Sign in to follow this  
csj

loading time in editor :confused:

Standard user map using standard cfg the works.

Several people say it takes them 30 mins plus to load the map in editor.

PCs vary quick slow etc.

Others can load the map under 20 seconds

Some can load the map fast in OA but they say in A2 it takes minutes plus.

For me it loads the same OA or A2, 44 seconds roughly.

All people say they have the same files.

Does anybody have an inkling why and how it can be rectified? :confused:

Could you try describe the problem again?

Or do i understand correctly, that it is about how long it takes to load some unmentioned island in the editor?

That for some it takes 20 seconds, and for others it takes 40? How is that a problem?

Could you try describe the problem again?

Or do i understand correctly, that it is about how long it takes to load some unmentioned island in the editor?

That for some it takes 20 seconds, and for others it takes 40? How is that a problem?

Sorry man my english is pretty f'n bad but yes you did understand it correctly.

I think the "Several people say it takes them 30 mins plus to load the map in editor." is the main problem here. Half an hour plus loading time is not real good. :(

Anything under a minute is not too bad, over a minute is not too good.

Wow! 30 minutes??? I never heard of this :-))

And which map is it?

On my setup, the Chernarus map has the longest loading time of 10 seconds (i used FRAPS to take video of the loading to measure it).

I can't believe anybody is loading any map 30 minutes, there must be something horribly wrong with their SW or HW.

This is just not possible under normal conditions.

I really do not think such problem could be caused by the game itself, its probably HW/OS issue.

What HW/SW configuration have those people?

The only time I've seen loading times like this was when the island was not properly binarised - or a couple of the unbinarised A1 islands running under CAA1...

Assuming everyone definitely has the same properly binarized version of the files??? I'm stuck for suggestions... Assuming it's an A2 island then A2 is required in all cases - obviously - Arrowhead present or not should make no difference at all...

B

Well everyone downloaded from the same DL point.

I know that OA should not make a difference nor anything else for that matter

bar other addons that maybe conflicting.

Bit of a NAncy Drew.

Are all these people having the same maps in their @Map\Addons files when loading the map ?

It seems that ArmA is opening all the map files when loading a new game, so if some of the maps your friend have set in their @Map\Addons directory is having something wrong or if one of the map is having edited textures or smthing else borrowing the same names as your map it can explain this issue.

You must make a test with all the guys having your map alone in their @Map\Addons game directory when starting the game.

I'll echo what Old Bear has said, make sure they are only loading your island and nothing else. Apart from that you could check your log after binarizing and see if it gives you any clues as to what might be causing such odd loading times. Also check, double check, and triple check your files and make sure you are following the tutorials linked on this forum.

Anything else requires more info on your part or we can't really help you. :/

Yes, properly compare apples with apples.

Is the terrain using a separate addon PBO for addons? Are those addons all located in the same location? Do they all have the same addon file for biuldings?

The wait time could simply be the game in loop searching for a file or config entry.

Those who wait longest, do they have anything/errors in the RPT file?

Are some using a -noworld shortcut when they start the game?

..... some thoughts.