Sign in to follow this  
abel

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 74630

keep up the good work bis, its appreciated.

I too am finding jerky movement, and a bit of micro-stuttering, also a big FPS drop when looking through scopes/zooming in, drops 20+ fps then evens out a bit as it seems to load stuff in memory.

I like the HDR :)

Thanks BIS

Glad im not the only one but i did testing and its not just in BETA as it did it in VANILLA.

It seems to be mainly just that map Zargabad or what ever its called.

I have managed to make the problem less worse by upping the VIDEO MEMORY to VERY HIGH.

Has not got rid of it completely but at least now when i get that stutter its for less time.

try it mate see if it helps for you?.

P.S

I have all so made the game feel smooth as hell for me heres what I did

In OA config I changed

Max frames ahead =1

Pre renderd frames ahead=1

I even set the Vid mem to =1024 even though it was 1066 some thing

I set local ram to 2048 even though it was only at 1899 some thing

Now in the OA options screen I set mouse smooth to nothing and god damn its real smooth moving the mouse now feels real snappy.

Try it and PLEASE report your results that way we can see if it really does help others.

Edited by stk2008

Hey guys - the lips are not fixed - if somebody is talking ingame voip it should move those lips like before

Awesome Beta! Not sure why all the hate? Its a work in progress and now the game is even better. MP stuff is great!

Agree, performance wise this beta seems to run better on my rig compared to previous 4-5 betas. Can't really pinpoint exactly why but it just feels better and I may have gained a few FPS (with same settings of course).

Zfighting is gone. Cherno is a different map. Thnx.

Not really!

Unfortunately it's still quite evident if you lay prone (or are close to other objects) while using high magnification scopes/optics looking at environment/objects at 1000+ m. As you do most of the time as a sniper/spotter ;)

At least it's "half fixed" and Z-fighting is gone in standing/crouch position (unless you stand close to anything)!

That being said I really applaud and appreciate BIS efforts trying to fix the Z-fighting issue and if it was easy to fix I'm sure it would have been already, maybe someday!? Since there are other issues that needs BIS attention they can not just focus on one thing.

Keep up the good work BIS!

/KC

... these are really nice UI improvements you are providing, BIS :)

I like the transparency it offers and the full screen usage of missions so select from.

you know how to keep your customers satisfied ;)

Yeah Zfighting is much better but not at range. And i havent seen the issue with going prone relative to a different stance?

At any level up a hillside looking down on a town will still have some god awful flicker, but at the same level under 500m its all but gone.

plese provide locations or repro mission fo the still existing cases of z-fighting

plese provide locations or repro mission fo the still existing cases of z-fighting
I will do a Cherno coast search.

Below are screenshots and link to repro missions. This time I used Takistan and Zargabad but the issue is also on Chernarus etc.

SE of Feruz Abad (KEY_Z-fight_001.Takistan)

Looking at the tower in Feruz Abad max zoomed in with M107 sniper rifle, since I'm crouching it's close to picture perfect with no Z-fighting (distance ~1800 m)

A2OA_B74630_ZF_crouch_01.jpg

Looking at the same tower from same position but prone and the Z-fighting is very notable on tower, buildings as well as trees.

A2OA_B74630_ZF_prone_01.jpg

E of Rasman (KEY_Z-fight_002.Takistan)

Looking at the hangar from other side of valley (distance ~850 m), since I'm croucing and not close to any other objects it looks beautiful (i.e no Z-fighting)!

A2OA_B74630_ZF_crouch_02.jpg

Moving closer to a bush infront of me.

A2OA_B74630_ZF_near_bush_01.jpg

Looking at the hangar again standing close to the bush.

A2OA_B74630_ZF_near_bush_02.jpg

Link to repro missions:

A2OA_B74630_ZF1.zip

If you need more info about my system, settings etc. let me know.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

only 5 screenshots allowed in one post so I post the rest here...

Outside Zargabad city (KEY_Z-Fight_001.Zargabad)

Looking at the construction site (distance ~950m at ~260 degrees) with rangefinder crouching, again no problems!

A2OA_B74630_ZF_crouch_RF_02.jpg

Same position but prone (note that it shows badly on this picture but try the mission and you will see notable Z-fighting on the construction site as well as on buildings/trees around it).

A2OA_B74630_ZF_prone_RF_02.jpg

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

yes, this problem is making me sick also for about a year now. AI is just stuck with their pistols. Also the thing that you have to remove weapons from special forces/germans and chechs, this is major bugs...;-=)please do something against it! yes BIS support is great, but the prioritys seems to be VERY odd sometimes.

Awww and i always thought that was an ACE Bug...

Well then, please BI fix that odd issue with the pistols... its driving me nuts in my SinglePlayer skirmishes i use to have often lately.

Very unfunny when you have a German KSK Machinegunner and he just uses his Handgun all the time, even from 100s meters away and is stucking all around in prone-mode... :rolleyes:

Playing the SP scenario's with the new beta the fps drop down to after a few minutes.

Seems like that pistol issue that's been affecting snipers since Arma 1 times - it'd be nice to see it gone. Every time I create a mission (however simple it may be) the first thing I do is remove all pistols from all AI.

Unsynchronized backpack contents:

Teamed up with a buddy to form a MAAWS team. He gunned, I carried ammo. But when he accessed my ruck to get my ammo, he saw two Javelin rockets in it, while I saw 2xHEAT + 2xHEDP. Putting these to the ground is also problematic, as they lack model.

...Unfortunately it's still quite evident if you lay prone (or are close to other objects)...At least it's "half fixed" and Z-fighting is gone in standing/crouch position (unless you stand close to anything)!...

After testing the the z-fighting yesterday, I can completely confirm what KC described above. It's also detectable with a normal acog-sight.

Furthermore during testing, I found another interesting one. If you enter a vehicle as passenger (manned with ai) which has a gunner position and order the ai of the vehicle to change their behaviour (unit>7>behaviour), you are not able to turn around your view/head by mouse (or TrackIR) anymore. Only after re-entering the vehicle you can turn your view as normal.

As I described, the only specific thing for this I found so far is the presence of a gunner position in the particular vehicle. If you enter a manned vehicle without a gunner position (BAF_ATV_W e.g.) behaviour-change has no effect on turning your view.

For editor-repro, thats what I did:

• placed one unit (BAF-rifleman) as player

• placed different vehicles for testing (HMMWV_M2, HMMWV_DES_EP1, BAF_Jackal2_GMG_W, BAF_ATV_W, BAF_Jackal2_GMG_D, BAF_FV510_W) next to him

• grouped all vehicles to the player-unit, so he is the leader of them

• previewed the mission

• tested the different vehicles as described

Anyone can confirm this or is there a CIT-ticket already for this one?

I experienced another issue, i used addons on that server, but normally they have no influence on that..just look at the clouds, i can't embed for some reason, so here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjdRNiPZSqc

I haven't had that before. My buddy was standing next to me in that mission, he experienced the same, also having some addons enabled.

But as i said above, i haven't had that before, even using these addons..

Edited by [EC]M.O.R

Seems like that pistol issue that's been affecting snipers since Arma 1 times - it'd be nice to see it gone. Every time I create a mission (however simple it may be) the first thing I do is remove all pistols from all AI.

I might be wrong, but the pistol problem may be in the weapons themselves, not in the AI. I have used Robert Hammer's Micro-Uzi in a mission for a sniper. He seems to have no problems switching back and forth between that and his M-107 appropriately. I've played the mission about 3 times, at least 10 minutes each time, and he's never gotten stuck. I also noticed that the Glock17 seems to trigger the bug alot more often than the M9 ever did. Could all be a coincidence tho...

Are those big UI elements in the choose SP missions a preparation to the upcoming feature "video playback ingame"? :notify:

That "stucked AI with pistol"-bug is probably the most annoying one ever. I´ve been fighting for hours with it when creating missions in ArmA1/2. I always need to be sure that any important AI dosent have pistol, but its easy to forget some when there is many units involved.

It seems that the AI can stuck easily if he switch to pistol at some bad time (when prone or crouch, maybe).

Ok everyone seems to be having good results with this patch. Well I've got problems. Simpoly put, the story goes like this ....

I downloaded the patch the first day it came out. Took awhile and I have cable/Broadban. Installed it nd cranked it up. Worked well as far as I could tell. Went straight to the Multiplayer menu, which though a beta is kind of clunky to me and undressed. Anyway, back to my story. I got into the game with NO problem. Played awhile then logged out. Came back later and it gave me an error. Something about "Noentry.Profile Path Default".

It let me into game where I was confronted by blank menues. No words. I took it all the way to what would be the Multiplayer menu and had nothing. Framework of the menu but NO words or text.

I backed out and uninstalled the beta and went to Armaholic and redownloaded the game. This time form alternative sight. Installed it and it did the same thing. Now backing up to the install, Windows did alert that it had not installed properly but I've had this before with no bad results.

I can still get into the game properly and with full meenu and all via my normal game shortcut. Just not through the beta.

I uninstalled it again and delted it. I downloaded it once more, for the third time and installed it and got the same results once more. Got frustrated and deleted the whole folder with out uninstalling it. Yea, I know, not the proper way of doing it. My bad. I downloaded it again today and installed it. Got ALL the same results. Uninstalled it properly this time.

Any ideas or suggestions?

[73967] Fixed: Stop firing at vehicle crew once it is dead.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5183

Is not working and still breaking missions;

Update with example missions, recent beta.

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/8711/AI-Bug-VehicleEngagment.Takistan.rar

What do do:

Lay down the 2 IED´s at the ambush marker, destroy or just stop the leading Bradley with it. Your team will engage the 2 HMV´s behind the Bradley. Even if all are crewman in the HMV´s are dead, your Team is stuck, aiming or shooting at the vehicle. Only if you blow up the HMV with the pipebomb you got with you, your team will advance to the next WP. missionbreaker;-(

This makes people ill since 1 year. Dont know how often we have to mention. Thanks.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3168

I have to add that everbody knows, those are no cosmetic little buggers. There can be 100 of them, but gamestoppers ...;-(

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

This might not be beta related...

I have completed the whole Crimson Lance campaign using this beta with no problems (apart from the wavy helicopter rides).

Then I went on to play MP (warfare) and this happened 2 times: After more than 1 hour, the game got really laggy. 1 'server second' became 3 real seconds and the hard drive was groaning like crazy, also the textures were loading very slowly. It was fixed after reconnecting. But when it happened the second time, reconnecting did not help and even after returning to the main menu, the background scene was jerky. I had to exit the game for the HD groaning to stop.

The first time it happened when I died and the second time as I boarded a truck (it did not come out of the blue when I was running around).

I have no idea to what this could be related.

Edited by sprayer_faust

Furthermore during testing, I found another interesting one. If you enter a vehicle as passenger (manned with ai) which has a gunner position and order the ai of the vehicle to change their behaviour (unit>7>behaviour), you are not able to turn around your view/head by mouse (or TrackIR) anymore. Only after re-entering the vehicle you can turn your view as normal.

Confirmed. Latest official does not have this and i already deleted previous betas so can't tell when exactly it appeared. By the way if you order gunner to exit vehicle and then get him back to gunners position, bug seems to disappear. And if after that you get out and get back in, bug become active again.

M.O.R;1779099']I experienced another issue' date=' i used addons on that server, but normally they have no influence on that..just look at the clouds, i can't embed for some reason, so here's the link:

[url']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjdRNiPZSqc[/url]

I haven't had that before. My buddy was standing next to me in that mission, he experienced the same, also having some addons enabled.

But as i said above, i haven't had that before, even using these addons..

I've seen same in the first ArmA2 benchmark. This benchmark was in the A2 demo and later added to A2 Full in a patch. "Clouds switching" back and forth.