Sign in to follow this  
MDRZulu

Make a UH-1 Huey

Well I am in the US ARMY and I see 3-4 Hueys a day. They are maily used for medical evacs and stuff like that around here. Our Air Assult school uses them and so does are OPFOR here and at Ft Irwin. I am at Ft Polk. I am pretty sure almost every base still uses Hueys.

Well I am in the US ARMY and I see 3-4 Hueys a day. They are maily used for medical evacs and stuff like that around here. Our Air Assult school uses them and so does are OPFOR here and at Ft Irwin. I am at Ft Polk. I am pretty sure almost every base still uses Hueys.

i am near Ft. Eustis(US Army Transportation HQ aka Ft. Useless) and ive seen hueys a few times, mostly Chinooks, and sometimes black hawks and then sometimes helicopters from Norfolk Naval Base

First, the Marine Corps uses the UH-1, CH-46, CH-56, AH-1W. I would like all of them. Second, the US has used the UH-1 since Vietnam and still uses them today although not as much as more modern A/C. would also like more US Marine units even if the change is small. My two cents, take it or leave it.

ive posted a suggestion of adding the AAV, ive heard the military's version of OFP will have the AAV

an AAV is an Amphibious Attack Vehicle, the turret is many a MK19 and M2(in 1 turret) it can be out fitted with 2 M2's instead of an MK19 also.

sort of off topic.. maybe to balance the large variety of US choppers, they could maybe produce more derivates of the Hind ?

I'd love to see a kit-out pre-screen much the same as the "gear" section pre-game, allowing you to arm a chopper as needed... (like extra boxes of ammo for door gunners etc..)

They use a modified version of the Cobra... it has 2 engines.. hellfires, and they are using a newer version with some Apache features

(Edited by Ir0n 3agl3 at 1:50 am on Nov. 29, 2001)

eeeeeeer right, they are called Super Cobras/Sea Cobras, as i said earlier

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from NVA Killer on 11:04 pm on Nov. 25, 2001

marines still use the cobra but now its called the Super Cobra/Sea Cobra

<span id='postcolor'>

(Edited by NVA Killer at 1:47 am on Nov. 29, 2001)

Screw the russians they can get a KA-52 or something and how is a Huey going to un-balance anything as long as it ins't a gunship.

This is idiotic.

You want ANOTHER helicopter. For the US.

There is already a blackhawk in the game, it serves the exact same purpose, so shut up and use that.

Not to mention the fact that the US already has FIVE helicopters....

I agree, the UH-1 would be a great addon vehicle. I think it should be the very next vehicle to be added.

Also, there is all this talk about the "SDK" (three-d object builder) floating around:

1. Has Bohemia or Codemasters explicity said they will develop such a thing?

2. If so, where was this said (website, heard it from my friends dog while I was on acid, etc.)

3. Did they say when?

moderate down

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from GFX707 on 3:36 am on Nov. 29, 2001

This is idiotic.

You want ANOTHER helicopter. For the US.

There is already a blackhawk in the game, it serves the exact same purpose, so shut up and use that.

Not to mention the fact that the US already has FIVE helicopters....

<span id='postcolor'>

YES! I wish this was everyone's thinking... We should be able to (have the freedom to) make whatever vehicles we feel are necessary. It is the responsibility of the mission makers to decide what is appropriate (and balanced if I have to use that despicable term).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Deathbysaw on 6:47 am on Nov. 29, 2001

If it exist and can be put in the game it should be put in it.

<span id='postcolor'>

(Edited by Oversoul at 5:15 pm on Nov. 29, 2001)

adding a huey will not make it any less balanced because it does not present something special that the East does not have. so you might ask why add it then, well simply because it looks cool and would be fun

mdf92324.jpg

USMC Huey in Afghanistan

Exactly, you could just use a huey in some maps instead of a blackhawk no big deal.