Sign in to follow this  
JAP

Why ?

... into a frigging flightsim ??

Sorry but i m kinda wondering lately.

8 out of 10 announced addons involve fighterplanes .... i mean wtf, wasn t this a soldier/infantery sim ?

This game isn t suited for all those planes. It s an island of XX square miles, not a small country. You are turning this game into something that s gonna ruin the gameplay all together. More airunits means less people will dare to take tanks/trucks/jeeps because they get shot up by all the planes in the air.

There will be a few planes suitable for the island but F15,16,22 etc .... comeone !! That s just STUPID !!

Also the Hercules, hell i like it, but this game doesn t need it, only one airport max on islands, so it s gonna take off and return to same airfield ?? What s the point ? And to do paradrops .... i think a large chopper will do for that !

I think alot of people will agree, but even more will disagree with my view on it, but it just annoyes me so many people are spending their time making NICE addons that are of no use in this game. Put your talent and time into usefull stuff plz ! Not another fighterjet, this game isnt a flightsim and will never be one !!

And i doubt this is the evolution of OFP BIS had in mind when giving OXY.

No flaming, just opinions plz.

you're right on a couple of things mate...I love some good planes and helicopters, but enough is enough. I mean, the harrier HAS to be in it smile.gif. but after that I would love to see some groundunits. like heavy scoutingvehicles or some heavy armored tanks.

but the airplanes are what attracts people, because when you're in an airplane, you can dominate almost the entire battlefield.

maybe some SAM missiles with good accuracy can take care of that (but as kegetys said, the OFP engine doesn't support good accuracy against FMV's )

anyway, we're just going to have to wait for some ground units smile.gif but i'm sure some people are already working on some, but since the planes and helis are overwelming, you just don't see any of them.

keep your eye on the download section in ofpeditingcenter. i'm sure something will turn up soon smile.gif

i'd have to agree but...i guess all we can do is let these people find out for themselves. at least no one is trying to add x-wings yet

i suggest that if u dont want more planes u learn to model and make some ground units biggrin.gif

wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ May 05 2002,11wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i suggest that if u dont want more planes u learn to model and make some ground units  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I cant, and i don t wish to learn cause i would s*ck at it.

It s just a waste of time for all these fighters to be developed cause only a few will keep on playing with them, the major part of the community will only try it and then leave it sitting in the addon folder and never try it again or once in a while.

I m not complaining the addons are bad, i m just complaining there are too many coming of the same.

And i didnt say i didn t want planes !  I said fighterjets !F16, F15, F22 those kinds of planes !!  sad.gif  What can they possibly add to this game ? Tell me ..

/edit

Ooops, didn t see this post ...

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=11519

Never mind this post then, and i agree with that post ofcourse.

I made this without looking at other post, after reading the millionth post about a fighterplane coming sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ May 05 2002,09:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">More airunits means less people will dare to take tanks/trucks/jeeps because they get shot up by all the planes in the air.<span id='postcolor'>

Ummmm by this, are you suggesting that because of the more air units we are all going to incorporate millions of them into our levels for no apparent reason?

or are you saying that more people will have lots of planes in multiplayer so multiplayer is dangerous?

or are you saying that operation flashpoint is real life and because of all the new planes being produced no one is going to want to use the jeeps because they will be shot at by all of these planes in the air.

Im sorry, but that statement of yours there completlely and utterly makes no sense. If you make your own level, you can choose how many planes there are and where etc.

My main reason for this statement is gamebalance !! A plane in the hands of a skilled pilot will dominate any MP game ! ( so will a hind, but in my eyes that is still more funerable then a fast moving jet ) So if all are making those fast jets at least some attention could be given to some desent AA ( Mobile SAM's)

but ....

In MP games i dont see too many people taking planes even when they are on the map ! The ones that take them usualy crash them on take off or a little into flight....

.... So why put so much effort into these kinds of units when they are hardly used ! Why not put time in usefull stuff. I would choose for a simple zodiac sooner then 5 different fighterplanes !

But you're kinde right that particular statement isn t my best one so far wink.gif , so i m a little right and a little wrong with it. But the main point being that alot of time is invested in units that arent gonna be implemented in missions alot (or maybe more as scenery, but what s the point for making them then .. )

But you get my point hopefully !

aircraft are generally the spearhead of any war/attack etc, i.e if someone makes a falklands war mod, a gulf war mod, vietnam mod, etc the latest aircraft are needed, i pressume the ground units etc will also be made in time.

I reckon that we should get just any units in the game, whi cares if they're ground or air, its just gonna be more fun!

there are many planes that could be compatible with flashpoint.

1970's to mid 1980's is the corsair, 6 hardpoints, max takeoff load 42,000 lbs. empty wieght 18,800 lb. its a single seat single engine land based attack fighter. it don't go too fast. and it can defend itself with sidewinders and amramms (how do u spell that again?)

Bae hawk is already done but its an attack aircraft too so it could have small munitions and dumb bombs.

mig 15's-mig 17's

a-6 intruder.

even the F4G wild weasel should be ok as far as attack speed goes.

we don't really need fighters, mig 17's could work, so could sabres.

not to mention bombers (i dunno resistance could have some old vintage bombers and wwii planes??)

but your right we need some groud units and weapons, rusians need a m2 equivilent they seem to use 7.62 mm machine guns instead.

accuracy on some of the new mods (lost brothers mod!!!wink.gif could be more realistic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Airdude2 @ May 05 2002,13:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">accuracy on some of the new mods (lost brothers mod!!!wink.gif could be more realistic.<span id='postcolor'>

Have you told them? I'm sure they'd be interested to hear.

Back to the subject, if you don't want planes, don't download them,plain and simple.

I downloaded Kegetys' Hawk just to try it out and I would be tempted to use it if there was some great super duper finish mod out there with great missions to go with it.

I think that planes can added a lot to the war environment in a mission, if not over done.

nah i haven't, see there weapons seem to always hit the mark.

and i'm not sure if they want that or not.

because some firearms will hit the mark if you take away human error and the fact that we can't hold a fireing weapon completely still

nah i haven't, see there weapons seem to always hit the mark.

and i'm not sure if they want that or not.

because some firearms will hit the mark if you take away human error and the fact that we can't hold a fireing weapon completely still.

and yes dogfighting is cool.

buit i got a problem that when i try and pull up the damn thing looks around in the cockpit for about 40 degrees and then only doe sthe plane start following it.

its nto the plane its my damn controls why does it do that. i have keys to do head checks, the mouse should coproll the plane only not my head aswell }: (

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Airdude2 @ May 05 2002,14:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its nto the plane its my damn controls why does it do that. i have keys to do head checks, the mouse should coproll the plane only not my head aswell }: (<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like you're in mouse look mode. Press the asterisk key on your numeric pad to flip out of mouse look mode. Is that the problem?

no its not that, when i press the * button i can't adjust pitch at all.

its like mouse look but say i wanna dive it will look down until i can see my instruments and stick etc, then the plane will start adjusting pitch.

kinda like a pressing the middle mouse button in explorer the page only scrolls when u reach the edge.

its like i can't adjust pitch untill i reach the (edge) of my pilots view. its really wierd, and annoying if i wanna suddenly wann pull up, i need to pull the mouse, lift it up put it back on the pad and pull again

I have to say I agree with some of the points raised in this post...I would like to see more ground vehicles added rather than a plethora of supersonic aircraft.

Just my opinion. smile.gif

supersonic aircraft are not needed, subsonic close air support aircraft are though, most infantry forces wont attack without air support unless they absolutely have to

Wouldint it be much more fun to have the infantry go at it mano a mano and not have a jet in the sky rape away a whole side before it gets to fight?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 05 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Back to the subject, if you don't want planes, don't download them,plain and simple.<span id='postcolor'>

I wont trust me.  

But i stated it already twice or more JETFIGHTERS from the type of F16 etc ...

There are planes and planes !  sad.gif

A10, SU25 and that hawk are perfect for the maps but what good is an F16 or an F22 ( that s just hilarious making that for OFP, sorry no offence for the addonmakers because they are doing realy nice work ! )

Also, only 1 airport on two maps  confused.gif  So only one side has aircraft ?

And aren t these aircraft made to intercept other aircraft at 10.000ft + ? => setviewdistance 10000 ?

Then maybe the poll isn t correct if 30+ % wants realism.

And i downloaded the hawk as soon as i saw it and loved it ! But that s not the type of aircraft i m talking about.

Also late 60's jets like sabre's and early migs for that matter are suited for these maps.

But aircraft that need to engage at 20-50 Km distances ? No thanks !

The U.S Air Force was/is considering the F16 in a ground attack role.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Airdude2 @ May 05 2002,12:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bae hawk is already done but its an attack aircraft too so it could have small munitions and dumb bombs.<span id='postcolor'>

The Hawk is primerally a jet trainer and a LIFT aircraft. Zimbabwe and Singapore may have got very light attack varients. The training versions usually carry practice missiles where the seeker heads are the only working parts but the raf has a contingency role for them and loads 2 AIM-9s and 1 Aden pod.

The Hawk is perfectly capabe of ground attack, but is used by the RAF as a trainer (obviously) and for point air defence of air fields. The Hawk 200 is more versatile still.

Ohh, the nostalgia... from five months ago, when I dogfighted an Su-25 against an Apache. It was bliss, until I found the magic of true flight sims. F-16 Multirole Fighter, ahhh. Beautiful stuff (from 1998, considering), except there's one thing OFP adds to the flying experience: once you're done in the air, take the fight to the ground! I usually ended up shooting down the Apache, and ejecting myself, only to land and execute the downed pilot in the underlaying Everon forest. Gorgeous gaming moments, indeed. Still, tho, there is no answer to this 'fight' - some people, like me, would find flying an F-14 Tomcat around Malden excrutiatingly fun, whereas the deadbeats prefer no supersonic aircraft, and subsequently no outside fun. smile.gif