Sign in to follow this  
domcho

Landed Helicopter

How can I make a mission end when I land a helicopter. I made a mission like black hawk down instead it's with hind MI-24 :D I want the mission to end when the I land the Hind in the Soviet base. :yay:

Thanks!!!

place a "get out" waypoint for the helicopter and a variable in it's activation field. then place an end trigger to be activated by that variable.

place a "get out" waypoint for the helicopter and a variable in it's activation field. then place an end trigger to be activated by that variable.

Thanks dude! Can you tell me how can I make a helicopter turn his engine on when he lands. When a helicopter land he turns engine off so I use hawk action ["engine on", hawk] but the problem is that it doesn't work except if I don't use condition on the trigger and also put a wait time on the trigger. But problem is I have to adjust the time so with each mission it would be different timing also and I will take years do adjust it. All I want to know is how can I make the chopper not to turn his engine when he lands or how to turn his engine immediately after he turns it off. Thanks!

Edited by Domcho

Can you tell me how can I make a helicopter turn his engine on when he lands

I don't think there is a way to keep the the engine on if the helicopter has no pilot. All vehicles turn engine off once the driver gets out.

If it is an AI controlled helicopter, there is a way to keep the rotor spinning even if it is on the ground, but not if it has no pilot.

One possible way to work around it could be to move an invisible unit in the cockpit and use FlyInHeight 0, but I think most invisible units out there are under static object class so they can't behave like pilots...

I don't think there is a way to keep the the engine on if the helicopter has no pilot. All vehicles turn engine off once the driver gets out.

If it is an AI controlled helicopter, there is a way to keep the rotor spinning even if it is on the ground, but not if it has no pilot.

One possible way to work around it could be to move an invisible unit in the cockpit and use FlyInHeight 0, but I think most invisible units out there are under static object class so they can't behave like pilots...

No no. I mean:

I hold my position until the chopper arrives and when it lands I get in it and fly out of the battlefield. But he lands a bit far so it won't be that easy to just complete the mission :D. There is a pilot and a gunner in the chopper, no one get's out but by the time I get to the chopper he turns his engine off and then on again, so when I get in 50% of the time I get killed LOL. Thanks!

OFP has a pretty goofy AI when it comes to Load/Unload from choppers, so this is what you need to do.

place a "Move" waypoint over where you want it to land and put "nameOfHelicopter FlyInHeight 0" in its activation field. place a "Load" or "Move" waypoint for the helicopter right next to the last one, a "Get In" waypoint for your unit close by, put "nameOfHelicopter FlyInHeight 100" (or any number between 50 and 150) and synchronize the "Move" wp of your unit with the "Load" wp of the heli.

this will make the chopper land, keep it's rotor spinning and wait until your unit is aboard before taking off.

OFP has a pretty goofy AI when it comes to Load/Unload from choppers, so this is what you need to do.

place a "Move" waypoint over where you want it to land and put "nameOfHelicopter FlyInHeight 0" in its activation field. place a "Load" or "Move" waypoint for the helicopter right next to the last one, a "Get In" waypoint for your unit close by, put "nameOfHelicopter FlyInHeight 100" (or any number between 50 and 150) and synchronize the "Move" wp of your unit with the "Load" wp of the heli.

this will make the chopper land, keep it's rotor spinning and wait until your unit is aboard before taking off.

I tried what you said, this time he keeps the rotor spinning as I wanted but he doesn't fly after my units get's in. I also tried with trigger soldier1 in heli heli fly in height 100 but doesn't work :mad: thanks by the way

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

I tried what you said, this time he keeps the rotor spinning as I wanted but he doesn't fly after my units get's in. I also tried with trigger soldier1 in heli heli fly in height 100 but doesn't work :mad: thanks by the way

WAIT!!! I found a way to do it. It's made in a so strange and annoying way. Here is how I did it (I used an example from the mission 02Ambush from the single mission in OFP)

I put a move waypoint on chopper and in it I type

NameOfHelicopter land "GET IN"

Then I make a 2nd waypoint for the chopper but again a move one and I type there

NameOfHelicopter flyInHeight 100

and of course I synchronize it with my Get In waypoint

Now the chopper keeps spinning the rotor and when I get in he follow the next waypoints instead of just spinning his rotor and standing on the ground :yay: Thanks a lot!!!