Sign in to follow this  
Dongolev

Where can I find patches for the following bugs?

1) Night vision does not really work. Humans are supposed to show up as bright green and they are barely visible at all.

2) Planes barely fly. And I can't find a way to hold the throttle in place.

3) If I create a mission with me as the driver of a Stryker, I can't turn out for some odd reason.

4) If I hit a helicopter on the ground with an AT4, somehow the pilot walks out completely unscathed.

I'm sure there are many more but these are just the ones I've noticed so far.

1.) I cannot say i know everything about any NVGs, but based on my limited experience i would say you are mistaken.

It doesn't even make sense, what would make the humans more brighter? why? When you are in poorly iluminated room, do you perceive the other humans to be glowing somehow? :-)))

Maybe you mistaken NVG for FLIR?

Or you are talking about those newer optics with combined NVG and Thermal imaging? - those are not in the game.

As for the rest of your problems, try the ACE mod (i don't guarantee it will fix all the problems, but it is a high probability).

btw. not sure, but seems like you posted in wrong forum - if it is about bugs, then maybe the troubleshooting forum seems more appropriate.

Edited by 5133p39

Where can I find patches for the following bugs?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Version_History

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:ArmA:_Patches_%26_Updates

Night vision does not really work. Humans are supposed to show up as bright green and they are barely visible at all.

is your gama, or brightness settings to low?, as I dont have this issue.

2) Planes barely fly. And I can't find a way to hold the throttle in place.

EasyFly planes

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4324&highlight=EASYFLY+PLANES

If I create a mission with me as the driver of a Stryker, I can't turn out for some odd reason.

Dont know about that one but if you get in as commander you can move to any position.

What version of Arma are you playing with?

as the latest is 1.16, but average user uses 1.14

you should look into WarMod for Arma which really turns your game around in your favor,

as well as has fixes, and many other things.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

1.) I cannot say i know everything about any NVGs, but based on my limited experience i would say you are mistaken.

It doesn't even make sense, what would make the humans more brighter? why? When you are in poorly iluminated room, do you perceive the other humans to be glowing somehow? :-)))

Maybe you mistaken NVG for FLIR?

Or you are talking about those newer optics with combined NVG and Thermal imaging? - those are not in the game.

Night vision goggles create a visual representation of infrared light. Infrared light comes from any entity that generates heat. Guess what humans do that plants, sand, and tents do not.

Night vision goggles create a visual representation of infrared light. Infrared light comes from any entity that generates heat. Guess what humans do that plants, sand, and tents do not.

1) Wrong naming:

You are thinking of Thermal Imaging or InfraRed. Goggles/sights that can view heat sources. (These are more expensive than NVG's generally lower resolution so are not as commonly used, especially as goggles)

Weapons with these sights do exist in Operation Arrowhead and are called TWS.

Night Vision Goggles (NVG's) are image intensifiers that multiply existing/ambient light. The display is usually designed to be green because the human eye can distinguish more shades of green than other colours.

2) Are you using a joystick? Do not use the Analogue throttle option.

3) You can only turn out if the Commander has turned out. Make yourself the Commander in the mission and swap places in game.

4) Yes, this does happen sometimes.

The latest Beta patch fixes many things and is easy to install or remove. (To remove do NOT use uninstall but just delete Beta folder)

Edited by EDcase