Sign in to follow this  
JAP

Why ?

Anyone remember Top Gun? I love dogfighting with these tracks playing at the same time - Cheap Trick: 'Mighty Wings' and Kenny Loggins: 'Danger Zone'. Anyone share the same likings?

When the terrain editor, "visitor" comes out, we will have much bigger maps on the way. and with gunslingers editor addon, you can make all the damn airports you want....

How many people have overlooked OFP's

full potential?

I say, multi roll missions like

air/ground/sea/armored/reconnaissance, missions will fit

right into place once editing becomes more

convenient, and or frequent....

Yes I also remember it was something like 12.7x12.7, although there's unlimited area of sea I guess.

In my opinion there is no reason to complain about it, as you are doing, if you don't like the planes.....THEN DON'T DOWNLOAD THEM, or, you can gather up some nice textures and make us a small country tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ May 05 2002,18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The U.S Air Force was/is considering the F16 in a ground attack role.<span id='postcolor'>

The F-16 is as much of an attack plane as it is a fighter and was that way from the beginning.

I dont think we need jets that go mach 1+ but I would like an A-4 skyhawk. Its a subsonic attack plane not much bigger than the BAe Hawk. A harrier or A-6 would be great too.

In my mind the A-6 should be the biggest attack plane because anything above it can easily make quick work of half the islands.

b52_strike.jpg

B-52 strike

Anybody remember Top gun the game? Ie the PC 2 cd flight sim pretty old now. It was my first PC game ever and i loved it. Those crazy co pilots chatting all over and the satisfaction of seing a good hit with the AIM-54 phoenix on a poor MIG-29.

I feel the topic starters pain, I too feel that too much effort is being put towards aircraft, but the modelers are free to create what they choose. Having played many of the Jane's flight sims, I find the flight modeling and "dogfightability" of the aircraft pathetic, archaic, and unenjoyable.

I certainly would like to see more ground units, but particularly would like to see useful objects like maybe "real" buildings perhaps. Fighting room to room to uproot terrorists could make for some interesting scenarios...but alas we would still have the clipping problems...enemy running through walls and such.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rain of bullets @ May 05 2002,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but the airplanes are what attracts people, because when you're in an airplane, you can dominate almost the entire battlefield.  

maybe some SAM missiles with good accuracy can take care of that (but as kegetys said, the OFP engine doesn't support good accuracy against FMV's )  <span id='postcolor'>

Its funny, people THINK that they would dominate the battle field, but if there was a realistic F16 in the game I bet very view people would be able to use it properly. I like to think of myself as an ace infantry soldier in ofp, but im no pilot. Hell, I even have trouble keeping the SU25 in the air. Targeting the rockets is also quite hard. Someone who actually is a top notch pilot in ofp is someone who deserves respect. Helicopters are easy to fly. I get my kicks from flying 5m from the ground (not good at very high speed and poor visiblity).

And dont you just hate those maps with heavily armed helis and no AA rockets, where the first team in the air basically wins the game?