warfare), LOD textures started loading very slowly (seems like HD was struggling). A flush helped, but not for long (maybe a minute). And after a few hours the game crashed with an "Out of memory" Windows pop-up. No crashdumps were made - last change in the dump file was not today.

Again: After an hour of playing the game (this beta, MP, warfare), LOD textures started loading very slowly (seems like HD was struggling). A flush helped, but not for long (maybe a minute). And after a few hours the game crashed with an "Out of memory" Windows pop-up. No crashdumps were made - last change in the dump file was not today.

What setting do you have video memory to (in game)?

Since we have very similar HW as well as OS it's wierd since I just played 3 hour MP without any issues (yet) using 74630 Beta. I have my video memory settings at "Default" and my GPU is a GTX260.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Well guess i found two bug. Don't know if thouse was addressed already...

This only happend in multiplayer with spawned units.

1.:

In multiplayer the spawned units has NO name in the added actions.

Example:

With talking

Correct would be:

With Martin Strong talking

Also the same to actions i add manually to a spawned unit.

Example:

Recruit

Correct would be:

Recruit Martin Strong

2.:

If i talk with a spawned unit like for example ask for the weather or something like this the voice is pitched down which means the sound is played way too slow.

Stuff in our dedi server .rpt:

No speaker given for Thomas Schneider (and similar)

Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocol_EP1_EN/: Missing word light (plenty of these, really plenty).

Server: Update of object 2:101 arrived from nonowner (a tonne of these).

Server: Object 6:4 not found (message 225) 225 completely spamming, but 124 also present.

safety - unknown animation source revolve

Magazine 6Rnd_HE_M203 (6 ammo left) not found (and variations of it).

NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #BigNumber, users.card=1

NetServer: users.get failed when sending to BigNumber

Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to BigNumber (PlayerName)

Face Nobody else seems to mention these. Are we the only ones? Is it hidden deep in my mission/mods?

Glasses

and a really weird looking one:

Received 181, expected bool (number might vary, not sure what it is)

Unexpected message data (message struct NetworkMessageWaypoint, item visible)

Before (0x0000003f): 75 65 00 00 00 00 00 74 72 75 65 00 24 4e 4f 4e 45 24 00 00 00 00 24 4e 4f 4e 45 24 00 00 00 00

Current (0x0000005f): b5

Warning: Cleanup player - person 14:1476 not found

Out of path-planning region for O 3-1-C:3 at 5959.4,7510.9, node type (guessing out of bounds, but showing it anyway)

Cannot create object 14:1466 (Now that's seriously vague...)

Should any of these concern me?

What setting do you have video memory to (in game)?

Since we have very similar HW as well as OS it's wierd since I just played 3 hour MP without any issues using 74630 Beta. I have my video memory settings at "Default" and my GPU is a GTX260.

/KC

I have had video memory on very high a few months ago and it was all fine. Then all of a sudden this bug occured. A couple of days ago I switched it to high, but the bug persists. I haven't tried default, because I used to have 'receiving bug' with that setting (+ threaded optimization enabled) in the past.

I will try default and I'll turn on threaded optimization. If this fails, I'll also disable threaded opt. After that I have no clue what else to do.

Since OA I have had performance problems after performance problems.

The last patch for ARMA2 before OA was awsome I upped me res and every thing ran faster than ever that was the best patch ever.

then OA came out and shit all over that LOD issues,Texture issues stuttering etc etc.

Me spec

Win 7 64bit

Q6700

ATI 4890 1gb

4 gb ram

etc etc

I will try default and I'll turn on threaded optimization. If this fails, I'll also disable threaded opt. After that I have no clue what else to do.

I've used "Default" since A2 release. When trying "High" and "Very High" numerous times in different versions there has always been a couple FPS more but (worse) problems with texture loading, (worse) LOD poping etc. so I always reverted back to "Default" (this is with a nVidia GTX260 and 191.07 WHQL drivers).

I can't find the thread but according to the devs it's recommended that threaded optimization is OFF.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

I cant use defaults I have whole builing roof missing etc I am on 10.4 and have tryed all of the other ones 10.4 is best so far.

Hey.

Can someone try to reproduce this issue? It seems setting waypoints in High Command will not show up on the HUD unless there was a previous waypoint visible.

Without having it tested, im not sure HC is designed to set WP´s for yourself.

Why should you do that if you are the leader of the group?

I was about to say the same thing. Being both commander and subordinate doesn't make much sense.

Encountered an odd issue last night changing weapons, and I'm not sure if it is beta related, but I only noticed it with the most recent one. It happened every time I tried it.

In my inventory were: MP5, RPG-7, and the Makarov. I had the RPG in-hand (had just fired and reloaded it), and used the actionmenu to switch to the MP5. It actually brought up the Makarov. I then selected the Makarov via the actionmenu, and it brought up the Makarov again. Then I could switch to the MP5 with the actionmenu.

I have not seen a weaponswitching issue, so thought I would mention it here. :) I did not test it in another session, so it may have been a one-off.

Looks like you load the beta with the wrong parameters. Are you using the new shortcut in your Arma folder?

Oh and deleting the beta folder is just as good (or even better/safer) as using the uninstaller, dont worry.

Tried both ways. Normally I download the NEW Beta and then uninstall the OLD one first. This time the only differance was I uninstalled the OLD first. ALL the betas I've tested tillnow worked fine as far as I know. This one ws the bunker buster.

I've downloaded the newist one, 74858 and am about to give it a try. But with Xeno's warning it may be a short one, as I play exlusively online.

I tried playing from the exe in the beta folder and the short cut I created on my desktop. Both gave me the smae indicated results. Like I mentioned. it played once then not.

p.s., thanks for your reply.

Without having it tested, im not sure HC is designed to set WP´s for yourself.

Why should you do that if you are the leader of the group?

It worked until the last beta. Cipher uses this setup, and I thought it was neat to plot your own waypoints for your squad since it allows you to plan a route to target. The rest of your team actually sees the waypoint, just not the squad leader.

The feature was useful for marking a route to the target. Means you have to look less on the map/GPS. It's not an overly important feature, but since I had the impression it was not intentionally changed, I thought I'd report it.

and a really weird looking one:

Received 181, expected bool (number might vary, not sure what it is)

Unexpected message data (message struct NetworkMessageWaypoint, item visible)

Before (0x0000003f): 75 65 00 00 00 00 00 74 72 75 65 00 24 4e 4f 4e 45 24 00 00 00 00 24 4e 4f 4e 45 24 00 00 00 00

Current (0x0000005f): b5

Thanks for reporting this. There is missing initialization for a newly added variable determining waypoint UI visibility. Will be fixed in 74881 - as a result of the bug, sometimes you may be unable to see the waypoint which you should see.

Tried both ways. Normally I download the NEW Beta and then uninstall the OLD one first. This time the only differance was I uninstalled the OLD first. ALL the betas I've tested tillnow worked fine as far as I know. This one ws the bunker buster.

I've downloaded the newist one, 74858 and am about to give it a try. But with Xeno's warning it may be a short one, as I play exlusively online.

I tried playing from the exe in the beta folder and the short cut I created on my desktop. Both gave me the smae indicated results. Like I mentioned. it played once then not.

p.s., thanks for your reply.

As an update the newist patch ( 74858) will not work (for me) either. It has to be localized if noone else is having this problem. But I've done nothing to change anything from before (when the beta patches worked). I got a sneeky feeling I've got a squearl loose in my machine.

Encountered an odd issue last night changing weapons, and I'm not sure if it is beta related, but I only noticed it with the most recent one. It happened every time I tried it.

In my inventory were: MP5, RPG-7, and the Makarov. I had the RPG in-hand (had just fired and reloaded it), and used the actionmenu to switch to the MP5. It actually brought up the Makarov. I then selected the Makarov via the actionmenu, and it brought up the Makarov again. Then I could switch to the MP5 with the actionmenu.

I have not seen a weaponswitching issue, so thought I would mention it here. :) I did not test it in another session, so it may have been a one-off.

The same happened to me tonight after switching loadouts in a spawn bunker in the latest v065 Warfare BE. In what mission did this happen to you?

Edited by Nyles

The same happened to me tonight after switching loadouts in a spawn bunker in the latest v065 Warfare BE. In what mission did this happen to you?

hehe

A personal custom one. :)

The available weapons are basically dynamic, so I haven't had the opportunity to test it again in that mission.