Sign in to follow this  
Azamato

How to enjoy ArmA 2 MP?

Hey everyone, i reinstalled ArmA on my pc again and so another question (i posted like a million on em already lol)

each time i go to the server browser it puts into a bad server where i dont know what to do and noone is awnsering to my questions, and when i connect to some i get back to the browser :s

so do i have to join like a clan or something to just "go, connect, play coop or tdm" ?

please can someone explain to me how to enjoy the MP

Really the only way you're going to get good MP at the moment is playing with a clan. Public MP is a mess in it's current state, sadly. :(

Get some friends and host a game, or have someone host, or go onto a server together,

or best yet join s clan. Clan? in Arma2? No

A squad, this is a simulator were playing with so squad would be more appropriate,

but clan too, whatever floats your boat. Or start a squad, and get a server, then you can run your own coops.

This post should be in Mp where all mp discussians are.

Get some friends together an play some co-op missions together, I've found it is great fun playing co-op with friends instead of just joining a server full of people you don't know...It was a complete mess.

we have insurgency up on our server alot (taskforce blackjack) and we have a good amount of players on alot. no mods required, with some really really good team play. Team Speak is a must in my mind :) Your welcome on anytime :) It really just comes down to what times your on. some days there are alot of active servers other are slow if maybe only 1 active server hit or miss really

Playing with Friends > Playing with Strangers

Kind of like what my Mum told me, but thats another story ;)

I only play on public servers and i have no problem finding nice MP games.

Just go to multi player menu and sort the list on players so the most full servers are on top.

Personaly i love Warfare, so i just join a server that says, 32/30, and i join.

Somethimes you join a almost finished game but most of the time i can start right away and enjoy the match.

Not all the time every one answers your questions, they might be busy, just be polite and maybe dont ask to much to quick, i usualy get a response.

Plenty of team play if you look for it.

I play this game since the first edition OFP and never had a real problem finding nice MP and i always play public, never been in a clan.

Playing with Friends > Playing with Strangers

Playing with strangers long enough can evolve into playing with friends. So don't be shy about trying out different servers. It took me a while to find my spot but I consider those 25-30ish regulars with whom I play every week sort of like online friends.

Playing with strangers long enough can evolve into playing with friends. So don't be shy about trying out different servers. It took me a while to find my spot but I consider those 25-30ish regulars with whom I play every week sort of like online friends.

Surely this is how everyone actually makes friends ;)

IDK my internet is too slow and my laptop is too crap to play online :( :( :(

The disadvantages of most public servers have been discussed here and elsewhere. If you use public servers you can watch people play for a few minutes. Then talk to someone who plays the way you want to play and ask him if you can team up with him. This is an easy way to start organized play on a public server.

Communication with other players is a lot easier if you use the right voice server. Many people find the text chat distracting and ignore it.