Sign in to follow this  
Craig

HT_Rope. script not found

hello I'm having some bother with handy Rope tools. I downloaded the addon from this site

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4049

I've folowed the instructions that came with it and I've been testing it and every time I right the script command in the way point config and run the game.

the chopper reaches the waypoint and I get an on screen messege saying script "ht_rope.sqs" not found.

have I installed it wrong?

emmm I don't know. I extracted the @HT folder and put that in the same place as my PBO folders and I placed the mission file in the misssion folder on my C drive. was I ment to put that in my saved mission folder in my mydocs?

This basically a mod, you put @HT in your main Arma directory

and the HandyTools%20Rope%20-%20Demo.Intro in either your missions folder in the Main Arma directory,

or put it in your users missions folder if you want to see it in the editor.

The path for the users is this:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\ArmA \missions

I tested it out works fine for me, you just installed it wrong.

ok I've done that and I'm still getting no joy. when I type this command in the waypoint on act

[heli1, 10, "hawk_1c", "pickup", tank1] execVM "ht\rope.sqf";

i get a messege in the waypoint menu saying

type Script exspect nothing.

I've to change the execVM to exec.

then in game I get a messege at the top left of my screen saying

'/#/ sleep 0.001

Erorr Generic Erorr in exspretion.

So I guess it's trying to read the script. does this make sence to you?

I looked at it in the editor.

what I would do is take whats in the demo mission and copy and paste what you need into your

own mission test it out first, and when you get the full understanding of how things respond then add stuff.

Thats why its a demo, to give you the idea, and show you what things do, then by

that example you use or add what you specifically want for your mission.

Yeah I've got it working now sort of. I looked at the sample mission and I was missing some bites from the scripting command. I was following the readme instructions. I've bin playing around with it and I've got it working I just carn't figer out how to make a chopper drop a vehicle.

I've tryied the drop cargo as both a radio, trigger and a waypoint. I'm gonna keep playing around but if you have any tis I'd be greatfull

every things ok now. I've worked out how to get chopper to drop a vehicle when it's on a rope. thanks for your help I really appreciate it