Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

BD Tracer Lights

I think yeah, the beta patch isn't running with that command line. I think the beta patch may come with its own shortcut. If it does then cut and paste your mods list i.e. @CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_SM;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy; @JayArmA2Lib;@ACRE;@UOMods;@BD_Tracer_Lights_1.0;@ WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.41 -nosplash

after the beta text.

Or..

Use Alpine Stars ArmA II Launcher and tick the beta box as well as your mods.

I'm running 1.55, no beta, and threw it in my FX mod folder with WarFX. Works perfectly.

Do you have it in the addons folder within the @whatever?

What I'm confused now, so I don't need to use the beta patch because the latest patch i.e. 1.55 is higher, I thought we needed the beta cos of an ammo reference that wasn't in 1.55.

That update came in a beta for 1.54. Needless to say, it's in 1.55. ;)

Hey BD, what method do you use to determine if it's dark? Or are the lights always applied?

The light sources are always created, but the engine only renders them when it decides it's "night time".

Anyway, everyone stay tuned since I'm planning to release a small update.

Ah I just realized that I had to create a subfolder called addons in my @BD_Tracer_Lights_1.0 folder. It now works.

Great mod BD, good work. :) It makes night fighting a whole lot more cool.

I can confirm I cant get it to work with Pistolfied Tracers sadly, maybe if warfx tracers work i'll try it with them. Should I put this mod in its own @ folder or just add it into my existing tracers mod folder.

Great News about an Update Big D, looking forward to it.

I'm planning to release a small update.

Don't want to sound like a prick and I guess this is nitpicking but after seeing the videos AnimalMother92 posted would it be possible to tone down the effect a bit (lets say ~50%) for smaller calibers like 5.56/7.62?

Thanks again for a neat addon and looking forward to any updates you may release...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

I cant get it to run at all now, I'm running 1.54 with beta and its not working. maybe it just don't like me lol.

Sorry to hear that Bigpickle, maybe if you post your complete command line and where you installed "bd_tracer.pbo" we may be able to sort it out...

One more thing... Have you the Extended Eventhandler (CBA) installed?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

damn forgot to tick it on launcher. shameful ::oops:

Working now

Edited by Bigpickle

Update released, see first post.

Like I said, it's just a small update, but it fixes a potentially problematic bug.

Thanks Big Dawg, gonna try it right away!

/KC

Cool, ive been so busy with my current projects i havnt been able to check most of the mods coming out, finnaly did today and think these are awesome. Nice job dudes:)

Edited by Opticalsnare

somehow screw up the ffar rockets on the apache for me. Only comes out from right rocket pod.

somehow screw up the ffar rockets on the apache for me. Only comes out from right rocket pod.

Hmm, that's very odd. Sounds more like BD Multigun Fix, do you have that installed?

Thank you for this. This + the new ACE tracer models are wow.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/zacho5/ArmA/ArmA2OA2010-11-2720-37-44-62.png

Wow is the right word, is that the latest stable build(1.6.0.425) or is it the latest beta build? Because I use the latest stable and my tracers look more line than orb like.

Edited by Bigpickle

Wow is the right word, is that the latest stable build(1.6.0.425) or is it the latest beta build? Because I use the latest stable and my tracers look more line than orb like.

Latest ACE dev build.

Thank you for this. This + the new ACE tracer models are wow.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/zacho5/ArmA/ArmA2OA2010-11-2720-37-44-62.png

Eh since you are postin this...

Amazing picture!

About those ace tracers... I see the different looks of tracers. But how did you get the light so bright? The lights in my game are not as bright... :-/

Also: Is this mod compatible with Pistolfied's Tracers

Edited by megagoth1702

Eh since you are postin this...

Amazing picture!

About those ace tracers... I see the different looks of tracers. But how did you get the light so bright? The lights in my game are not as bright... :-/

Also: Is this mod compatible with Pistolfied's Tracers

No, unfortunately it seems it isn't. and it does not work with blastcore tracers as well. at least I did not get it the lighting to work with both.

I hope the author of this very fine mod reads this and is still involved in modding. I came across this pearl of a fx mod and have to say it would be

great if this one gets some attention so that it might be compatible with existing tracer mods - that would truly be great!

some other things to mention (from my side):

- lighting is great

- maybe incorporate an option for size of tracers (short balls or long streaks) to make it independent from other mods

- seems that it disables tracers for all other weapons besides machineguns (infantry, vehicle mounted and airial), why this?