Sign in to follow this  
monsterZERO

Let's Play Eagle Wing!

Hey guy's, don't know if you're into Let's Play videos as much as I am, but I've caught the bug and I'm doing one of my favorite (official) campaign for Arma 2, the haunting 'Eagle Wing'.

I suck horribly, but I have a good bit of fun :bounce3:.

My Channel

Update - Part 8!

gZ9AdK3u-3M

Edited by monsterZERO

Remove everything in the URL except for the code(after =) to make it work.

Edited by sparks50

Nice one, mate. Enjoyed watching both parts. Looking forward to watching the rest! :D

I'm into, at least watching, let's play myself. But I mostly enjoy "bragging videos" where focus is high on immersion and showing off the game. So if I was making this, I would:

* Loose the extended map info and show off how good you are at navigating by searching for features on the terrain (that field and powerline is a good starting point). You could mention that the game UI can be more helpful naturally, but choose not to use it.

* Loose the crosshairs. Probably my biggest pet hate in this game, and it serves no good at least for an infantryman.

* Loose 3rd person. It takes away too much of the immersion to watch.

* During times of high suspense, try to illustrate that you're actually experiencing that suspense rather than casually talk your way through it. Again, your choice, but it's more thrilling to watch :)

* During first part, act like a pilot and note (by saying it) the takeoff time, like you're putting it in a logbook or something.

* During the last part, check your time again... Oops - too cool a game to have that, lol :D One of them small details in this mission that made me go wow - nicely done.

Enjoyable to watch nonetheless. Great stuff. More A2OA let's play. I've watched most of Morrowind, Oblivion and Civ4 stuff already - takes a while :p

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to check out my LP's... Means a LOT to me :D

I would love to do a 'Serious' LP, and as a matter of fact I'm thinking about doing one for the A-10 campaign in Lock-On Flaming Cliffs 2 (like sort of in-character, as an A-10 pilot), but unfortunately I suck so badly at Arma 2 that I'm not sure I'd be able to pull it off convincingly.

Not to mention that this campaign spooks the hell out of me. My heart rate is always super high, and I tend to shriek like a woman when surprised, lol :eek:, which happens often. That's why I'm sticking to a more traditional LP style, with your standard type commentary.

However, if you get bored, check out my Apache Longbow Assault LP. It's by no means 'Serious', but I definitely approach the game in a more tactical manner.

Thanks again guys!!!

**EDIT: BTW part 3 is up (embedded in the first post), unfortunately part 4 has been in Youtube's infamous 'still processing' limbo for like 12 hours now...

Edited by monsterZERO

Part 4 up. This is a good one :butbut:

Part 5 up in a bit...

EDIT: Mods, this is gonna be a short LP, prob not too many updates, but if you don't want me adding updates to this thread and sort of 'Bumping' it just let me know and I won't!

Well made videos, it's fun to watch.

I like your pure hapiness when you get full magazine in part 3 ;)

I cracked up at the end of part five, its like the enemy waited for you to feel safe :)

Nice videos mate

Dont foget to pick up the grenades from a body by the barn he has a pkm aswell :)

^ Didn't realize the body had grenades! That would be incredibly useful, thanks!!

Cool... I love watching these videos. At first I thought you'll show a "done in first try" mission. Showing the failures makes it more unpredictable to watch. :) Keep it up.

Advice: When you are the firefight starter, only open fire when you have fully regained stamina. You'll be more precise.

Nice videos.

I'm looking forward to seeing you finish EW. I completed it 3 times after it was released. Your last video of it should be great! :shhh:

Surprisingly enjoyable.

Your direct commentary is refreshingly honest and quite amusing.

Although I have to agree with most of CarlGustaffa's comments.

Looking forward to new episodes.

BTW you might want to try running these mods (WarFX , JTD Fire&Smoke, JTD Flies and JTD Fat Rain) because they improve the visual experience of the game without significantly impacting the balance.

Very good. Well done. I've watched a LP maybe once or twice before, and didn't like them at all. I thought this one would be similar; that is the only words you could hear from the commentator were, "f***k, sh*t, as*h*le, c**t, etc." This one on the other hand had a very good commentary.

Keep it up

Watched Part 5 of the Play Through - liked your commentary - almost exactly what I was thinking when I played through the first time!

"Got him! Oh, now I feel pretty bad for the poor bastard.. way he curled up.. pretty pathetic.."

"Now.. he did have a friend somewhere earlier.."

BLAM
"Oh! and there is the friend!"

Always nicely rewarding for Devs to see their work enjoyed (even if it can also show us how much we can piss the players off! :cool:)

Keep it up,

RiE

Hi, what i liked the most from the video is that it shows how bad the HDR is and how much it screws up the gaming.

I'd enjoyed alot the Eagle Wing campaign and i have to say that i'd found it to be very inmersive and with a good scary atmosphere; the only thing that didn't liked me from the campaign was... that you're flying an Apache (instead an AH-1Z) that comes from the sea and that is reffered as an USMC aircraft, showing his (right) US army markings on the fuselage, other thing that didn't liked me from the campaign was that it didn't allowed me to use my custom face and custom voice, but as campaign is great and very inmersive; it did liked me more than the main campaign and i'd felt it as more inmersive. Let's C ya

In how many games do you get developers coming in commenting on your playthrough :p

Part 1 - 1 min 27 .... :n:

31-best-bideo-game-costumes09.jpg

:)

Nice game-play.

Off topic:

Although a link from yours got me to this arma2 "lets play" ... which should be "Lets what a cynical COD idiot play"

Edited by mrcash2009

Off topic:

Although a link from yours got me to this arma2 "lets play" ... which should be "Lets what a cynical COD idiot play"

An obvious troll is obvious.

Always nicely rewarding for Devs to see their work enjoyed (even if it can also show us how much we can piss the players off! :cool:)

Wow, I'm glowing! :D Thanks so much, everyone, for your positive remarks!!

@kyfohatl: Thanks for noticing my not dropping 'F' bombs all the time. It actually took a little bit of discipline, because in real life I curse like a sailor, unfortunately (no offense to any sailors). I still slip from time to time when I get really startled though :D. I'm not a fan of LPs where they curse every other word, either. Breaks the Immersion for me, somehow. It just starts to feel like you're watching a 12 year old kid play Halo with his friends, lol...

@sparks50: I know, right? This is one of the FEW places, that's for sure. That's why I love BI!

*EDIT: BTW, the first video for part 6 is up. This one is a longer one (getting better!!), so I had to break it into 3 separate videos for YouTube. The other two are processing and should be up shortly...

Edited by monsterZERO